House Price Crash Forum

White Transit Dog Knapping

spyguy

HOLA441

What amazes me is these people buying pugs and leaving them in the garden. I've got a pug and they cannot stand being left alone if they know you're about. Sloppy owners.

Incidentally can anyone recommend a breed of dog to pair with a pug. I've been looking for a rescue for some time. Something that doesn't attract gypos a big plus.

A great Dane - for the LOLZ.

HOLA442

You would have thought with all the dogs in rescue homes pining for new owners dogs would be free too. But no people must have pedigree and pay hundreds.

I may very well concede to my desire to have a cat next year, but the only paying I will be doing will be a donation to the cats' rescue home.

A friend of mine gets dogs from rescue places. Some of them have little bits of pedigree from a few generations back. Good luck with a cat Frank. They are quite nice too. amd don't do much. :rolleyes:

HOLA443

What amazes me is these people buying pugs and leaving them in the garden. I've got a pug and they cannot stand being left alone if they know you're about. Sloppy owners.

Incidentally can anyone recommend a breed of dog to pair with a pug. I've been looking for a rescue for some time. Something that doesn't attract gypos a big plus.

You won't be getting a horse then?

HOLA444
HOLA445

Just to be boring and put some figures to it, in 2013 the Telegraph were quoting 3500 dogs stolen in 2012 where they were quoting a 3rd party missing dogs register.

They acknowledged that the official police figure was far lower but cited reluctance of the police to get involved for the disparity.

More recently (2016 article) they have published several years of police data:

They indicate 1,490 taken in 2013, 1,599 in 2014 and 1,776 in 2015. In the first four months of this year, there were a reported 423 thefts.

So it sounds as though the police are starting to take a bit of an interest.

To try and contextualise the highest figure, if you knew 18600 people.. the chances are one of them would have had a dog stolen.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-36590425

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/lifestyle/pets/9797749/Dognappings-organised-gangs-behind-a-surge-of-dog-thefts-across-the-country.html

HOLA446

Jack Russell`s they call them jugs and that`s not a joke

HOLA447

Still plenty of people from all walks of life working lurchers and terriers, although strongest amongst former working class mining and industrial areas. I don't think many are kidding themselves there is a living to be made from their dogs, other than as part of a pest control business (rabbit control) - this relationship between humans and dogs has been around a long time and still flows strong, however distasteful the modern world finds it. Of course, there is now the hunting with dogs act (erroneously known as the 'fox hunting ban') - enacted by unconstitutional use of the parliament act as part of a new labour political deal with the left wing aimed to hit at 'posh tories' who like dressing up and riding horses. This badly written legislation criminalised owners of (all) dogs that engage in the perfectly natural behaviour of hunting, ironically has proven to hit working class people that the left wing claim to represent far harder than any aristocrats. The act gave the police very wide ranging stop and search powers and penalties are harsh, including destruction of dogs and vehicles, time inside and hefty fines.

Treat stories in the media about dogs with a pinch of salt - it's a really emotive subject and there is a lot of exaggeration to suit a variety of agendas. Dogs really can bring out the best and worst in people !

There`s still a lot of money in working(running) dogs especially within the traveler comunity ,you only need to visit Appleby or Stow on the wold fares to realise this then you have the Irish connection where coursing is still legal

HOLA448

Archived