House Price Crash Forum

Will The Government F*** Btl Off Already!?

George

HOLA441

Seems every other another sign pops up for "To let" grrrr. these apartments etc. should be for first time buyers. From a macro economic point of england has become a nation where the baby boomers are subsidising their pensions against future generations that are the real future, doesnt the uk government monitor socioeconomic problems?

the only redeeming thing i can take from it is there are lots appearing "To let this To let that" so the market could effectively become commoditised, due to oversupply and no differentiation.

serioulsy though i hate these btl basterds government do nothing!!! omg rant over! :rolleyes:

Edited by George

HOLA442

Seems every other another sign pops up for "To let" grrrr. these apartments etc. should be for first time buyers. From a macro economic point of england has become a nation where the baby boomers are subsidising their pensions against future generations that are the real future, doesnt the uk government monitor socioeconomic problems? Err, apparently not. Maybe you should bring them to their attention somehow.

the only redeeming thing i can take from it is there are lots appearing "To let this To let that" so the market could effectively become commoditised, due to oversupply and no differentiation. But if FTBs are priced out, sooner or later you have to leave home and these places will get rented.

serioulsy though i hate these btl basterds government do nothing!!! omg rant over! :rolleyes:

HOLA443

. From a macro economic point of england has become a nation where the baby boomers are subsidising their pensions against future generations that are the real future, doesnt the uk government monitor socioeconomic problems?

:

george, I can understand your frustration at having to compete with BTLers - this is a new phenomenon that will support higher prices than we've been used to in the past.

But you can't blame any paticular generation! There are thousands of BTLers under 35. In fact all of the BTLers I personally know are in that age bracket. The tell me it's their pension, and they don't bother joining pension schemes, which I think is crazy!

HOLA444

Seems every other another sign pops up for "To let" grrrr. these apartments etc. should be for first time buyers. From a macro economic point of england has become a nation where the baby boomers are subsidising their pensions against future generations that are the real future, doesnt the uk government monitor socioeconomic problems?

the only redeeming thing i can take from it is there are lots appearing "To let this To let that" so the market could effectively become commoditised, due to oversupply and no differentiation.

George do not worry, you will have the last laugh very soon. Get yourself ready to pick up a bargain.

HOLA445

"To let this to let that"

Buy today

To

Lose tomorrow.

No Yeild...No Growth...No way