House Price Crash Forum

Slavery

HOLA441

Just watching Spartacus on DVD...opening scene talks about slavery and when someone has a child how it expands their masters wealth!!!!

It strikes me we are no longer physically enslaved but psychologically ensalved...We are told to work to buy houses so our masters make more profit...immigration, more children in effect, is encouraged to increase wealth. We no longer fight to the death...we work till the death.

i'm Spartacus....NO, I'm Spartacus....

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

Even if you buy it..they tax you on it...council tax...and if its worth anything....death duties.

Even roman gladiators eventually became free!!!

I dont see much difference between physical slavery and what we have now...exvept maybe the benefit leeches...they seem to be appease the guikt of the masses or pehaps sappease the class that is likely to revolt.

I think scoiety needs a system of..society...but the current level of work we have to do to pay 'the slave owners' is too much.

HOLA445
HOLA446

I can't afford children, I can't afford children.

No, you can't, because your a greedy get who wants all the benefits without investment.

'Doleys' make a profit out of child rearing. The muslim faith grows because of its pro birth attitude.

And the greedy suffer demographic winter laugh.gif

I may be poor and outnumbered by elders, but I'll look after them, money aside were far richer for it ;)

HOLA447

Have i just twigged we are all slaves....no.

Have i just twigged as to their method of enslavement..perhaps yes...we've been told for so long...buy sh*t, buy a house, have a pension, buy shares, shortage of land..i went for a walk in Northants country today and i can assure you there is plenty land, owned by a few people..before TV/Radio there was war...fight this, kill them, they are the enemy...stop them talking what is rightfully OURs...when you think about it...it's obvious..the reality is...the sheeple have enslaved themselves...encoraged by tv...marketing..propoganda....they are told they are happy..maybe they are!

We are not just house price crashers...we're anti establishment...anti propoganda...anti slavery...we're not popular...because the sheeple are told they the opposite to what we think. What a great thing tv is for mass control.

Now even the benefits people will be working, and good i say, but will they be happy?

Rome fell eventually...the banks have destroyed what they had due to their greed..what fools...is this the fall of this empire?.

Where will it all end....freedom? I doubt it.

I'm Spartacus....

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

Hang on...IM SPARTACUS :lol:

http://fabiusmaximus.wordpress.com/2008/06/11/polybius/

He might have said this a few 1000 years ago, but it is still relevant...

From Polybius’ Histories, 202-220 BC

The fact is that the people of Hellas had entered the false path of ostentation, avarice and laziness, and were therefore becoming unwilling to marry, or, if they did marry, to bring up the children born to them; the majority were only willing to bring up at most one or two, in order to leave them wealthy and to spoil them in their childhood; and in consequence of all this the evil had been spreading rapidly before it was observed.

Where there are families of one or two children, of whom war claims one and disease the other for its victim, it is an evident and inevitable consequence that households should be left desolate and that states, precisely like beehives, should gradually lose their reserves and sink into impotence.

On this subject there is no need whatsoever to inquire of the gods as to how we are to be saved from the cancer. The plain man will answer that, first and foremost, we must save ourselves, either by changing our obsession or alternatively by making it illegal not to bring up every child that is born.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416

shortage of land..i went for a walk in Northants country today and i can assure you there is plenty land, owned by a few people.

Yes exactly there is no shortage of land there's a shortage of housing .. and will be kept that way to benefit those few people maintained by old fashioned Planning Laws

apparently only 1.3% of the UK is actually built on for domestic housing :o

HOLA4417

"it is the impossibility of living by any other means that compels our farm labourers to till the soil, whose fruits they will not eat, and our masons to construct buildings in which they will not live. It is want that drags them to those markets where they await masters, who will do them the kindness of buying them. It is want that compels them to go down on their knees to the rich man in order to get from him permission to enrich him. What effective gain has the suppression of slavery brought him? 'He is free,' you say. That is his misfortune. These men, it is said, have no master. They have one, and the most terrible, the most imperious of masters: that is, need. It is this that that reduces them to the most cruel dependence."

http://www.pentaside.org/article/chomsky-govt-in-the-future.html

"that while they would break all fetters in human society, they would attempt to find as many new social bonds as possible. The isolated man is no more able to develop than the one who is fettered."

Edited by enrieb

HOLA4418

We are not just house price crashers...we're anti establishment...anti propoganda...anti slavery...we're not popular...because the sheeple are told they the opposite to what we think. What a great thing tv is for mass control.

All I here when I see people using such an over-used phrase as this is the scene in Life of Brian:

Brian: You're all different!

Crowd: Yes, we are all different!

Everyone else dumb and follows blindly, but not us. Us HPC users are all just so much wiser and 'edgy' :rolleyes:

The 'sheeple' are 'told' what to think. Us 'edgy' and 'unblinkered' HPCers know what's really going on. We know because we get our news and discussion from a completely unbias source :lol: the HPC website.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420

Just had a thought about this.

How many hours/working days of an average wage earner's life would it take to buy the average house ?

I reckon around 9-10 years of full take-home salary.

So around 25% of ones life time salary (although it would perhaps be more than this when you consider interest on a mortgage).

In short... far too much !!

I reckon, even as an amateur with no experience, I could build a lovely house in less than 1 year, with perhaps 2-3 years worth of average take-home salary on materials. I suppose the land is the killer.

HOLA4421

I reckon around 9-10 years of full take-home salary.

So around 25% of ones life time salary (although it would perhaps be more than this when you consider interest on a mortgage).

In short... far too much !!

I reckon, even as an amateur with no experience, I could build a lovely house in less than 1 year, with perhaps 2-3 years worth of average take-home salary on materials. I suppose the land is the killer.

Assuming a take home pay of 24K...then after tax you'd get about 17K.

Average house price of 160K + interest,so probably about 250K.

So to buy an average house on an avergae salary I make that approx 15 years of your working life, every penny is, dedicated to buying a house!!!

Obviously the average salary goes up...unless there is deflation...then it goes down.

No wonder the BoE is trying to save the banks with inflation...if we hit deflation people( and the banks) are seriously screwed.

HOLA4422

Assuming a take home pay of 24K...then after tax you'd get about 17K.

Average house price of 160K + interest,so probably about 250K.

So to buy an average house on an avergae salary I make that approx 15 years of your working life, every penny is, dedicated to buying a house!!!

Obviously the average salary goes up...unless there is deflation...then it goes down.

No wonder the BoE is trying to save the banks with inflation...if we hit deflation people( and the banks) are seriously screwed.

If you have worked or lived within a tropical forest you will have heard the monkeys laughing

HOLA4423