House Price Crash Forum

Rightmove Listings Question

jackpot06

HOLA441

I use Property Bee ( thanks to whoever runs it).

Having extensively used it, I can see that any changes that have occurred are plain to see.

This is my question-;

I'm looking in North Norfolk and lots of places are taken off and 'rested'

then relisted as ' new to the market' - which isn't true-

As Bee has a history of them.

Is presenting a property as ' new to the market ' when it's been on for sometimes years

technically fraud ?

HOLA442

Having extensively used it, I can see that any changes that have occurred are plain to see.

This is my question-;

Is presenting a property as ' new to the market ' when it's been on for sometimes years

technically fraud ?

How do they commit fraud? Where is the deception, DYOR, which you have done, the information is available. All they achieve is the house sits unsold for longer!

HOLA443

... It has now done the rounds of all the EAs ...

If a vendor instructs an EA for the minimum time and it does not sell, does the vendor have to pay a fee for the advertising and promotion costs or does the EA only get paid upon sale? If it is the former, perhaps the EA's need to restructure their business plan to weed out the kite flying vendors?

HOLA444

The seller decided not to sell then changed their mind, so how can this be fraud? ... has the added advantage that the PB history is removed, same as changing EA. One property we have looked at has been on the market for two years priced at 2007 plus 10% but moves every three months to a different EA. It has now done the rounds of all the EAs but as one of them said, at least we have the photos and don't need to measure up ... but the seller won't drop the price and is just waiting for the right buyer. Consequently any new similar properties go on at the same price, usually stay there for a few months before they give up or 'rent it out until the market recovers'.

It's kind of misleading to give the distinct impression it is new to market when there have been other failed attempts to offload it. It would be best if they just said nothing about how new a listing it was. It's always up to a purchaser to decide if they want it and how much to offer. Some areas take 2 years to sell - look at wales or even homes by busy roundabouts in the south east. I know of one such home that has NEVER sold in over 5 years. Doesn't matter what the price is, the house is not wanted in the position it is found, even though it's otherwise stunning.

Edited by plummet expert

HOLA445

This is my question-;

technically fraud ?

No.