House Price Crash Forum

J.p. Morgan's Dimon Slashes Home Price

OMG

HOLA441
In what might be labeled a fire sale, J.P. Morgan CEO Jamie Dimon has chopped the asking price for his Chicago home by more than 25%.

We’ve previously written about Mr. Dimon’s trouble selling the regal 13,500-square-foot home with eight-bedrooms and nine-bathrooms. Several years ago, Mr. Dimon was asking $13.5 million, but it was priced at $9.5 million earlier this year. Now, it’s $6.95 million. Mr. Dimon can still come out ahead: He paid $4.68 million in 2000.

“They’re trying to make a bold move to get ahead of the market,” Jim Kinney, vice president of luxury sales for Baird & Warner, a residential brokerage in Chicago tells Bloomberg News. “This time next year, that house is not going to be on the market. They’re going to find whatever it takes to get it sold.”

The home built in 1870 boasts a chef’s kitchen, a workout room that includes a steam room, a rooftop terrace and staff quarters. But be warned: The listing pictures were taken when the house was furnished. Mr. Dimon hasn’t lived there since 2004 when he relocated to Manhattan after the J.P. Morgan Chase’s merger with Bank One, where he had been chairman and CEO.

Link

It's a big old lump. Wouldn't want to pay the heating bills.

HOLA442
HOLA443

Nice house. Not a patch on some of the £15 million+ boxes being sold in London. I particularly like Victorian basements converted to olympic-size swimming pools. If you're going to do opulence, you may as well do it properly, although this isn't olympic-sized:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-26348344.html

Is that bath suspended in space? Is that what shedloads buys you nowadays, a hoverbath?

HOLA444
HOLA445

Either that, or it's resting on an invisibility plinth.

Honestly. Regardless of it's mysterious levitation abilities, it is not a bath. They are adjacent his 'n' hers sinks so that you can wash your pits whilst your nearest and dearest brushes their teeth.

It's the latest romantic craze for millionaires, y'know. Me and the wife do it too, but we have to share a single sink.

The bath would be the white bath-shaped thing on the left.

HOLA446
HOLA447

Nice house. Not a patch on some of the £15 million+ boxes being sold in London. I particularly like Victorian basements converted to olympic-size swimming pools. If you're going to do opulence, you may as well do it properly, although this isn't olympic-sized:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-26348344.html

Are you saying if you had £13 mill to blow on a place, you would buy that?

HOLA448

Are you saying if you had £13 mill to blow on a place, you would buy that?

Ha ha, a basement in the most polluted part of London. I have lived in Marylebone, nice as it is, the constant film of grime is gross, worse place to be is a basement.

HOLA449

Ha ha, a basement in the most polluted part of London. I have lived in Marylebone, nice as it is, the constant film of grime is gross, worse place to be is a basement.

:)

If I had £13mill to spend, the last place on earth I would buy a house to live in would be London. That said, I guess if I had "earned" that money, I would likely be a banksta, so perhaps I would live in London. So assuming my numbers came up in the lotto...