House Price Crash Forum

Just Thought I Wld Share This

GAL BEAR

HOLA441

This is how much a hate Estate Agents.......

I am a vegetarian but i would rather sit down to a steak dinner with an abatoir owner than share a meal with an Estate Agent!!!!!

Just thought i would share that with you all.

(Sorry if i spelt abatoir 'wrong' (place where they kill animals)

Yours truly

GAL BEAR

HOLA442

I am a vegetarian but i would rather sit down to a steak dinner with an abatoir owner than share a meal with an Estate Agent!!!!!

Yours truly

GAL BEAR

A much maligned breed Estate Agents. Personally I like them. They work their nuts off with an insane business model and take a huge risk every time they take a house on to their books. I too abhor flesh, but I'd rather break bread with an Estate Agent every time. Its vendors that push the prices up - not agents. Don't you think an agent would rather have an easy sell at 150k than a really hard one at 180k? And, of course, what often happens when they have to accommodate the vendor's greed is that they don't find a buyer, vendor thinks they haven't done their job properly, they've done a grand in cold blood on adverts and marketing, and vendor gives property to rival to sell for 25k less - rival sells in 5 minutes. I would imagine that swallowing such a loss would give an Agent intense indigestion so he would need to be careful what he eats.

HOLA443
HOLA444
A much maligned breed Estate Agents. Personally I like them. They work their nuts off with an insane business model and take a huge risk every time they take a house on to their books. I too abhor flesh, but I'd rather break bread with an Estate Agent every time. Its vendors that push the prices up - not agents. Don't you think an agent would rather have an easy sell at 150k than a really hard one at 180k? And, of course, what often happens when they have to accommodate the vendor's greed is that they don't find a buyer, vendor thinks they haven't done their job properly, they've done a grand in cold blood on adverts and marketing, and vendor gives property to rival to sell for 25k less - rival sells in 5 minutes. I would imagine that swallowing such a loss would give an Agent intense indigestion so he would need to be careful what he eats.

Boo f***ing Hoo, my heart bleeds for all you poor EA's out there who will spending Christmas down the job centre, one question there old boy, where do you think ventors got the idea that 3-bed council hole was worth 200k, yep got it in one the EA's said it was.

For all you EA's out there reading this site, here's a form you probably haven't seen for a while. Champers anyone?

p45_26.gif

HOLA445

Too bloody right Dicky! :D:D:D The scumbags losing their jobs brings a tear to my glass eye.... :D

Having said that, I do understand this argument that it's the vendor that chases the market up and the agent thinks they won't get the business if they don't keep pushing the prices up.

But wherever I've lived there's always been one agent operating at even more ridiculous level than all the others.

You know the one: five identical properties on the same development could be marketed by five different agents and there's always one particular agent that will try and get more than the rest. Every time.

I think the older, wiser agents who have seen it all before will probably be ok.

And if anyone's local to me they will be aware that my local comedians are F.L. I hope they get fried. Especially the snooty cow that I spoke to in there last year....

PS, there must be plenty of agents lurking around here. There's often more than a hundred visitors online during the day and they can't have much else to do with their time. And Krusty - I bet she lurks round here too.

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

Yours truly

GAL BEAR

Hi GB. Any particular reason for expressing your disdain today? & any more news from your friend in Romford who couldnt sell? is she still waiting for the spring bounce?

HOLA449
Boo f***ing Hoo, my heart bleeds for all you poor EA's out there who will spending Christmas down the job centre, one question there old boy, where do you think ventors got the idea that 3-bed council hole was worth 200k, yep got it in one the EA's said it was.

p45_26.gif

For the record, I am not an Estate Agent - although I have to admit to a sneaking desire to be one, on and off, over the years. Not for the money, the whole property shebang sort of fascinates me.

Anyway, let's pretend we have a decent and honest agent. He walks in and says '150k'. Next agent, bit more of a risk taker says '175k'. Who is going to get the instruction? 9 times out of 10 - the 175k guy. I'll stick with my belief that its people that are greedy - the agent doesn't give a monkeys if he sells it for 175 or 150 - he is still in for enough commission to make it worth his while. You can blame estate agents if you want - but we are all to blame really.

HOLA4410

You are kind of right Martello; it is really vendor's fault for going with the highest number they are quoted, instead of the most realistic price.

I have to admit to a sneaking desire to be one, on and off, over the years. Not for the money, the whole property shebang sort of fascinates me.

You do realise an estate agent is somewhere below a used-car salesman and a politician in most people's estimation?

I take your point that high prices are the vendor's fault.

HOLA4411

I live near ya Bubb, and can speak with some authority.

the scum from 'Arsehole & Ringpiece' (Anscombe and Ringland) on Notting Hill Gate used to descend en masse to the Mall pub on Thurs nite and Fri nite, and clog up the bar, braying loudly like the bunch of ea twats they were, buying champagne etc.

2 months ago, they started only doing Thurs. OR Fri.

For the last month, havent seen ANY of them.

The A&R shop, btw, seems to be being 'renovated' (or please God, please,!) they may even have gone bust...

Bring on that crash, if for no other reason than to eliminate some proportion of these braying braindead parasites in their cheap suits!

HOLA4412

That's right, let's place them below used car salesmen, they are unscrupulous (most fo them), they help inflate peoples idea of the worth of thier house or deflate if they know someone who'll buy it and bung them a few bob.

(before i get a legal bit below this reply, for libeal or something, I know Ea's that do it all the time)

I think a worse species is the Morgage Broker that allows a 20 yr old on £15Kpa to get a self certificated loan for 9x his wage, they should be round up and shot, in fact I'm a carinvor and I'd sit down in a abitor (place they kill animals) and eat a a medium rare unscrupulous morgage broker and half a ton of brussel sprouts!

Hey, that does feel better TW, I'm off to Nut my neighbour and stamp on his dog for barking all night and then I'm off to the pub for more therapy!

HOLA4413