House Price Crash Forum

Antibiotic Protects Men From Attractive Women

cashinmattress

HOLA441

link

Heterosexual men mentally melt in the presence of attractive women. As Tom Jacobs writes in Pacific Standard, even the very thought of possibly interacting with a woman is enough to "temporarily impede men's mental abilities."

Of course, women know this, and some use it to their advantage. (Companies also know this, and they use it to their advantage, too: During my years in graduate school, many of the biotech sales reps were unusually attractive women.) Men feel more trusting toward women who cause them to be sexually aroused, even if there is no good justification for it -- just like when Indiana Jones totally fell for that sexy Nazi chick in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

Is there a way for men to avoid these devilish "honey traps"? (It's unknown if the "honey trap" is named after CNBC's anchor formerly known as the "Money Honey.")

Yes. They can take an antibiotic.

Minocycline is typically used to treat acne, but it can also reduce symptoms associated with mental illnesses, such as schizophrenia and depression, and it can improve decision-making. This latter effect was analyzed further in a study described in Scientific Reports.

Japanese researchers recruited about 100 men to play a trust game using photographs of women. In the game, each man was given 1300 Yen (approx. $13) and asked to rate the attractiveness of each woman as well as how much money they would give them in the trust game. The men were told that the amount of money given would be tripled, and the woman could then choose how to split the money between herself and the man. Unbeknownst to the men, every woman had already chosen in advance to take all of the money, completely stiffing the man. In other words, every woman was a potential "honey trap."

As shown, men who were taking placebo offered about 50% of their money in the trust game to women of "low attractiveness," while they gave 65% of their money to women of "high attractiveness." Men receiving a regimen of minocycline gave about 50% to both groups of women.

Let this be a lesson for all male businessmen: When engaged in negotiations with an attractive female, be sure to have a doctor's prescription handy.

What does this mean for spotty boy nerds? Virginity is assured?

I've given plenty of varied currency notes to pretty ladies over the years, never to a 'honey trap' in business though.

Perhaps this is the case in banking, but no engineering, sadly.

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

Ginger hair and baldness offers similar protection.

Oh, so you've met her then...?

Oh, hang on a minute, I've read your posts.

Tell me you haven't gone and shagged Mrs XYY...?

I thought she was walking funny earlier on...

XYY

HOLA445

Oh, so you've met her then...?

Oh, hang on a minute, I've read your posts.

Tell me you haven't gone and shagged Mrs XYY...?

I thought she was walking funny earlier on...

XYY

Never met the woman ! I don't think. Unless she has a thing for bald ginger men. Someone has to. :lol:

HOLA446

Not really sure this is the case at all. If you employ fit women in sales roles they rarely bring in stellar figures unless they also happen to be good at sales and even then can still easily be eclipsed by a munter that's very good at sales.

Remember Ruth Badger off the Apprentice you'd be way better off having a biotech field sales force like her rather than some dolly birds. Men even eventually lose patience with fit barmaids if they keep making a dog's breakfast of pulling pints.

HOLA447

let's be honest, a good number of these women are brought in to:

1. entertain the rest of the sales force and it brightens the room

2. flirt with clients

3. get in the door - it is amazing how customers find out who has the fit rep and invite her round to entertain and brighten the day at the customer's office.

That may be from the 1950's, but it IS still true. The thing is, the good saleswomen get way beyond that. The ones who have more nipples than brain cells and their personality is no larger than their bosom hit a level, then sit there, worse than average, until they get up the duff. Then they want a payoff to leave.

HOLA448

let's be honest, a good number of these women are brought in to:

1. entertain the rest of the sales force and it brightens the room

2. flirt with clients

3. get in the door - it is amazing how customers find out who has the fit rep and invite her round to entertain and brighten the day at the customer's office.

That may be from the 1950's, but it IS still true. The thing is, the good saleswomen get way beyond that. The ones who have more nipples than brain cells and their personality is no larger than their bosom hit a level, then sit there, worse than average, until they get up the duff. Then they want a payoff to leave.

re: point 1, a guy at a place I used to work was describing the receptionist and their role:

"You either have someone really hot, or someone who's really good. Unfortunately, the two we currently have are neither."

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Archived