House Price Crash Forum

Gordies Speech....

HOLA441
He has some good stuff to say about housing though. Unlike Cameron unfortunately. I don't really buy all the anti-Brown rhetoric on this site. Low interest rates and the housing boom have been a global phenomenon hardly Browns fault. The UK has the highest interest rates of all the major economies.

I have seen my salary doubled since Blair came to power, the local hospital is first rate, life, except for housing is good. I also find the BBC entertaining, unbiased and informative.

If Brown dose something about housing then I might just vote for him depending on his stance on the Iraq war and identity cards. Cameron has a bit of convincing to do. I ember the Thatcher years and they were pretty grim, which makes me a bit nervous.

What sort of dream world you living in? The government and its citizens are in debt up to its eyeballs. We are in a global marketplace and everything in the UK is way, way, overpriced. A first class stamp in the UK is twice the price of a US one, and in the US a first class stamp gets you from NY to LA across 3 time zones. Not only that, the postal workers in the UK want to strike for 25% more pay! The UK citizen is being shafted, the pound is the only thing keeping the HMS Great Britain from sinking. That is why interest rates are higher that anywhere else in the G7 and will go a - LOT - higher. Failure to keep the pound elevated will send the UK into a major recession.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
Sorry to piss on your chips, but IP means Intellectual Property, mostly software, ie the stuff that loads into a compooota, firmware in the form of hardware design can also be called IP and is the first step in designing a chip but as far as I know the physical chip is never referred to as IP, whats your role, sounds like you're a code monkey.

Whets wrong with being a code monkey? Engineering is a fine profession. But FYI I have a PhD and project managed several multi million dollar projects and myself and another guy make many of the strategic decisions for the company. I am of to live in California to start up ops there shortly.

Code monkey? Yes and proud of it. In the US it is usually code monkey who are the CEO and CTO of the company. My boss, the founder and owner of the company is a code monkey. There is no job I would rather be doing.

If you want specifics we primarily do synthesis able VHDL or Verilog cores or complete SOC design.

Edited by gordonbrown

HOLA443
Whets wrong with being a code monkey? Engineering is a fine profession. But FYI I have a PhD and project managed several multi million dollar projects and myself and another guy make many of the strategic decisions for the company. I am of to live in California to start up ops there shortly.

Code monkey? Yes and proud of it. In the US it is usually code monkey who are the CEO and CTO of the company. My boss, the founder and owner of the company is a code monkey. There is no job I would rather be doing.

If you want specifics we primarily do synthesis able VHDL or Verilog cores or complete SOC design.

No offence with the code monkey comment, its just what we call our selves in the industry, lets not get to hung up on titles, as for the multi million pound project thing, contractor rates on project time costing anything up to £2000 a day a million doesn't go very far, it sounds like we do the same thing, drop me a PM if you want to talk more specifics, System On a Chip is my bread and butter too, you don't work for CSR by any chance.

HOLA444

Surely someone with a PHD should be above average when it comes to grammer?

They'll give a PHD to any old tw*t these days.

I bet you are a Woolworths check out boy in real life.

HOLA445

GrammAr perhaps?

Where's the apostrophe in Woolworths? :lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol::blink::blink::blink:

HOLA446

And I bet you dont earn 1/3 of what I do grammer or no. Nobody ever got paid for grammer.

-- connected to the main core memory.

wec <= wei;

wc <= std_logic_vector(wo(9 downto 5)&wo(3 downto 2)&wo(1 downto 0)) when state = transform else

std_logic_vector(to_unsigned(48, 6)&wo(7 downto 5)) when state = hadamard else

std_logic_vector(wi(9 downto 5)&wi(3 downto 2)&wi(1 downto 0));

No offence taken anyway Jimmy. No not CSR. Just playing devils advocate to a certain extent. Not really boasting either. I still cant affoard somehwere decent to live and I will be 40 next year and pretty much at the top of my earning pottential. What do I have to be smug about?

Edited by gordonbrown

HOLA447
He has some good stuff to say about housing though. Unlike Cameron unfortunately. I don't really buy all the anti-Brown rhetoric on this site. Low interest rates and the housing boom have been a global phenomenon hardly Browns fault. The UK has the highest interest rates of all the major economies.

I have seen my salary doubled since Blair came to power, the local hospital is first rate, life, except for housing is good. I also find the BBC entertaining, unbiased and informative.

If Brown dose something about housing then I might just vote for him depending on his stance on the Iraq war and identity cards. Cameron has a bit of convincing to do. I ember the Thatcher years and they were pretty grim, which makes me a bit nervous.

Well despite boasting MPC 'independence' as his great achievement, Gordon actually appoints the MPC members, so I'll leave it to the Telegraph's city editor to explain:

"Writing the Telegraph’s City Comment, Damian Reece says: “We are moving perilously close to a boom-bust scenario. For this we can blame Gordon Brown. It was he who packed the MPC with Keynesian doves willing to accommodate his spending spree, smoothing his way into Number 10”

As for housing, his ideas are the classic sticking plaster solutions - some shared ownership, various key worker schemes, and talk about building more 'affordable' houses. How do you do the latter in an unaffordable market exactly? Stop wasting our money and deal with the causes not the symptoms.

I'd also like to know where life is 'great' in Britain these days?

But then I suppose there isn't a lot of graffiti, rampant welfarism, anti social behaviour, nor packs of drunken pre-teenagers roaming the streets behind that bomb proof gate at the end of your road - eh Gordon?

P.S Have you considered Frank Field for a Cabinet position?

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
Guest Bart of Darkness
BoD... I wish you were my real Dad...

I see myself more as the dotty uncle type. :)

Where's the apostrophe in Woolworths? :lol::lol::lol:

Is it just behind the Pick n' Mix?

HOLA4411
I also find the BBC entertaining, unbiased and informative.

What about the capitulation of the BBC to the Labour government after the Hutton (David Kelly) enquiry?

Do you or your boss understand what the Labour government have done to pensions and pensioners? Yes or No?

You should have said that you had a PHD and worked on multi-million pound projects because I would have shown you more respect. :lol: Perhaps a savant like yourself could explain why Gordon Brown's profligacy should have been at the detriment to pensioners. You obviously think it's perfectly okay for the most vulnerable to have their entire future put at jeopardy by reckless theft? Enlighten us all.

Your use of a jargon acronym tells me all I need to know about you.