House Price Crash Forum

Turkey Boom Time

HOLA441

Turkey is expecting a boom in property sales to both European and Turkish house hunters.

Over 60,000 properties have been bought by foreigners in the last 18 months with this number expected to rise to 500,000 in the next 2 years.

Government gave the ok for turkish mortgages for the first timer so demand for property is expected to boom.

Property in turkey bis still a fraction of the price of other European countries.

All these and other rewasons make it the perfect time to buy property.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
Turkey is expecting a boom in property sales to both European and Turkish house hunters.

Over 60,000 properties have been bought by foreigners in the last 18 months with this number expected to rise to 500,000 in the next 2 years.

Government gave the ok for turkish mortgages for the first timer so demand for property is expected to boom.

Property in turkey bis still a fraction of the price of other European countries.

All these and other rewasons make it the perfect time to buy property.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Your joking right?

Turkey is in my opinion the worst place to buy a house, even worse than Morocco.

There is a reason it is cheap. Tourism Down. Terrorism Up. Currency all over the place. EU membership never happening due to a Massive number of human right infringements. Place full of conmen trying to sell property to naive Brits....come to think of it reading your post....are you one of them?

HOLA443

Your joking right?

Turkey is in my opinion the worst place to buy a house, even worse than Morocco.

There is a reason it is cheap. Tourism Down. Terrorism Up. Currency all over the place. EU membership never happening due to a Massive number of human right infringements. Place full of conmen trying to sell property to naive Brits....come to think of it reading your post....are you one of them?

HOLA444

Adibrown .

What a load of crap you post .So out of touch.

Ill educate you.

If you argue withe figures you know more than the British embassy in Turkey.

Those are their figures.

You say niave Brits ,well i know many of these Brits have seen their properties double on the agean coast in 2 years.

Tourism down you say.Is that why BA fly 4 times a week now from Gatwick to Izmir for as little as £81 return booked in advance.

Easy jet anounced flights to Istanbul this year.

Onur airlines just announced Manc,Brum,gatwick to Izmir flights again from £78 booked early.

You say about unstable currency.AGAIN WRONG

The curerency has been between 2.6-2.8 Lira to the £ for 12months at least.

The new turkish mortgage system will allow Turks to borrow to buy property for the first time,i cant see how anyone can not see this a s positive.

EU membership is bound to happen but probably 10 years or so.

Thats not such a bad thing many Brits having the good life there with prices so cheap to live.

Finally no i dont sell property i buy it.

I look forward to your reply.

HOLA445
Adibrown .

What a load of crap you post .So out of touch.

Ill educate you.

If you argue withe figures you know more than the British embassy in Turkey.

Those are their figures.

You say niave Brits ,well i know many of these Brits have seen their properties double on the agean coast in 2 years.

Tourism down you say.Is that why BA fly 4 times a week now from Gatwick to Izmir for as little as £81 return booked in advance.

Easy jet anounced flights to Istanbul this year.

Onur airlines just announced Manc,Brum,gatwick to Izmir flights again from £78 booked early.

You say about unstable currency.AGAIN WRONG

The curerency has been between 2.6-2.8 Lira to the £ for 12months at least.

The new turkish mortgage system will allow Turks to borrow to buy property for the first time,i cant see how anyone can not see this a s positive.

EU membership is bound to happen but probably 10 years or so.

Thats not such a bad thing many Brits having the good life there with prices so cheap to live.

Finally no i dont sell property i buy it.

I look forward to your reply.

HOLA446

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Touted as the next "hot spot" by global real-estate experts, Turkey's being gobbled up.

You know that as soon as a trend starts in the U.K., it's bound to catch on here in the States-and as history has proved, we'll take it to a whole other level. So, now that British house buyers are stepping up to the Turkish housing market plate, a raft of secret investment deals is no doubt being passed around among the top investors.

In terms of property prices, it is expected that Turkey will see the same growth and development in the coming years as Spain has during the last two decades.

Rewind: It's 2004. Property prices in Turkey are rising 30% and even doubling in coastal areas.

Back to the future: It's 2006. Real estate in Turkey is still a bargain. Investors are going berserk.

And to top it off, airlines servicing Turkey give added cash incentives to potential buyers-the flight will take four or five hours from Heathrow. This is ingenious on their part. It's the perfect way to entice foreign investors into Turkey with cheap travel expenses.

Not only that, what you can see is that the more popular Turkey becomes, the more value is assigned to the properties.

It's not just the coastal areas-the cities are seeing more and more tourism and foreign buyers.

David Cox of Property Frontiers says in a press release, "Turkey is experiencing economic development outside coastal areas and investment in Istanbul and Ankara is becoming increasingly viable. However, I expect the major hot spot to be on the coasts where the market has performed very well and it is expected to continue to do so."

As Turkey becomes more tourist-friendly and its economy reflects the 2005 growth, you'll begin to see a trend heading east, Muslim culture or not. Keep in mind that Turkey is a secular Islamic state, and thus relatively safe.

Of course, you must always beware dealing with foreign regulations, contracts, and the like. And English-speaking lawyers and financial advisors are always recommended when buying property outside your own country.

Investors are hungry, starving even, for a new market

The emerging real-estate market in Turkey has just experienced a boom in 2006.

And when January of this year saw the nation pass new laws regarding foreign freehold ownership of property, investors' mouths started to water.

Now that Turkey is seriously considering becoming a part of the EU and the upward rising levels of foreign investment received in Turkey from GCC nations and Arab investors is quite apparent, interest and curiosity is piqued, and not just in Europe.

Overseas money has been and is being tossed into Turkey for infrastructure and commercial projects.

Not to forget that all this investment leads only to further investment, meaning that Turkey is quickly becoming "one of the most strategically interesting nations from an investment (and not just property) perspective," according to an analyst from Shelter Offshore.

But the property market will not be left behind. In fact, experts are predicting a lasting impact on this market.

Although Turkey has obvious been a vacation hot spot for decades, bringing close to 25 million tourists in to the pristine beaches on the coast every single year, we are just beginning to see a demand for investment property.

Turkey's image has thankfully blossomed due to more media exposure, and the property boom is something that cannot go unnoticed by the keen investor.

Turkish property still offers "enormous potential for returns on investment. Last year alone, property prices rose by around 50% with more people looking to purchase homes in Turkey. This extra demand is set to push prices up dramatically," writes Property Showrooms.

They go on to say that "Turkey can hardly be rivaled in any other investment location with similar assets."

HOLA447

Is Kusadasi set to make a comeback? Thomas Cook certainly seems to think so as its new “SuperZone” self-contained holiday complex has been established here; the Paloma Club Sultan. One of Turkey’s longest established resorts, Kusadasi has had a facelift and now boasts a snazzy new port complex complete with stylish boutiques and romantic restaurants with fabulous views of the famous Aegean sunset. Its proximity to the spectacular ruins of Ephesus, where the Pope said mass on his recent visit to Turkey, is another definite plus and there is plenty here for all the family, including some great beaches and lively nightlife. Excalibur, Metak Holidays among others can also get you there.

What with the flurry of development in and around the areas of Bodrum, Dalaman and Antalya in recent years, the North Aegean hasn’t had much of a look-in. However, direct BA scheduled flights to Izmir and thomas cook and now Goldtrail flying things could be achanging.

HOLA448

Turkey: English People’s Second Choice for Residence

According to the research done by The Guardian, the first country that the English people prefer to settle in is Portugal. There are currently 38,000 English residents in Portugal. The second country they prefer is Turkey and 34,000 English people live in the Mediterranean-Aegean coast of Turkey. Greece is sixth on the list with 18,000 English residents.

According to Guardian, the English trend to buy a second house in Turkey has accelerated the EU admission process of Turkey. There is a real estate office owned by an English in almost every town in Turkey that English people live in. The legal adjustments that the Turkish government made recently has also contributed to the real estate sale. It takes almost six weeks to get a residence permission from the Turkish government and the fee is approximately 1000 pounds. In Didim where more than 10,000 houses were sold to English people, despite some reactions, even the bills sent are in English.

The paper also gave information about the distribution of English population in the world:

Portugal: 38,000 -Turkey: 34.000 -Kenya: 29,000 -Barbados: 27,000-Jamaica: 25,000 -Greece: 18,000 -Nigeria: 16,000 *Brazil: 11,000 -Argentina: 8,300 -Azerbaijan: 2,400

Morocco: 2,400 -Ukraine: 900 -Croatia: 890 -Antartica: 225 -Tonga: 190 -Cuba: 160 -Butan: 100 -Belarus: 100

I REST MY CASE

HOLA449
Turkey: English People’s Second Choice for Residence

According to the research done by The Guardian, the first country that the English people prefer to settle in is Portugal. There are currently 38,000 English residents in Portugal. The second country they prefer is Turkey and 34,000 English people live in the Mediterranean-Aegean coast of Turkey. Greece is sixth on the list with 18,000 English residents.

According to Guardian, the English trend to buy a second house in Turkey has accelerated the EU admission process of Turkey. There is a real estate office owned by an English in almost every town in Turkey that English people live in. The legal adjustments that the Turkish government made recently has also contributed to the real estate sale. It takes almost six weeks to get a residence permission from the Turkish government and the fee is approximately 1000 pounds. In Didim where more than 10,000 houses were sold to English people, despite some reactions, even the bills sent are in English.

Blah, Blah, blah.

Propertyhelpturkey, did you have a nervous breakdown after Abibrown's message? You wrote about 7 answers to some remarks which made perfect sense.

Turkey has conned enough people into thinking they are the second coming of Spain. Be happy that they managed to take enough money from inocent Brits.

There are thousands and thousand of apartments in Turkey which nobody wants. Why would anyone purchase in Turkey? if they want Muslim country, MOrocco is much closer. If they want Sun, Spain and Italy are much closer.

Get a life.

Edited by catara

HOLA4410
Blah, Blah, blah.

Propertyhelpturkey, did you have a nervous breakdown after Abibrown's message? You wrote about 7 answers to some remarks which made perfect sense.

Turkey has conned enough people into thinking they are the second coming of Spain. Be happy that they managed to take enough money from inocent Brits.

There are thousands and thousand of apartments in Turkey which nobody wants. Why would anyone purchase in Turkey? if they want Muslim country, MOrocco is much closer. If they want Sun, Spain and Italy are much closer.

Get a life.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
Just remember i and the people who wrote the above pieces might just be right and YOU WRONG,

Time will tell

But only you have written anything above that is positive about Turkey!!!! So that makes no sense at all.

I dont think a website called Housepricecrash is the best place for you to come and start promoting property in Turkey.

I fully appreciate that you have bought property in Turkey and you are bricking it so much that you have to come on here and cut and paste huge chunks of promotional literature to try and coax people who may not be aware of the truth. This "ramping" is simply unfair. Just because you have lost a lot of money why do you feel it neccessary to encourage others to throw good money away.

If Turkey was doing as well as you state then why are you coming on here and other forums trying to push it so much.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
Well a wasta of time me continuing this argument ,your as fixed in your view as i am in mine.

Just remember i and the people who wrote the above pieces might just be right and YOU WRONG,

Time will tell

Everybody knows that Turkey is before yesterday news.

Antalya has 100K apartments that nobody wants.

Altinkum is dump hole and Kusadasi is a distater waiting to happen at first earthquake.

HOLA4416
Ive bought it to retire to and its doubles in value in 3 years.

:lol::lol::lol:

You mean it will be worth £10 in 3 years time.

You see what makes you so stupid is that you do not disguise yourself well enough. Let me explain.......

If you had genuinely bought a house in Turkey and you wanted to come on here and discuss your investment or talk with other people who may be looking to invest in Turkey then your post would have been very much like this.

Hi guys I have bought a house in turkey blah blah blah

If you were blatantly ramping either your property company or a website you would write a post that read like a prpperty brochure like your posts do.........

So my point is why dont you start again and tell us where you have bought, how much for and when. Rather than just cutting and pasting EA BS all over the forum.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
I know Adi and Cattarh dont like reading this.

But heres a genuine link for people who may be interested in buying in turkey.

I suggest adi and Cat dont even bother opening the link ,your not wanted or your comments thankyou.

http://www.turkisheconomy.org.uk/buyingpro...y/abstract.html

I do not deny that Britons have bought in Turkey like that was no tommorow.

As I also got into that hype, I did a thorough research and went 3 times holidaying in Turkey in the last 3 years. Conclusions:

- Altinkum is a dumphole and Bodrum is not far from being that.

- Fetiye is quite nice but good places are extremely expensive and bad places are Altinkum-type.

- Antalya-Alania is nice, but there are 30000 apartments for sale which can be rented for £90/week

- Kusadasi is almost OK but it gets quite cold from October to April

So why would anybody well informed still purchase in Turkey?

HOLA4419

Catara

At last a more balanced argument from you.

I agree Altinkum/didim has way to many unsold properties.

I looked at it and thought its was to much controlled by Brit buyers.

We brought in the Kusadasi region but not in the centrum.

I am not a emlak i just noticed the thread and thought i had to reply.

All i can say is i have had great success with my purchase.

If people research weel turkey can offer cheap living and cheap housing as you well know.

HOLA4420
Catara

At last a more balanced argument from you.

I agree Altinkum/didim has way to many unsold properties.

I looked at it and thought its was to much controlled by Brit buyers.

We brought in the Kusadasi region but not in the centrum.

I am not a emlak i just noticed the thread and thought i had to reply.

All i can say is i have had great success with my purchase.

If people research weel turkey can offer cheap living and cheap housing as you well know.

OK, so it seems we are actually saying the same thing...

I agree that Turkey offers cheap living and cheap housing. The only point is that it is not a good investment in 2007 as the prices have run up 5-fold in the last 5 -years.

If they manage to develop a higher scale tourism then things can change. Otherwise people with money will go to Dubai, Spain, parts of Morocco, parts of Egypt and

Caraibeans.

HOLA4421

Well a big marina is planned for Altinkum,make or break i think.

There is a lot of cheap flights being offered to the new Izmir airportby BA etc .

Cheap flights change everything.

there are still villas around for 30k if you know where to look.

Still bargains to be had.

One thing to remember they can ask what they want for a property,getting it is another matter.

especially in the land of the Haggle.

It will eaither stay as it is with slow numbers buying or it will boom.

Prices still lead me to believe it will boom with villas at up to 50K.

Not everyone can afford Spain ,i cant .

Edited by propertyhelpturkey

HOLA4422
Well a big marina is planned for Altinkum,make or break i think.

There is a lot of cheap flights being offered to the new Izmir airportby BA etc .

Cheap flights change everything.

there are still villas around for 30k if you know where to look.

Still bargains to be had.

One thing to remember they can ask what they want for a property,getting it is another matter.

especially in the land of the Haggle.

It will eaither stay as it is with slow numbers buying or it will boom.

Prices still lead me to believe it will boom with villas at up to 50K.

Not everyone can afford Spain ,i cant .

Again I perfectly agree with you. If 20-30K is the maximum to afford and one really wants to live in a country warmer and sunier than UK, then Turkey is probably the best choice in and around Europe. Morocco is already more than 20-30K and non-crappy apartments in Egypt are also more than 20-30K.

But again, this is not investment but a very cheap way to stay in sunnier areas.

HOLA4423
Again I perfectly agree with you. If 20-30K is the maximum to afford and one really wants to live in a country warmer and sunier than UK, then Turkey is probably the best choice in and around Europe. Morocco is already more than 20-30K and non-crappy apartments in Egypt are also more than 20-30K.

But again, this is not investment but a very cheap way to stay in sunnier areas.

As usual people seem to think that the only properties that exist in countries like Turkey, Morocco etc are holiday homes - I purchased in Turkey last year - it wasnt in Bodrum nor Fetiye nor Antalya etc - in fact it was in a little known place called ISTANBUL! :P

I expect to do very well with my investment and will not relying on fickle offplan flippers or european holidaymakers to sell my property as there is massive demand from the local population

HOLA4424

FOUND THIS ON A FORUM TODAY FOR ANYONE INTERESTED

One of the leading estate agencies in the world, UK-based Parador Properties will cooperate strategically in Turkey with the American Realty World.

The details of the big partnership will be announced at a press meeting to be held at İstanbul Swiss Hotel on the 6th of March.

In an announcement made by the PR departments of the companies, it says, “This cooperation will turn over a new leaf in the sector in Turkey, which has become the favourite of estate sector in the world.

“Through the cooperation of Parador Properties and Realty World, Turkey will enter a new period in property.”

HOLA4425

I nearly bought a property in Bodrum a couple of years ago. I pulled out because of the massive amount of new development. A year later, many of the properties I had viewed were still up for sale, some reduced in price.

Turkey has had its boom. It's over.

Edited by Casual Observer