House Price Crash Forum

Revolt Of The Morons

HOLA441

'Property developer' is upset the bank stopped giving him blank cheques.

In Mr property developers mind this constitutes him being 'robbed'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1315340/Businessman-furious-banks-refusal-lend-bricks-Barclays-branch-protest.html

I wanted to borrow some money for a new development but was told 'no, maybe next year.

'I wanted to borrow 40,000 pounds on a property that I already own but the bank tried to charge me a 7,000 pounds arrangement fee.

'It is outrageous and they are doing it because they can get away with it. Savers are getting nothing, borrowers are getting nothing and the banks are doing what ever they like.

Why do i get the mental image of a child, a pram, and toys being thrown about?

HOLA442

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/4469961/The-muck-stops-here.html

The 71-year-old Northumberland farmer won a £300,000 settlement from the bank after years of frustration and pain, eased on several occasions by using his muck spreader to vent his feelings all over the front of NatWest branches.

It looks like it's about a 15 year cycle. Mind you completely different circumstances to the mortar free block laying property developer.

When making a complaint start at branch level and work your way through the organisation to the customer service team at head office. Then, if you have still failed to agree, you ask for a "deadlock" letter that lets you pursue your case with the Banking Ombudsman.

Yeah right.

Edited by billybong

HOLA443

It looks like it's about a 15 year cycle. Mind you completely different circumstances to the mortar free block laying property developer.

Yeah right.

Ok.

That sounds like lots of individual warranted gripes.

This guy, on the other hand, has decided that the terms offered to him (£7k charges he says) are unreasonable, and unlike taking that to mean 'we dont want your business' or maybe i should try another bank, seems to be under the illusion it is a banks job to give him money on his terms only. In short, he seems to be a nutter.

HOLA444

Ok.

That sounds like lots of individual warranted gripes.

This guy, on the other hand, has decided that the terms offered to him (£7k charges he says) are unreasonable, and unlike taking that to mean 'we dont want your business' or maybe i should try another bank, seems to be under the illusion it is a banks job to give him money on his terms only. In short, he seems to be a nutter.

I quite agree. No matter what people's opinions of banks are he seems to have the pre collapse mindset of loans being there just for the asking and isn't able to recognise that things have changed drastically.

It was the similarity in that they both decided to "block " the bank door.

Edited by billybong

HOLA445

I wanted to borrow some money for a new development but was told 'no, maybe next year.

'I wanted to borrow 40,000 pounds on a property that I already own but the bank tried to charge me a 7,000 pounds arrangement fee.

'It is outrageous and they are doing it because they can get away with it. Savers are getting nothing, borrowers are getting nothing and the banks are doing what ever they like.

Mr Cameron Hope who wants to use his home as security for £40K of borrowing to use on another property development, is 59 years old. His team of 2 helpers bricking up the bank's door look like they're in their mid 50s. They've seen property rise in value incredibly during their lifetimes. Had such a long run of prosperous conditions. He should be looking forward to retirement with his home paid off and savings in the bank.

Maybe this is the same Cameron Hope of Bournemouth, wanting the money to do up this house. (PDF of Planning Info) I wouldn't lend him the money for his new development either. Risk of final development falling in value and his own home or a second property which would be the bank's security falling in value as well. He can't see the banks might be doing him a favour by not lending to him.

Date: 09/07/2010. Application: 7-2010-4108-BY. Location: 2 Benellen Avenue, Bournemouth. Proposal: Alterations, 2 storey extension to dwelling and installation of 2 solar panels - Existing unauthorised works. Applicant: Mr Cameron Hope. Publicity Expiry: 08/08/2010

StreetView, 2 Benellen Ave. Houseprices latest records on file: Sales Date 01/08/2005: £425,000

HOLA446

Maybe this is the same Cameron Hope of Bournemouth, wanting the money to do up this house. (PDF of Planning Info) I wouldn't lend him the money for his new development either. Risk of final development falling in value and his own home or a second property which would be the bank's security falling in value as well. He can't see the banks might be doing him a favour by not lending to him.

StreetView, 2 Benellen Ave. Houseprices latest records on file: Sales Date 01/08/2005: £425,000

ROFL. Great find, Venger.

I just love the Interweb.

HOLA447

Though I don't agree that the builder should feel entitled to a loan from Barclay's, I can't for the life of me, believe that any bank would charge a seven thousand pound arrangement fee for such a relatively small sum; I wonder if he is telling a 'porker'. If on the other hand Barclay's really is charging so much, then they are both in the wrong. And, the country is well and truely heading into another ressesion. Two wrongs don't make a right!

HOLA448

Mr Cameron Hope who wants to use his home as security for £40K of borrowing to use on another property development, is 59 years old. His team of 2 helpers bricking up the bank's door look like they're in their mid 50s. They've seen property rise in value incredibly during their lifetimes. Had such a long run of prosperous conditions. He should be looking forward to retirement with his home paid off and savings in the bank.

You just did 1000% more research on this loan than any of the bankrupt banks would do when making a it.

• 3 years later...
HOLA449

'Property developer' is upset the bank stopped giving him blank cheques.

In Mr property developers mind this constitutes him being 'robbed'

Why do i get the mental image of a child, a pram, and toys being thrown about?

Mr Hope, who runs a portfolio of seven properties with his wife Christine, said he chose the Barclays branch at random and his protest is against the banking industry in general.

Looks like he's an artist now http://www.cameronhope.com/ with a garage conversion business sideline (link on that website), which corresponds with the address above.

Archived sales listing for it in 2012 (but no record of it selling on house-sold/price websites):

22nd May 2012. £360,000 - 3 bedroom mews. http://www.zoopla.co...h4-9ly/17154956

If only the other seven properties had taken the same sort of hit from purchase price.

HOLA4410

Look, we have a corrupt banking system which is sucking the life out of the real economy.

Loans are not being made to viable businesses, and savers are getting nothing. Not that I think 'property developer' is real economy, but...

High Frequency Trading is screwing us, and our pension funds.

Our taxes are being used against us, including for bailing out banks.

The country needs an 'infrastructure bank' which will lend to viable businesses!

The banking system is a cancer.

HOLA4411

Look, we have a corrupt banking system which is sucking the life out of the real economy.

Loans are not being made to viable businesses, and savers are getting nothing. Not that I think 'property developer' is real economy, but...

High Frequency Trading is screwing us, and our pension funds.

Our taxes are being used against us, including for bailing out banks.

The country needs an 'infrastructure bank' which will lend to viable businesses!

The banking system is a cancer.

It is where the free market leads you. There is no money to be made by making stuff and selling it as the free market has sucked all the purchasing power from the 99%. All that is left is to confiscate their assets through usury and the project will be complete.