House Price Crash Forum

The Crash Has Started

music man

HOLA441

As the description states I have bought a house at 30% less than it's previous buyer in 2007.

I don't want to give too much info however I have paid 120K for a house that was bought for 175K in 2007 in Norfolk.

Patience is a virtue my friends.

And believe me the estate agent business is criminal.

If I had a company that could demand money for no sale (i.e. gazumping) then I would be a rich man.

I was guzumped twice last year but this time it went through ok.

And I would not wish to criticise the people at the estate agents as the statute is much different in Scotland or Fance so I hear. The law (legislation - know the difference) is an ass, it has been said many times by many people before me.

Thanks to this site and info on the internet I was aware of the housing snake and ladder. There are a lot of repos out there folks - I advise you getting a relationship with your estate agent and letting them know how you feel and find someone who is realistic. Let them know what you know as they will ******** you!

This is not an estate agent promo but we make the crash folks - 30% reduction from previous price is the crash happening.

Make it happen people - we are the future. I hope a 30% reduction inspires people on the site.

I joined this site many years ago and knew this was possible - if you are new to the site then this info no doubt is more prescient.

HOLA442

As the description states I have bought a house at 30% less than it's previous buyer in 2007.

I don't want to give too much info however I have paid 120K for a house that was bought for 175K in 2007 in Norfolk.

........../////.....

Make it happen people - we are the future. I hope a 30% reduction inspires people on the site.

:P

I joined this site many years ago and knew this was possible - if you are new to the site then this info no doubt is more prescient.

OK all you people out there!! OFFER 50% of asking price - take it or leave it!!! Watch their faces!! :P:P:D

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

Eric - your links made me aware of how the system was pushed to indebt the people. i.e. us.

for generations to come.

SPREAD THIS INFO TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS MUSIC MAN!!

SPREAD IT AROUND - FAR AND WIDE

GET THE TRUTH OUT THERE MUSIC MAN

THE YOUNGER GENERATIONS [not so young actually!] HAVE BEEN DEFRAUDED MASSIVELY!!!!

THIS IS THE GREATEST FRAUD IN ALL HISTORY!!!!

READ ALL THE LINKS BELOW.....

HOLA446

OK all you people out there!! OFFER 50% of asking price - take it or leave it

You would be mad to pay any more. [Plenty of those out there though!]

I am purposefully going to try and cut out the estate agents, after the debacle of the last 12 years, when I look for my first house.

[With a 60% reduction from peak]

Edited by Dan1

HOLA447

Nice work, your patience paid off handsomely.

Mine will too. I was apparently outbid eventually on my offer in November, after some fun and games with the EA (I did start a thread somewhere). I await for what it did sell for, although there has been no "SOLD" sign outside. I wonder if it was just withdrawn and it will be relisted in spring!

Prices aren't going up.

HOLA448

(...)

It sounds good MM. Good luck there.

For the benefit of other readers, in terms of national average prices, I think we are still near peak prices, and I think - on average - it is still too early to buy. Particularly here in the south / south east. "Patience is (still) a virtue (down here) my friends".

But in your particular area / case that may have been a good deal. Perhaps.

Anyway, all the best there, and enjoy the house, make it a home, and forget about this house prices malarkey!

ToW

Edited by Tired of Waiting

HOLA449

For the benefit of other readers, in terms of national average prices, I think we are still near peak prices, and I think - on average - it is still too early to buy. Particularly here in the south / south east. "Patience is (still) a virtue (down here) my friends".

We certainly are finding this in our town..... (and the area we are looking).

Some idiot has just put another property in our right location etc - up for sale. It is listed on LR as having been sold for £225K in Dec 2006, and the agent has it on market for £279,995...... And there has been nothing done to it. We have not viewed it yet and are not going too until it comes down in price, - which it probably will as others in the same row, where we have offered started off at this price 12-15 months ago and one has now come down to an asking of £250 but are still pegging at trying to achieving very close to this.... only because we are told, they had an offer of 250 8 months ago which they turned down (being greedy) and think anyone else coming along will match. We wont match it, we cant.

HOLA4410

I am purposefully going to try and cut out the estate agents, after the debacle of the last 12 years, when I look for my first house.

[With a 60% reduction from peak]

We are currently also trying this plan of attack. So far 3 people have contacted us - one is already on market with another agent and we told him direct that we felt he was overpriced, based on conversation we had had with the agent, who said this as well. (property has been on market for 3 years and vendor attitude is if someone wants it at THIS price we will sell if not leave it on agents books......) - we also do not like that particular property; another which was sold 6 months ago - asking then 240 and achieved 220 is now wanting to sell again, and has said to us that agents have valued her property at 240+ and she wants that price. We are leaving her to stew for a while and see if she markets with agents. When she sits on market which she probably will as it sat on market for months before she bought we might make her an offer but not yet for a while. The third we have yet to go and view. He has not yet stated a price so it will be interesting to see how he values his property and what he wants relative to what agents value it it.

HOLA4411

And believe me the estate agent business is criminal.

If I had a company that could demand money for no sale (i.e. gazumping) then I would be a rich man.

I was guzumped twice last year but this time it went through ok.

And I would not wish to criticise the people at the estate agents as the statute is much different in Scotland or Fance so I hear. The law (legislation - know the difference) is an ass, it has been said many times by many people before me.

Thanks to this site and info on the internet I was aware of the housing snake and ladder. There are a lot of repos out there folks - I advise you getting a relationship with your estate agent and letting them know how you feel and find someone who is realistic. Let them know what you know as they will ******** you!

This is not an estate agent promo but we make the crash folks - 30% reduction from previous price is the crash happening.

Norwich City Median Wages 2011

Project Manager, Information Technology (IT) £32,624 Office Administrator £14,520 Operations Manager £37,079 Graphic Artist / Designer £16,907 General / Operations Manager £29,500 Retail Store Manager £26,692 Legal Secretary £15,170

Well done, but -

So you are at the uber-rareified, stratospheric, operations manager level if borrowing mortgage 2-3x wage?

Or a London commuter.

HOLA4412