Politicians Telling Porkies About Turkey Joining The Eu

BIGpantz

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

I love this "Turkey will never join because it wont meet the conditions" defense from remain.

Since when did not meeting clearly established conditions stop Greece from getting in the Eurozone?

Eurocrats are fanatical. THey have their 'vision' and thats that.

About 10 years ago i caught a bus from Sofia to Istanbul and once across the border into Turkey there was the best and most empty motorway i've ever seen all the way to Istanbul .... with signs all along it that it was bought and paid for by the EU.

They've been priming them up for years to come in .... 75 million mostly cheap workers from a religion to stir up Europeans is perfect for the EU project.

HOLA447
HOLA448

About 10 years ago i caught a bus from Sofia to Istanbul and once across the border into Turkey there was the best and most empty motorway i've ever seen all the way to Istanbul .... with signs all along it that it was bought and paid for by the EU.

They've been priming them up for years to come in .... 75 million mostly cheap workers from a religion to stir up Europeans is perfect for the EU project.

Arent most of these EU motorways toll roads? I've spoken to one or two Poles about roads in Poland. They have nice shiny new ones, but no one uses them because of tolls...they rather use the bumpy old ones than pay.

HOLA449

Sadly, on the topic of EU immigration, the tabloids have been a lot more accurate than government experts...anyone remember bliars '20, maybe 30 thousand poles might come. Wages wont be at risk'

1.5 million Poles later...

+1

In those days they used to try to imply in TV discussion that that sort of number would apply to total immigration because the viewer knew no better and Blair got away with it with the unquestioning media. They still try to mix the numbers up and mix up the expressions net migration, immigration, emigration etc etc.

Since year 1997 (start of NuLabour) there's been total immigration of getting towards 10 million (all sources) - from official ONS statistics. Some think that is well underestimated especially as the official methods of immigration estimation are so primitive.

To calculate the effect of international movements on the UK population figures one has to deduct the emigration (which will include some people returning from whence they came) which might be getting on for say around half the total immigration figure.

Indeed lots of people believing the "'20, maybe 30 thousand might come" propaganda might have thought at a stretch they might mean annually and might have thought also at a stretch a total immigration figure of say 1/2 million by 2016 - rather than getting towards 10 million (and the rest).

Edited by billybong

HOLA4410

In july when lots of Turks come into Europe, Cameron '4 year pay before you claim change' is rejected by one or two countries (only needs one), immigration hits a net 500,00 made up of under 25s from a failing EU and demands for extra billions to plug holes in the budget .... people will realise they have been lied to.

Like with Khan and his promises during the campaign ...but now after the vote, no more commitment to 50,000 properties, now a move towards 50% affordable not a promise, no freeze of travel card costs only a freeze for PAYG and one off journeys, hope for no strike days in the tube.... all of these promised and now backtracked.

+1

and what will they be able to do then = nothing.

And any bad behaviour will be sided with by the authorities if the past is anything to go by.

Edited by billybong

HOLA4411

Arent most of these EU motorways toll roads? I've spoken to one or two Poles about roads in Poland. They have nice shiny new ones, but no one uses them because of tolls...they rather use the bumpy old ones than pay.

I've no doubt it varies, the ones in Athens that no one uses are private but funded with EU money or so i was told.

The road from the border to Istanbul was not toll.

6 lanes of no traffic for the most part.

Edited by Rigged

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414