House Price Crash Forum

45%~ drop in the number of properties for sale on Rightmove in my area

Kyouken

HOLA441
3 hours ago, staintunerider said:

In 1989 the market turned from boom to decline....this continued through the next few years, decline, decline decline.

I was too young to really know what was going on then and just was aware things were bad for some reason.

Where we are in the scheme of things in comparison is what I wonder.  If feels like this is taking a lot longer than back then, but then I don't have a good sense of back then to properly get a good feel.

Anyway back to the numbers for the week. They kept dropping this week no ups and downs during just down everyday down to 1406. Only up on the Friday. Numbers are for today. Could have been worse I guess. It isn't looking good for my hope of 1500 by the end of the year.

1412 available 2765 inc sstc.

7 day 160, 166

14 day 310, 331

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442
14 hours ago, Kyouken said:

I was too young to really know what was going on then and just was aware things were bad for some reason.

Where we are in the scheme of things in comparison is what I wonder.  If feels like this is taking a lot longer than back then, but then I don't have a good sense of back then to properly get a good feel.

Anyway back to the numbers for the week. They kept dropping this week no ups and downs during just down everyday down to 1406. Only up on the Friday. Numbers are for today. Could have been worse I guess. It isn't looking good for my hope of 1500 by the end of the year.

1412 available 2765 inc sstc.

7 day 160, 166

14 day 310, 331

Like with most investments you make your money early on by buying correctly before the price soars....

Real Estate in the Uk has been such a rigged game the last 20 years, rigged doesn;t really cover it....it's been madness way worse than the late 80's...

So lots of folk think its still a winner because they have never seen it correct.....most folk in real estate made their money by buying at good buying points along the way....late 90's...early noughties...08-12......some look like they have after that but they will  be run over like someone tied to the railway track when it corrects and rolls back.

I've said if it doesn't happen inside the next 2- 3years...well 1) I'll be surprised 2) Why rush ? Because you have a clear window to see how this plays out....don;t think i've ever seen so much bear food and a clear window that says if x doesn;t happen well for some inexplicable reason if all the forces against real estate in the Uk don;t make it happen now ...how could it possibly ?

Because buying into this ponzi at near peak will be the worst thing someone can do...it's better to wait...because if someone makes this mistake and leverages to the max.....they will be screwed.....as i saw in the 90's you just can't get out of it....prices dropping ...credit getting harder and expensive.....once in negative equity(very easy if you buy near peak) then you really are *******!

And all for what ? If you have a mortgage and big loan to equity ratio....you are only kidding yourself if you think you're a homeowner anyway....there's already tales of folk trapped with the tower blocks and cladding....then the new build leaseholds with a mortgage and HTB....just a mountain of debt and service charges to boot....to falsely claim the title of homeowner ?

Bonkers! Stay Away folk, she's going DOWN!

A lot of folk with regard to Uk property are like Ismay in this scene at 0.50 "this ship can't sink"

"She's made of iron Sir I assure you she can" "and She will, it's a mathematical certainty" Andrews

And that's what I think we are faced with now in real estate in the UK, it's a mathematical certainty!

Edited by staintunerider

HOLA443

Down again. Okay it's winter but I had been hoping that distress would be pushing it higher. Hopefully it is people taking them off for winter and there will be a nice new year increase as they all pile back in. I have a feeling that is wishful thinking. For weeks now the number of reductions has decreased a lot.

1399 available 2760 inc sstc.

7 day 172, 173

14 day 302, 324

HOLA444
10 hours ago, Kyouken said:

Down again. Okay it's winter but I had been hoping that distress would be pushing it higher. Hopefully it is people taking them off for winter and there will be a nice new year increase as they all pile back in. I have a feeling that is wishful thinking. For weeks now the number of reductions has decreased a lot.

1399 available 2760 inc sstc.

7 day 172, 173

14 day 302, 324

Daniëlle Dijke on X: "Thinking of you #Yoda #quotes #waiting ...

HOLA445
HOLA446

1350 available 2741 inc sstc.

7 day 179, 248

14 day 303, 381

sizeable drop though compared to Thursday not too bad, where it dropped suddenly to 1316. 

Today there were 120 postings which is the most I have seen by a long way in a very long time. Though more than half were sold, all listed by the same agent.

HOLA447

Thank you for keeping this going. In my Bucks/Beds search very few 3 BR houses are coming onto the market now. Very few of any of the houses listed go "under offer" or "STTC".

One particular large 4BR house I saw "SSTC" which is located close to me has disappeared now off Rightmove. The Sold sign has been removed by it hasn't hit Land Registry and there has been no removal van outside plus the car parked in the drive is still the same.

Another 4 bedder is "under offer now". It was rented out long term and I know last time the LL found it hard to rent it out at the price they wanted. Be interesting to see the price if it ever sells.  This may be a price discovery for a 4 BR house in the  area.

HOLA448

Down, down, down we go.

1285 available 2650 inc sstc.

7 day 107, 109

14 day 272, 351

Quite the drop this week, I can't see the next few weeks being any better.  If it is people taking them off for winter I wonder when they will be back on next year 

HOLA449

1253 available 2528 inc sstc.

7 day 87, 88

14 day 176, 192

Not falling as fast as least? ...

I suppose the total including sstc is falling just as hard so hopefully that it is just priory taken off the market. I will have to look closer at previous winter drops.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

1123 available 2323 inc sstc.

7 day 29, 35

14 day 75, 86

Down again significantly, although on Tuesday there was a strange blip down to 1100.

Last years numbers on the 23rd of December I have pasted below. So we are still up on the number of available by more than 10% in comparison.

945 available 2223 inc sstc.

7 day 41, 43

14 day 87, 97

According to what I put last year, 156 got added on boxing day last time. I'm going to be optimistic and hope for 300 plus this boxing day although that would still only put it back to the peak.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Thank you.

Still trying to follow 'SSTC' in my area. No sign of anyone moving out. One went SSTC in September but same car in the drive and no packing boxes to see.

The 4BR house that I started following last year has no sign of a new owner. The sign disappeared.

The other 4BR still has tenants there. Sold sign outside. I am guessing that their 2 months notice runs out late January.

Nothing else is happening in the other houses SSTC and most just not getting that far.

HOLA4415
On 30/12/2023 at 19:42, Flopsy said:

Thank you.

Still trying to follow 'SSTC' in my area. No sign of anyone moving out. One went SSTC in September but same car in the drive and no packing boxes to see.

It basically is impossible to know isn't it.  I do don't get why the land registry takes so long.  They should at least have preliminary info a month after completion and just mark it as preliminary. 

Some of the places I have been keeping an eye on have suddenly sold recently.  Hopefully that isn't a sign that things are on the up again. The number of houses that have come on since new year although good isn't anything it off the ordinary. I guess the next couple of weeks will show.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Disappointing week, looks like sales are up.  I read the  premium bond rate is dropping for march. So looks like interest rate is going down. 

1278 available 2461

7 day 169, 177

14 day 272, 301

HOLA4418

No sign of any increased sales on my Bucks/Bed search. The 4 bedders in my immediate area are not going SSTC on Rightmove any longer.

However one detached 3 BR with garage went 'under offer' when the price was reduced on RM. I will be watching to see if this ever goes through.

The majority of homes being listed are still at peak prices and are not selling.

HOLA4419

I have become more slack at looking around for the last few months, but today looked at the expensive area where there are million plus places and noticed there are a lot more for sale than their used to be.  Looking at the poor area out doesn't seem to be much different.

Up this week a small but decent amount. The cold probably didn't help with new listings or sales so the next couple of weeks could be interesting.

1298 available 2464

7 day 143, 156

14 day 288, 326

HOLA4420

1305 available 2495

7 day 170, 175

14 day 296, 326

Only a small rise this week. However, there was a sudden drop to 1240 a few days ago on the available that seems to sporadically happen. So probably the number that have come on this week is the same as it has been recently. New build ads running out? I can never tell.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423

Numbers from yesterday evening.

Big drop from last week. Unfortunately doesn't seem to have been a sudden drop in one day from a clean up that seems to happen now and again. It was falling everyday of the week making me think there was a sudden uptick in sales. It got to about low 70's before Friday. Today down again to 1271. What has come on seems mostly over 400k again.

1283 available 2524

7 day 147, 150

14 day 288, 315

HOLA4424

Another significant drop. Was another 10 to 15 lower a child of days ago. Prices seem to be all over the place lots of 4 bed detached 500-600 coming on that I would say are nearly 50-100k over from just last year. Others hitting 350k.

1265 available 2508

7 day 177, 185

14 day 308, 333

HOLA4425

Better up than down I guess.

Have seen a couple of 3 bed places down to 275k suddenly in an area I keep a close eye in. 1 reduced and 1 new on. Previously none have been under 300k

1270 available 2534

7 day 178, 183

14 day 327, 354