House Price Crash Forum

Hi Guys Iam New To These Boards

HOLA441

Hi guys iam new to these boards

Ive been reading some of your posts and iam in the same situation as most iam looking for a price drop in the housing market, ie hoping there will be a crash.

I am just a small fish in the ocean i ve made sure i dont spend on goods, i sold my car and now i cycle trying to save as much as i can, plus i dont owe anything to banks which is important because iam seriously waiting a hike in interest rates and i hope a housing market crashs, :ph34r: which i think would happen soon because of all the borrowing and high level of lending to the average joe etc.. just keeping my fingers crossed.

Ive look at properties and found that most are a shit whole for the price, i have also noticed an increase in homes on the market but this could be due to the time of year we re in.

HOLA442
Guest mattsta1964

Hi guys iam new to these boards

Ive been reading some of your posts and iam in the same situation as most iam looking for a price drop in the housing market, ie hoping there will be a crash.

I am just a small fish in the ocean i ve made sure i dont spend on goods, i sold my car and now i cycle trying to save as much as i can, plus i dont owe anything to banks which is important because iam seriously waiting a hike in interest rates and i hope a housing market crashs, :ph34r: which i think would happen soon because of all the borrowing and high level of lending to the average joe etc.. just keeping my fingers crossed.

Ive look at properties and found that most are a shit whole for the price, i have also noticed an increase in homes on the market but this could be due to the time of year we re in.

Welcome to one of the more enlightened forums on the internet!

Sounds like you have got your head screwed on. Wish I could do without my car. I'd happily cycle to work. Surrey to Peterborough is a bit of a tall order unfortunately!

Keep on saving. Long cool drink in one hand, big fat cigar in the other, sit back and enjoy the show! :D

HOLA443
Guest Alright Jack

Welcome to one of the more enlightened forums on the internet!

Sounds like you have got your head screwed on. Wish I could do without my car. I'd happily cycle to work. Surrey to Peterborough is a bit of a tall order unfortunately!

Keep on saving. Long cool drink in one hand, big fat cigar in the other, sit back and enjoy the show! :D

These guys have it all wrapped up... or so they think.

I agree that savings are the way to go but be sure to understand the investments you making.

HOLA444
Guest mattsta1964

These guys have it all wrapped up... or so they think.

I agree that savings are the way to go but be sure to understand the investments you making.

Yes. Cash savings might not be worth the paper if things go totally tits up.

What is a safe investment though? I wouldn't hoard gold. Too risky

If I do buy gold, it'll be under my floorboards or buried somewhere, not some internet share scam

HOLA445
Guest Alright Jack

Yes. Cash savings might not be worth the paper if things go totally tits up.

What is a safe investment though? I wouldn't hoard gold. Too risky

If I do buy gold, it'll be under my floorboards or buried somewhere, not some internet share scam

It's a tough one isn't it?

It's very risky keeping precious metals in the home which means you have to trust an ETF or something like James Turk's goldmoney.com, which are essentially just promises to pay. At least they are promises to pay something unlike our currency which are 'iou nothing's.

I understand the summer drought has knackered the cereal crops this year. I am considering buying a years worth of wheat and barley and stashing it away!

All we know for certain is that cash will continue to depreciate ever more rapidly in the coming years so some risks are worth taking.

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
Guest mattsta1964

inheritance

I trust got his slice! :angry:

I meant

I trust got GORDON his slice! :angry:

I meant

JAYSUS! I haven't had a beer yet!

I trust GORDON got his slice

I meant

JAYSUS! I haven't had a beer yet!

I trust GORDON got his slice

KINELL

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
Guest mattsta1964

lol is it the heat? :rolleyes:

butterfingers or brains faggots.

Whatever! Yer right. It's bloody hot

It's a tough one isn't it?

It's very risky keeping precious metals in the home which means you have to trust an ETF or something like James Turk's goldmoney.com, which are essentially just promises to pay. At least they are promises to pay something unlike our currency which are 'iou nothing's.

I understand the summer drought has knackered the cereal crops this year. I am considering buying a years worth of wheat and barley and stashing it away!

All we know for certain is that cash will continue to depreciate ever more rapidly in the coming years so some risks are worth taking.

My next big question has gotta be, if society collapses, law and order breaks down, the police are shooting looters in the street etc etc, what use is a bag of gold and silver gonna be? Have you asked yourself this question? How are you gonna keep the heathen hoards away from your stash? How are you going to eat when the shelves at Teso have all been looted? Hmmmm

Just curious

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Welcome.

The best way to learn is to think. So a few thoughts are below:

This site is full of bears so don't expect a balanced argument on house prices.

Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it (check out previous housing booms).

People are basically stupid and sheep like. (to make money but low, sell high yet we do the opposite think housing, stock markets, gold or just about anything as we follow what others do) - e.g. people bought a lot of houses lst year as they saw prices rising, lots of others put of buying when prices were falling in the 1990's.

If you buy a house to live in not make money/as a pension fund, keep debts low and ensure you have a well paid stable job you'll always be ok.

Finally..... "Life is what happens between the plans we make" so planning is good but enjoy your life and don't worry too much about house prices. Make your self safe and just enjoy yourself.

HOLA4415

Welcome.

The best way to learn is to think. So a few thoughts are below:

This site is full of bears so don't expect a balanced argument on house prices.

Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it (check out previous housing booms).

People are basically stupid and sheep like. (to make money but low, sell high yet we do the opposite think housing, stock markets, gold or just about anything as we follow what others do) - e.g. people bought a lot of houses lst year as they saw prices rising, lots of others put of buying when prices were falling in the 1990's.

If you buy a house to live in not make money/as a pension fund, keep debts low and ensure you have a well paid stable job you'll always be ok.

Finally..... "Life is what happens between the plans we make" so planning is good but enjoy your life and don't worry too much about house prices. Make your self safe and just enjoy yourself.

i do enjoy life, i just make sure others dont make money from me or try too. my moto is if you have the money in the bank (a positive account) save it or spend it wisely if you dont, dont borrow to spend or you want something save for it, it always saves you money in the long run. max benefit min cost.

The funny thing is i work less than others but have more i never buy using hp,if i want something put money aside or even go with out.