House Price Crash Forum

Close Friend Missing

Renewed Investor

HOLA441

You get to an age when your parents are gone and then your siblings/cousins/friends start to fall off.

You also start to get morbid about your own prospects.

I'm pretty much there now at 55.

The son of a cousin of mine died suddenly last week in his 30s. I never knew him really.

Another old friend who I haven't seen for years has just had a cancer diagnosis.

it's kicked off a depression in me at how fleeting life is.

When I used to ring my gran I'd ask about people up the road. Slowly they all died off. When the last of her friends died she was very sad when she told me she was the last of them left. She was probably about 80 by then.

Surround yourself with young healthy people if you don't want to die alone.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442

I find accepting that we are all really not very important - to be very liberating.

Accept life is fleeting - and get the ****** on with it - before it ends - which it will.

I imagine many who commit suicide just get to the time of thinking - what's the point ?

That's what keeps me going - there is no point. So just have a laugh and don't worry about it.

HOLA443

I find accepting that we are all really not very important - to be very liberating.

Accept life is fleeting - and get the ****** on with it - before it ends - which it will.

I imagine many who commit suicide just get to the time of thinking - what's the point ?

That's what keeps me going - there is no point. So just have a laugh and don't worry about it.

You are my sort of "philosopher"! :D

HOLA444

You are my sort of "philosopher"! :D

Well if i die tomorrow i die tomorrow !! Not very worried about it.

Anyway i shouldn't derail this off the pretty serious subject. I stand by my philosophy though.

HOLA445

Well if i die tomorrow i die tomorrow !! Not very worried about it.

Anyway i shouldn't derail this off the pretty serious subject. I stand by my philosophy though.

I agree, I can be rather flippant! I like to enjoy every day, as I don't know how many I have left!

I'm having as many as I can get until I have had enough!

I haven't had enough yet! :o

HOLA446

I was unsure about posting this topic on here at first, I'm not the type to speak about feelings and whatnot, even in a fairly anonymous environment like this. Telling you all about this helped though, it feels good to spill the beans I guess. Thank you.

Dental records came in yesterday confirming without doubt it is my friend. Another friend who had been as strong as Ithroughout this broke down at that news, I guess it was too much to know that the body was in such a state that they required such tests. He'll be alright though,he and the others are out at a party tonight. Sadly I'm stuck at home working (not so bad really, a lot of work to get done but it's kept my mind busy).

The crazy girlfriend is an ongoing problem, people are telling me things as more have woken up to her BS. More tales are being spun and she's tripping herself up on the details, she's on teh path to exposing herself without anyones help. I'll leave her to it. My only hope is that she doesn't do or say anything inappropriate at the funeral.

HOLA447

I was unsure about posting this topic on here at first, I'm not the type to speak about feelings and whatnot, even in a fairly anonymous environment like this. Telling you all about this helped though, it feels good to spill the beans I guess. Thank you.

Glad some of us were a help. If I was one of them so be it.

Stay strong and keep busy, Life goes on. There is fun to be had out there even though you might not feel like it at the moment.

Archived