House Price Crash Forum

28% Off Flat In Bucks

Bearfacts

HOLA441

Mrs B has just helped a colleague to successfully negotiate the purchase of a flat in Buckinghamshire. The flat has been on the market for 8 months or more and originally had an asking price of £172k. Current asking price was £134k. Mrs B advised colleague to offer £124K i.e just under the stamp duty threshold. Colleague was too timid to offer such a ‘drastic’ reduction ( scared that the EA might laugh or mock her cheeky offer I guess ) so Mrs B did it for her and guess what, they took it.

By my reckoning that’s a reduction of approx 28% in 8 months or approx 42% annualised. No crash here, then just an orderly slowdown like The VIs assured us. !

HOLA442
Mrs B has just helped a colleague to successfully negotiate the purchase of a flat in Buckinghamshire. The flat has been on the market for 8 months or more and originally had an asking price of £172k. Current asking price was £134k. Mrs B advised colleague to offer £124K i.e just under the stamp duty threshold. Colleague was too timid to offer such a ‘drastic’ reduction ( scared that the EA might laugh or mock her cheeky offer I guess )  so Mrs B did it for her and guess what, they took it.

By my reckoning that’s a reduction of  approx 28% in 8 months or approx 42% annualised. No crash here, then just an orderly slowdown like The VIs assured us. !

Maybe you could hire her services out..? ;)

Bucks has always been VERY expensive though hasn't it?

HOLA443
Guest Bart of Darkness
By my reckoning that’s a reduction of approx 28% in 8 months or approx 42% annualised. No crash here, then just an orderly slowdown like The VIs assured us. !

I knew those lovely VI's wouldn't see us wrong! ;)

HOLA444
Maybe you could hire her services out..?  ;)

Bucks has always been VERY expensive though hasn't it?

Ha, thats exactly what i thought..

Hey i hope she took commission on that!

EDITED:

I didnt like what i put, was funny when it first came to mind, upon reading 5 minutes later it was just dumb.

For those of you who didnt read it... you will never know what it said.

Edited by theChuz

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410