Ftse250 Hits Yet Another Alltime Record High

penbat1

HOLA441
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

The Dow is back to where it was 5 years ago.Since that time Gold has doubled in value.If you had stocks in the Dow you lost 20per cent of your investment.If you had gold you gained 80 per cent after inflation.

The market is driven by US politics.Sooner or later you will have to face the forces of the market.Gold will then soar.The dow rise is political and it will not last.

The trend is your friend.

HOLA443

The Dow is back to where it was 5 years ago.Since that time Gold has doubled in value.If you had stocks in the Dow you lost 20per cent of your investment.If you had gold you gained 80 per cent after inflation.

The market is driven by US politics.Sooner or later you will have to face the forces of the market.Gold will then soar.The dow rise is political and it will not last.

The trend is your friend.

Not disagreeing with you. the FTSE100 has significantly underperformed even the Dow although the FTSE250 has done quite a lot better than the Dow.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

OH MY GOD FTSE250 is doing its nut again today. Anyone understand why it has out performed the FTSE100 for years and still does ?

I'm very basic at this as i only started investing in august (defensive stocks) but the first book i read said that mid caps perform better than large caps when confidence is high, i guess they have more room for growth etc,

but when confidence is low there is a "flight to quality" and large caps will outperform mid and small caps.

Equity stalwarts feel free to flame me.

---edit to add

I've just realised i don't even know if the ftse250 is full of mid caps or not! oh crap i'm gonna lose loads!

Edited by slurms mackenzie

HOLA447
  • 1 month later...
HOLA448
HOLA449