House Price Crash Forum

Negative Equity

HOLA441

I predicted long ago that our first negative equity headline would be late October early November, looks like weve missed that but it can't be far off.

There must be numerous people already in Negative Equity when this does hit the papers I think it will really push things over the edge.

Anyone care to make a guess when.

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

Sometime between Late Jan and mid April. It will be a combination of:

1. Credit Card Bills

2. Increased Council Tax Bands

3. Increased Taxes (Whether Brown announces them now in Nov or next April.)

4. House Price falls

5. Interest Rate Rises (The Yanks are now on an upward IR curve and there is no way that the UK will be able to avoid following.)

6. Wage Deflation (My industry - IT - is seeing enormous wage deflation at present.)

All of these will come together to create the Perfect Storm.

HOLA445

I thought we'd see the first NE headlines before the year was out (see here). Still think this is possible, but maybe not likely. It's just a question of time. Timing is everything...could The Sun run NE and other negative headlines in the pre-election build up as a smear campaign against Blair & NuLab?

HOLA446
I thought we'd see the first NE headlines before the year was out (see here). Still think this is possible, but maybe not likely. It's just a question of time. Timing is everything...could The Sun run NE and other negative headlines in the pre-election build up as a smear campaign against Blair & NuLab?

Unlikely that the sun will try to smear Bliar and his cronies. After all they have had an open goal with the Iraq war and failed to put the boot in, continuing as a propaganda machine for the whole sorry saga.

The Sun likes to be on the winning side and unfortunately this looks like new labour again, so don't expect any serious government kicking this side of the election.