House Price Crash Forum

Doctor Who Fan Stumbles On 14,000 Books From Hit Tv Series

HOLA441

Has 'Bart' been having a clear out then?

DOCTOR Who fan David Dovey is giving away 14,000 books from the TV series to schools after finding them on the eBay auction site.

When an Essex skip hire firm arrived at a house to collect one of their skips, they found that the Tardis-like bin was brimming with some 14,000 Doctor Who books.

The firm's bosses couldn't bring themselves to pulp the massive literary haul and put them all on eBay under one lot and seven days of bidding started at just 99p.

Longlevens man David, 46, dreamt of buying the books to hand out to schools across the country – it was, after all, a Doctor Who book that introduced him to his love of reading as a child.

But it was only when two pals persuaded him that they should club together to make a bid that it actually became reality.

Amazingly, after just 35 bids, the friends bagged the bumper set of books for just £656.

"Doctor Who changed my life. Before that, reading was boring," said David.

http://www.gloucestercitizen.co.uk/Doctor-fan-stumbles-14-000-books-hit-TV-series/story-18879439-detail/story.html

HOLA442

I find "Doctor Who" to be rather silly, and overly "politically correct" If only they had got rather more some inspiration from "Lesbian Dildo Vixens on Black **** #37"! Pity I missed the first 36 episodes! ;)

HOLA443
HOLA444

Archived