House Price Crash Forum

Anecdotal Evidence: Continued

PulpFiction

HOLA441

I've been posting about this house for the last 5 months.

STILL TOO MUCH !!!

It came onto the market 5 months ago for £268,000 which I noted was way over valued.

It got dropped to £260,000

It got dropped to £250,000 (fixed price)

They changed Estate Agents and dropped it to offers over £225,000

Oh dear, now look at the price... By my reckoning that's a 20% decrease in price.

HOLA442
HOLA443
Oh dear, now look at the price... By my reckoning that's a 20% decrease in price.

And it's still not sold!

Be careful though, that doesn't mean that house prices are crashing at 20%. How much would it have actually sold for 18 months ago? That's what we need to know.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

STILL TOO MUCH !!!

It came onto the market 5 months ago for £268,000 which I noted was way over valued.

In case you hadn't already checked it was bought for £110,000 in October 2001 so even now they're still looking to make a profit of over £100,000. :)

HOLA449
HOLA4410
Its seriously delightful!

What do you think it's worth? Or rather what would you pay for it?

The wife and I actually viewed it a few months ago... it's very dark as it's set into the hill (as a lot of houses are in Halifax)... there is delightful a garden that goes behind the bedroom and bathroom window upstairs, however, it belongs to next door !! Also, the parking out front is actually on a piece of pavement that does not belong to the house, and no doubt, illegal to park on.

Personally, I would only value it at about £145,000.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
And it's still not sold!

Be careful though, that doesn't mean that house prices are crashing at 20%. How much would it have actually sold for 18 months ago? That's what we need to know.

Well, as we know many more properties were selling for asking prices plucked from thin air by greedy EAs and vendors 18 months ago - buyers panicked and thought "I'd better offer asking price or I'll be left stranded!"

Right now, many stubborn EAs and vendors are still asking last year's prices but getting offers well below. Sentiment is slowly changing and it's only a matter of time before something/someone gives; who will blink first?! I think we all know the answer to that one... :rolleyes:

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420

You know, we could have a good scam going when people on here seriously start to buy. Get another forum user or two to ring up and offer £30k or so below the price you're willing to pay, then go in with your offer and your's will look more attractive to the vendor. :ph34r:

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423

STILL TOO MUCH !!!

Fantastic!

Good work, and thanks for bringing it to our attention.

NDL

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Looks quite nice from the outside, but when you live in a house, how much do you look at the outside ?

Couple of questions, what's a snug, I always thought it was the bar in a pub where all the old duffers sat (which I now qualify).

Bedroom 3, 10'7'' x 5'8''. Erm, where does the bed go.