House Price Crash Forum

Domestic Abuse

SarahBell

HOLA441

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-30532087

Coercive and controlling behaviour can include the abuser preventing their victim from having friendships or hobbies, refusing them access to money and determining many aspects of their everyday life, such as when they are allowed to eat, sleep and go to the toilet.

At least they mention men can be victims too.

HOLA442
HOLA443

Coercive and controlling behaviour can include the abuser preventing their victim from having friendships or hobbies, refusing them access to money and determining many aspects of their everyday life, such as when they are allowed to eat, sleep and go to the toilet.

That sounds like really hard work.

Edit: It never ceases to amaze me how so many people go to such extraordinary lengths to just make life really hard for themselves. That goes for both parties really. I have known a couple of women who have been in abusive relationships, and rather than actually walking away (which they had ample opportunity to do) they are drawn to it like moths to a flame. Very sad.

HOLA444
HOLA445

I've wanted to get a PPL at the local flying club but my other half is preventing me, something about the cost and time it would take.. I'm off to the police later!

I suggest you claim asylum immediately.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/asylum-seeker-who-wants-to-be-a-pilot-will-have-10000-worth-of-flying-lessons-paid-for-by-taxpayer-8921699.html

HOLA446

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-30532087

At least they mention men can be victims too.

Well that is at least one religion seriously on the hook on a number of accounts.

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

If someone hits you, its assault. Legally irrelevant if they are your'e lover/partner or not.

So go to the police.

If you dont, and after 6 months of being 'controlled' (or worse), you are an idiot.

Rather than feminist organizations convincing me these women are victims, they have simply managed to convince me they are mentally incapable of being considered adults and having the intelligence to move on. Same with these women saying celebrities groomed them. Fine, if they were 14 or 15 at the time, but you have women who were in their mid 20s at the time saying they were 'groomed' Pathetic. You were an adult. You could have removed yourself from that situation at the first instance, but chose not to because you put your career ahead of everything else.

Maybe we need womens refuges for women who havent actually been abused but lack the integrity to remove themselves from such relationships the minute violence is present.

HOLA4410

We're going to have to build a shitload of women's prisons!..................Oh wait, that's right, women are only ever victims not abusers.

Denying access to money: Spouse/partner keeps on spending but you've already got 6 figure debts. You deny them more money. Does this breach the law?

This should be asked before they make this law.

HOLA4411

We're going to have to build a shitload of women's prisons!..................Oh wait, that's right, women are only ever victims not abusers.

Denying access to money: Spouse/partner keeps on spending but you've already got 6 figure debts. You deny them more money. Does this breach the law?

Don't be silly! This law will not apply evenly to both genders. Anyway, Google "closing women's prisons" and you'll find article after article saying we should not be sending women to prison.

Like this one:

Isn't it time to abolish most women's prisons?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/womens-politics/10015766/Isnt-it-time-to-abolish-most-womens-prisons.html

(not even the Guardian!

HOLA4412

I'm often struck by the parallels between modern feminism and traditional paternalism.

In the past women were not considered fully responsible for their actions. They weren't full citizens so whilst being denied full rights they didn't have to deal with the consequences of their actions. Their debts fell on the father or husband and if they committed a crime their husband would be punished for failing to control his wife.

In modern times women are not considered qualified to consent to sex after a drink. They are considered so inferior that they require affirmative action in employment and politics in order to succeed. They can kill their baby and be convicted of infanticide instead of murder, a much reduced crime uniquely applied to mothers with babies.

It's a funny old world.

HOLA4413

I'm often struck by the parallels between modern feminism and traditional paternalism.

In the past women were not considered fully responsible for their actions. They weren't full citizens so whilst being denied full rights they didn't have to deal with the consequences of their actions. Their debts fell on the father or husband and if they committed a crime their husband would be punished for failing to control his wife.

In modern times women are not considered qualified to consent to sex after a drink. They are considered so inferior that they require affirmative action in employment and politics in order to succeed. They can kill their baby and be convicted of infanticide instead of murder, a much reduced crime uniquely applied to mothers with babies.

It's a funny old world.

It's because there is no real sense in the World! You can't make women strong by protecting them from everything! Same goes for kids, and big blokes too! I've seen too much for the "Internet" to deprave me. Anyway, the "Intenet" is just the modern library!

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

TPTB must really not want people to have relationships with women and particularly not for men and women to get married.

Of course they dont. If the state becomes 'the father' (protector, provider) in all incidences the statists get a completely dependable, subservient, unquestioning voter base. Women, due to their longer life expectancy, are the democratic majority in every country on earth. Only the renegade women who still think men have a role as father provide a bulwalk...hence the current 'WAR ON WOMEN!' hilarity that is being pushed in the US at the moment (and increasingly here, too)

When people say second/third wave feminism are simply offshoots of marxism, they arent joking.

HOLA4416

It's because there is no real sense in the World! You can't make women strong by protecting them from everything! Same goes for kids, and big blokes too! I've seen too much for the "Internet" to deprave me. Anyway, the "Intenet" is just the modern library!

Not sure about that, I've seen things online that you don't get in no libraries!

HOLA4417

Not sure about that, I've seen things online that you don't get in no libraries!

Good Lord! You Libraries must be impoverished!

Archived