House Price Crash Forum

Why Do Young People Lie Under Oath In Court ?

Daft Boy

HOLA441

I was a witness for the prosecution in court last week. The trial lasted from 9am till 6pm. Throughout that time every single witness, defence and prosecution , lied through their teeth under oath. Not only did they lie but they went into the realms of total fantasy. Every witness was under the age of 40. It was an important case for the defendant. If found guilty he would never work again in his chosen field and would have for the first time in his life a criminal record. Even though I was a witness for the prosecution it was my testimony that brought about the correct verdict of not guilty. The defence barrister came up to me afterwards and joked about it. I was the only one in the court that knew no one in the case and was the only person who had actually witnessed the complete event and had no axe to grind. Even the defendant started to lie in the end when he thought he was about to be found guilty for something that was not true. All I did was tell the truth under oath. Had I not been in court that day another innocent man would have been found guilty. Why do young people lie under oath ? is it a knock on effect from dating and networking sites ? or is it a complete lack of moral fibre ?

HOLA442

They do it to support there own... Some socio economic groups are more prone. Some people do to it to the level where they cannot tell the true in any situation, they lie because it is normal even when it isnt 'needed'

HOLA443

I was a witness for the prosecution in court last week. The trial lasted from 9am till 6pm. Throughout that time every single witness, defence and prosecution , lied through their teeth under oath. Not only did they lie but they went into the realms of total fantasy. Every witness was under the age of 40. It was an important case for the defendant. If found guilty he would never work again in his chosen field and would have for the first time in his life a criminal record. Even though I was a witness for the prosecution it was my testimony that brought about the correct verdict of not guilty. The defence barrister came up to me afterwards and joked about it. I was the only one in the court that knew no one in the case and was the only person who had actually witnessed the complete event and had no axe to grind. Even the defendant started to lie in the end when he thought he was about to be found guilty for something that was not true. All I did was tell the truth under oath. Had I not been in court that day another innocent man would have been found guilty. Why do young people lie under oath ? is it a knock on effect from dating and networking sites ? or is it a complete lack of moral fibre ?

coppers are getting younger all the time, it seems.

HOLA444
HOLA445

I dunno if it has always been thus but I am finding more and more that people are far more 'economical' with the truth shall we say.

Our previous estate agents caused us no end of shit at the end of a tenancy not to long ago when it transpired she had been lying through her teeth to our landlord and us resulting in a lengthy TDS dispute and general all round ballache.

I went to buy a bed the other day and the sales patter that the besuited spiv gave me was some of the most irritating and tedious hard-sell ******** I have heard in a long time and delivered in a manner that one would expect if scoring some dope off a dealer. Needless to say I didn't buy it, I liked the bed put was so put off that I couldn't bring myself to hand over my cash to such a consumate ******** artist.

My thoughts are that it has recently become the 'in thing' to be a conniving little turd and is generally considered de rigueur to anyone wanting to mercilessly barge their way up the ladder. One watch of The Apprentice et al is enough to convince me that this is the train of thought for many an aspiring corporate bum-licker.

As for being in a court, from what I have seen and heard in the general public I'd be a very worried man if my freedom/job was in the hands of my peers.

HOLA446

How do you know they were not telling the trueth?

Were you in the court when they gave there evidence?

Because I was the only one to witness the entire incident. I was the third on in the morning and sat in court for the rest of the day. The first two prosecution witnesses were shown to have conspired before making police statements and their accounts were dismissed by the court.

HOLA447

It's a sign of our current society [and in your case, the town you live in and its inhabitants' mental powers]. We all know that the truth to some people is what they want to tell you, or what you want to hear. So it's never absolute for some people.

HOLA448

They do it to support there own... Some socio economic groups are more prone. Some people do to it to the level where they cannot tell the true in any situation, they lie because it is normal even when it isnt 'needed'

I was really taken aback just how brazen they were. They must have had drama lessons in keeping their faces straight.

HOLA449
HOLA4410

Our previous estate agents caused us no end of shit at the end of a tenancy not to long ago when it transpired she had been lying through her teeth to our landlord and us resulting in a lengthy TDS dispute and general all round ballache

Perhaps influenced by your avatar, I thought at first this was a French word that I hadn't come across before, rhyming with panache. I've got it now though.

HOLA4411

It's a sign of our current society [and in your case, the town you live in and its inhabitants' mental powers]. We all know that the truth to some people is what they want to tell you, or what you want to hear. So it's never absolute for some people.

But surely I wont come in your mouth (opportunist) is different to lieing under oath (perjury)

HOLA4412

But surely I wont come in your mouth (opportunist) is different to lieing under oath (perjury)

I guess it is. After all, perjury gets you 14 days in prison...'I won't come in your mouth' only gets your d*** bitten off.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416

I was really taken aback just how brazen they were. They must have had drama lessons in keeping their faces straight.

who do you mix with in the real world? It effects a proportion of the population more than others, the same proportion that need to lie to get a free house, money, doctors notes etc etc. If your single mix it up a little, date/hookup outside of your normal group of friends and people you normally meet but keep your wits about you as anything is possible...

HOLA4417

Prosecution barrister to defence witness : You said in your police statement that the 32 tonne artic appeared from nowhere like a bullet from a gun . Do you still stand by that. Witness : Most certainly. Barrister : But the tachograph shows a speed of just 12mph. Witness: So ?. Barrister : the court has heard today from an expert witness who has stated that to reach the position some 60 metres away from a standing start the 32 tonne artic would needed to have reached a top speed of over 170 mph. Witness : Just like I told the police officer, like a speeding bullet.

This was one of the more credible witness's

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

Older people lie in court under oath as well. It is nothing new.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421

Older people lie in court under oath as well. It is nothing new.

Quite.

It was some years ago now, but my first experience of the law, older people lying in court etc was some years ago when, at the tender age of 19 I was run over (when I was acting in a legal safe and circumspect way) by a hit and run driver. Both myself and another teenaged lad who happened to be passing got full descriptions of the perp. when it eventually came to court the middle aged, apparently 'respectable' driver lied and contradicted his way through his evidence. 'I wasnt there. He was doing something that made me think he wasnt paying care [which cross examination of me would have revealed was not possible], When I looked in my mirror he was OK so I drove on). He was not taken up on any of his contradictions and his word believed over the two teenagers, who both told the truth throughout.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423

In modern society unrestrained by older social, moral and religious codes or doctrine they lie to themselves all the time to rationalise their own behaviour. They retrospectively engineer backstories to events that allow them to justify their own bad behaviour which they consciously or sub-conciously know to be wrong.

How many people do you ever meet who accept responsibility for say a relationship breaking up or anything for that matter, They can never accept responsibility or admit to any wrong. To do so would bring the whole fragile edifice of their own mental well-being crashing down.

They're well versed in lying, they do it in their heads all the time, to get them through the day.

HOLA4424
Guest X-QUORK

Perhaps influenced by your avatar, I thought at first this was a French word that I hadn't come across before, rhyming with panache. I've got it now though.

:lol::lol::lol:

I'll have a drop of the Ballache '97 if I may?

HOLA4425

Archived