House Price Crash Forum

The Day The Dollar Died

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

A nation "dies" along with its ability to trade when its GDP dimishes to almost zero. Rumour has it that the US GDP is still higher than everyone elses.

The Euro probably faces an earlier death than the $ IMO. Unless, of course, Germany can bail out the rest of the EZ.

I'm with you Realist Bear. The rush out of the dollar into the Euro reported near the end didn't ring true to me either. Not to say it wouldn't happen if Germany manages to keep the EZ bailed out for a while and the dollar dives first, but it could easily happen in a different order.

HOLA446
HOLA447

Brilliant, I love it.

QE4 - you know it's coming...

Are you sure? I think they'll raise interest rates instead and watch the housing market, banks and economy go into total meltdown instead ;)

We've gone too far down the path into the nightmarish woods now and lost our way completely. Which path leads out? QE and ZIRP or high interest rates and no QE? Neither, we're totally lost, both paths now lead to the evil witch's house! Sleep well children.

HOLA448

A nation "dies" along with its ability to trade when its GDP dimishes to almost zero. Rumour has it that the US GDP is still higher than everyone elses.

The Euro probably faces an earlier death than the $ IMO. Unless, of course, Germany can bail out the rest of the EZ.

Except GDP has been faked for a long time, debt, home owners (no mortgage) are included in GDP for the rent they should pay if they didn't own.

Faster cars and computers are counted as an increase in GDP. Printing money is counted in GDP.

HOLA449
HOLA4410

Its a Gold ramping thread and should be moved....

QE and ZIRP are directly related to house prices, they keep them artificially inflated at the expense of the relevant currency.

This topic deals with the potential side effect of govts. efforts to prevent an HPC via QE and ZIRP.

Edited by General Congreve

HOLA4411