House Price Crash Forum

This Is The Problem With This Country

HOLA441

These are the kids of the baby boomers who are now indulging themselves at the expense of every other generation. These are the banks that have managed to suck greater and greater profits for doing little to nothing (witness the rise of bank charges for various infractions managed by a computer)

Actually most of the underclass have no need for banks, they may be a conduit for benefits but that's about it, the state is the mother of all banks as far as they're concerned, money comes out and never needs to be paid in. If you're living in housing provided at cost and have no interest in buying on mortgage then the banks aren't really interested, the basic bank accounts are run at a loss, they're operated simply to keep the government off their backs.

The state can be more unscruplous and pernicious than any bank.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

This paper should interest you, "The Nationalisation Of Childhood is no longer a Marxist dream..." it's a Brownite reality.

Jeeezus...........

I'd never really payed any attention to the "Every Child Matters" stuff, not being a parent myself. I just get more and more scared every day when I see this sort of sh*t. The trouble is, regardless of what happens politically over the next few years, how do you reverse this once its been done?

HOLA443

Watching half my pay dissappear to fund such people is pretty fundamental! In essense you're competing against your own confiscated money when it comes to the housing market.

IR35 and 50% tax made us leave, it was the government and the companies I worked for that gained most whislt I was working under IR35

HOLA444

IR35 and 50% tax made us leave, it was the government and the companies I worked for that gained most whislt I was working under IR35

IR35 merely levels the playing field & stops contractors paying far less tax than anyone else... the real issue is that National Insurance exists at all... it's just bloody income tax & it's time for the government to be honest about it... 22% 'income' tax, 11% 'national insurance', 12.3% 'employers national insurance' adds up to a hell of a tax bill

HOLA445

IR35 merely levels the playing field & stops contractors paying far less tax than anyone else... the real issue is that National Insurance exists at all... it's just bloody income tax & it's time for the government to be honest about it... 22% 'income' tax, 11% 'national insurance', 12.3% 'employers national insurance' adds up to a hell of a tax bill

I never had the chance not to pay any less tax! the government got thier share, the companies I worked for got theirs too and I was treated like a piece of dogshite with no benefits, holiday or training and getting paid about the same as a full time employee would have got paid.

you add up 4 weeks hols, 2 weeks state hols, paid training, pension, vision tests etc etc.

The final loss wasn't mine it was UK PLC

HOLA446

Correct. Particularly when they predict that if I spend the next 20 years working in this country, for my 11% national insurance I will get the grand sum of 47 quid a week. Now let me get this straight. Compound interest on about 2850 a year over 20 years amounts to 2450 a year. Based on a standard base rate of 4.5% that comes out to a payout of about 2.6%. Its just like the pensions. Don't bother to pay in what you say you are paying in, or take some out to pay for something else when the books don't add up (or pay to bombing Iraq instead) and then claim that you can't afford a decent payout.

HOLA447

Correct. Particularly when they predict that if I spend the next 20 years working in this country, for my 11% national insurance I will get the grand sum of 47 quid a week. Now let me get this straight. Compound interest on about 2850 a year over 20 years amounts to 2450 a year. Based on a standard base rate of 4.5% that comes out to a payout of about 2.6%. Its just like the pensions.

In real terms it's not even that! Pensions are equally screwed, long dated gilts are paying 0.5% above (rigged) inflation numbers, at least such investments have a pot to invest, others are due for a rude awakening when they discover that their unfunded pensions are backed by nothing other than a worthless promissory note that can't pay out. It's quite amusing to see the lemmings debate whether their nonexistent largess should come at the age of 60 or 62, they should consider the fact it might never arrive at all. :lol:

Edited by BuyingBear

HOLA448

I think everyone who works and pays tax should see this as a huge issue, but most people don't realise just how serious it is.

I know this is pure anecdote, but I can give you the example of one side of my family.

My aunt and uncle don't work. They are both on disability benefit, or whatever it's called now.

They both make a living smuggling tobacco in from France.

My aunt has 2 daughters. Neither of them have ever worked, or indeed ever will. They both claim benefit, as they suffer from depression. One of them has a council flat which she rents out. One is involved in the tobacco smuggling, the other sells pirate DVDs.

I know where my (higher rate) tax goes, toward their benefits. My uncle is much better off financially than I am, he doesn't need to pay rent and puts all of his earnings into savings (and a couple of trips per year to the Dominican Republic). He'll buy a house, with no mortgage, in a few years.

Like the Murphys I'm not bitter, but if this is Blair's vision of Britain, I'm looking for a route out. I know this may seem like an extreme example, but there are many of these which we just never see.

By the way, I have the greatest sympathy for anyone who cannot work due to physical infirmity, and anyone suffering from the horror of depression. But chancers like this just demean their genuine issues.

Edited by House Or Home

HOLA449

In real terms it's not even that! Pensions are equally screwed, long dated gilts are paying 0.5% above (rigged) inflation numbers, at least such investments have a pot to invest, others are due for a rude awakening when they discover that their unfunded pensions are backed by nothing other than a worthless promissory note that can't pay out. It's quite amusing to see the lemmings debate whether their nonexistent largess should come at the age of 60 or 62, they should consider the fact it might never arrive at all. :lol:

'National Insurance' payments are not ringfenced for beneficial social policies (even though they cost us far more than 'income tax'), they just go into the general tax 'pot', so the money you think is going to pay for your future when you can no longer earn is really paying for your 'leader's' ego in current world affairs... woohoo, ain't it so nice to beggar your future for some individual to blow away.... it's not so much what he's doing that annoys me, it that it's only ONE person who decides, and then amasses an army of stupidly paid consultants to prove the point.... AArgh... rant over

HOLA4410

Funny that. You've always come across as one of the most small-minded, bitter, nasty, bigoted and selfish people posting on here.

Thats great - a real debater in our midst!!

Did you learn your debating skills from Oxford or Cambridge.

Im sorry I have opinions which differ from yours. (but do not seem to differ from 95% of rational people on this site!)

If you want to post your background, then we can have a real discussion on the merits of a single family raising 15 children.

I personally have never received anything from the Government in terms of handouts. i strive in my life to go forward and walk on my own 2 feet. never have I been out of work, never have I been in court, my only injustice upon this world is a speeding fine.

I dont believe we can continually fund this extragagence where able bodied people stay at home all day and are basically 'cared' for. Yes i do have a greater vision where if man kind want to push on, then we do only take the stronger able bodied people who want to give to the greater being of mankind. Obviously we have laws to make sure no-one steps out of line.

Smell the fear, please tell me why we should give these people one penny???

What am I gaining from it by giving my tax money to the government to fund benefits and what incentives is it creating for the working class?

I disagree - what's your evidence? and anyway I didn't say anything about waiting till thet're a few years into school. If you are going to quote me please be accurate

Try reading Freud, Piaget and into some developmental psychology

Freud's psychodynamic approach argued that a child's early experiences will shape its personality in later life

Too late by the time they reach 3-6 to change a childs personality

HOLA4411

Please tell me ths is a joke.

In the office where I work, none of the cleaners speak English. I've tried to be friendly to them (I often work late) but they just ignore the staff working late.

We have a gang of 'cleaners' to do a job a couple of professional cleaners could do. Work harder? I'm not sure

Just wondering ...... if the Military were called in to "eliminate" all the people on the Dole ...... would the country be worse off or better off ???

I was officially on the dole for 2 months, before I found another suitable job after being made redundant.

During that time, I went to the Job Centre as required. I received no benefits.

I met 3 job centre staff, 2 were rude and uninterested in the sort of job I should realistically be looking for. The 3rd was superb, and helped me all she could.

I don't think everyone on the dole deserves a hard time, but how do you (or the 2 rude people I met) pick out the people who really just want to make a decent living

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Bear in mind that I'm merely a messenger. As the thread's entitled 'This Is The Problem With This Country', I thought it worth highlighting, that perhaps, many of the nation's ills are to do with our greedy employers justifying their insatiable appetite for profits by slagging off the indigenous population.

No skills problem when you off shore your work and so does your competition, bugger your customers, get what you can whilst you can.

I'd like to see off shoring made illegal and british passport holders get first refusal for the jobs else the MD goes to jail. :)