House Price Crash Forum

Groupthink

HOLA441

I've been hovering on this site for about 10 months now and in that time, two things i've observed are

1) The mockery of the censorship of bulls sites i.e. C4

2) Mimicking this censorship through the back door. Moving anything bullish or critical to the off topic section.

Never mind a debate about the future of the police. We need a pinned thread in the main forum to discuss what sort of HPC site we really want.

The arguements for multi forums to make organisation and navigation easier are undermimed by the admins pinning of (an increasing) amount of off topic threads in the main forum. The troll thread, whats your education etc, These are theoreticly out of the remit of the main forum but they are deemed worthy by the admin clique. I'll probably be deemed a Troll or banned now, but never mind, I've said my peace.

Lets not slip into herdish groupthink, which i think we may be begining too!

FH

HOLA442
1) The mockery of the censorship of bulls sites i.e. C4

2) Mimicking this censorship through the back door

The idea that the moderation on HPC replicates in any way the regime in place on the C4 forums is ridiculous in the extreme. You have obviously never posted on the C4 forums; the powers-that-be's response to an off-message post such as yours over there would be vicious and swift. Your post is still in place, and open for any and all replies, as it should be.

The arguements for multi forums to make organisation and navigation easier are undermimed by the admins pinning of (an increasing) amount of off topic threads in the main forum.

I would probably agree with this. However this is a separate argument from your "groupthink" accusation.

Lets not slip into herdish groupthink

There is a difference between groupthink and the arguments having been debated to death. If you have a bullish viewpoint, air it, but be aware that:

A ) HPC as a site has a bearish stance

B ) every bullish argument has been debunked or at least argued to an impasse on this board at least a hundred times before. The responsibility for originality is thus on your shoulders.

HOLA443

from my own observations of the site, i feel the bulls come up with some crazy explination to justify the insane situation. get shot down in flames by common sense.

then revert to name calling like doom mongers, or whiners. and offer statements such as 'missed the boat' and 'no right for housing' or the classic 'study harder and earn more'.

after a couple of weeks posting they change their name and start all over again with the very first agument they posted about it being different this time.

HOLA444

The arguements for multi forums to make organisation and navigation easier are undermimed by the admins pinning of (an increasing) amount of off topic threads in the main forum. The troll thread, whats your education etc, These are theoreticly out of the remit of the main forum but they are deemed worthy by the admin clique. I'll probably be deemed a Troll or banned now, but never mind, I've said my peace.

FH

[/quote/]

Agree with this - if too many things get pinned you may as well not pin anything. Only key threads relating directly to house prices should be pinned, IMHO, with all due respect to the people who run the site for doing such a cracking job. (And you've been a bit tardy with getting the media articles up recently, boys, although I know it's very cheeky of me to mention it.)

About the herdish groupthink, though - hilarious! :lol::lol: Yes, bearish groupthink is really what's going on with the property market! People keep on coming on HPC and saying that it's biased - der! It's the one place that housing bears can have their say and that's why we love it! If you don't like it you have, now let's see, oh, yes, just about any other property-related anything to choose from! Knock yourself out. It's such a tedious waste of time having to rebut your nonsense!

HOLA445

from my own observations of the site, i feel the bulls come up with some crazy explination to justify the insane situation. get shot down in flames by common sense.

then revert to name calling like doom mongers, or whiners. and offer statements such as 'missed the boat' and 'no right for housing' or the classic 'study harder and earn more'.

after a couple of weeks posting they change their name and start all over again with the very first agument they posted about it being different this time.

yup. It's tiresome, it's boring, and the best thing we can do is to simply ignore it.

As long as people keep rising to the bait then the same old crap will keep getting posted.

I've nothing against bulls coming on and challenging our stance rationally or imaginatively. It should be encouraged! But if bulls persist in posting the same old guff the best thing to do is just ignore it.

Unfortunately some people prefer the fight itself to the prize.

HOLA446