House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

StuG III

Any Excel Nerds Here?

Need some help with excel -

I have a pivot table with dates in the left column and a simple count in the right. I need to group the dates into weeks and show the total count for each week.

This was working fine till just now, when all of a sudden excel decided to stop recognising the grouped dates as dates and therefore wont sort them properly. If I ungroup them then excel recognises them as dates again.

WTF?

How do I fix this? Apart from Thorium?

Check that the column with the dates in is formatted for dates? It could be something as simple as that.

Like I said, its fine with them as long as they arent grouped as days. Grouped by months and days is fine. Ungrouped is fine. All recognised as dates as interchangeable with different date formats and number format. But suddenly it doesnt like it if the days are grouped. graaaaaaaaah!