House Price Crash Forum

Euro Worth More Than Sterling

Laura

HOLA441

I can hardly believe what I have just been sent.

Feverish bidding on a very popular auction site; euros must be in short supply.

Psst. Don't forget to add the £1 postage......for each note

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/5-Euro-Note-left-over-from-holiday_W0QQitemZ320577470015QQcategoryZ3173QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp4340.m263QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DDLSL%252BSIC%26its%3DI%26itu%3DUCI%252BIA%252BUA%252BIEW%252BFICS%252BUFI%26otn%3D8%26pmod%3D220655330540%252B220655330540%26po%3D%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D6290559812300914059#ht_500wt_1154

EDIT:- I forgot 'forget'

Edited by Laura

HOLA442

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

Check out the completed items.

http://completed.shop.ebay.co.uk/Banknotes-/58507/i.html?MA2ShowItems&_trksid=p3286.c0.m283&_rdc=1&rt=nc&_fln=1&_nkw=euro+note&_dmpt=UK_Coins_Banknotes_GL&_catref=1&LH_Complete=1&guest=1

especially the ones with identical descriptions.

Even at those prices, with postage at 95p+, when an envelope and stamp cost 50p...

What time does the post office round the corner open tomorrow morning?

HOLA447

I think that listing and commission fees would cut into profits somewhat.

However, with stupidity like that, there must be some way I can stop working for a living!

I can't believe anyone goes to get Euros when an account with Nationwide or Santander can get you spot rate commission free at a million ATMs in Europe. But I have had conversations with people telling them this, yet they still prefer to get screwed by a Bureau de Change.

Amazing.

HOLA448

I can't believe anyone goes to get Euros when an account with Nationwide or Santander can get you spot rate commission free at a million ATMs in Europe. But I have had conversations with people telling them this, yet they still prefer to get screwed by a Bureau de Change.

No more. Nationwide now charge 2% plus a £1 fee for ATM withdrawals abroad.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Which card is that, please?

...ask at your Post Office...they were always flogging it when using their counters on the free commission forex basis:

http://www.moneysupermarket.com/c/travel-money/money-saving/tips/

Moneysupermarket.com recommends...

So with all these alternatives what do we suggest you do? Well generally, we'd say opt for a credit card or travel currency card as your main source of travel money, when travelling abroad. Choose one that doesn't charge loading fees. Currently the Post Office comes out on top in the credit card category with no commission charge for use abroad. If you can't be bothered applying for a new card then do not use them for cash withdrawals unless you really need to. That is why we also suggest taking cash with you for small ticket items - such as buying drinks and for transport. Change your cash before you travel and be sure to shop around to get the best exchange rates. As a back up, for security, you might also consider travellers cheques and prepaid cards in case of emergencies. Good luck and enjoy your trip!