House Price Crash Forum

Maze Hunger Striker Declares Love For Uk

HOLA441

Missed this. I cannot remember the story being posted.

Just read an article in the FT about Ireland trying to Irish bankrupts doing the bankruptcy in the UK.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/1a29ba22-c681-11e1-963a-00144feabdc0.html#axzz1zplzyO7j

Tom McFeely

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0615/tom-mcfeely-has-british-bankruptcy-overturned.html

' The former provisional IRA member claims to have lived in London since 2008 and hold a British passport.

In court document he said: "The appellant wants my bankruptcy conducted in the south of Ireland because she knows it will place me in greater difficulties securing a discharge.

"I maintain this is a breach of my human rights and that it is objectionable to expose me as a British citizen to the punitive bankruptcy laws of another country." '

Makes Mr Anthea look honest.

HOLA442

Yes, this has been posted before a few times but always worth seeing again. There was that Irish boy band chap a few weeks ago who had allegedly done something similar re property deals gone wrong in Eire but going bankrupt in the UK.

I really do not understand this setup - was it some kind of agreement from the 1920s. I mean, if we turned up in Holland or Greece wanting to go bankrupt for debts in the UK surely they would tell us to go somewhere.

HOLA443
It takes up to 12 years to be discharged as a bankrupt in Ireland opposed to one year in the UK.

When asked on bankruptcy papers 'are you involved in legal action?' Mr McFeely simply ticked the no box. He said he read it as just relating to legal proceedings in the UK

Yes, breach of his human rights!

HOLA444
HOLA445

I would say that most property developers that I've seen could do with going on hunger strike, fat cvnts (this bloke included judging by that Irish Independent photo). That's why they all drive Range Rovers/RR Sports because they need the strengthened suspension for their obese arses.