House Price Crash Forum

Can’t Wait For The House Price Crash?

HOLA441

This is one of the most entertaining threads I have read. It's not only funny but also tackles some very interesting points.

First of all - I think that in todays society you have to think of No. 1. There are too many people out there shafting you everyday. "Combine your Gas and Electric and save money" - most of the time its more expensive, eventually.

I am a FTB and have a GOOD deposit and have a decent JOINT - I'll repeat that JOINT income. I CAN afford something but I am 37 now and GF 28. We want children so I have to buy a house that is a little bit future proof. The prices today I can JUST about afford as a joint income, but when GF is pregnant and on maternity I will struggle. In other words, because of GREED by EA's and some sellers reluctant to revise prices I cannot take the risk.

House prices (certainly here in Liverpool) are shocking. YES I want a crash, partly for myself. All's I want is a place to live and start a family. But we have to think of the future of OUR children. Debt is so easy to get into but hard to get out of.

Let's say they drop 40% over 5 years - that's too long for me. If they were to drop 10-15% I would then buy, just to drop the mortgage payment that 10-15%.

Do you not think the EA's and Sellers are thinking ONLY OF THEMSELVES?

Lets be honest, the housing market has had it good for years - NOW ITS PAYBACK!! ;)

HOLA442
Does ANYONE on this site actually have an opinion which isn't linked to their own selfish interests? ie: Is there anyone here who actually thinks, as a matter of DESIRABILITY for the good of all, that house prices are just too much PER SE, not just because they themselves want to buy at the bottom and make a quick buck just like the Bulls they slag off.

I ask this because I am beginning to believe that everyone has their own personal vested interest and we are all playing the same game, except we happen to be at different points on the circle.

I will declare my vested interest: I have no need of, or desire to, own a flashy home. I work for a living and every penny I have is made by me, and have received not one penny profit from property, investments, inheritance or favours. I am reasonably secure but I do not have an "ideal" place to live. However I consider that I am extremely wealthy compared with 99% of the world's population.

I think property is over-vauled by a factor of two. The world would be a better place if property was a incidental part of life, not a reason for living.

DOES ANYONE here actually want prices to drop through reasons APART from their own?

VP

I want to see low property prices because then people would be free to pursue their own interests rather than being wage slaves and consequently often stressed and miserable.

Housing has simply become a vehicle to shift bigger and bigger loans onto people's shoulders.

... and society is terribly worse off because of it.

HOLA443

trouble is whit said council housing - people get called chavs and losers if they reside there.

id opt for shot 8 house mini plots on brown field sites. no larger than that and i would still offer the option to buy at a discount after 3 years good tenancy.

then id instruct all stormtroopers to round up known subversives and instigators.

HOLA444
Everything you will ever do is selfish in nature otherwise you wouldnt do it.

Once again i wish people would just accept how thier brain works and work with it. To many people on this planet pretending.

The Chuz

your honesty is refreshing. Of course we are all animals to some extent, but what separates us from the other species on earth is our ability to rise above our base instincts and be truly human. Try it. Help out an old lady, put yourself out for no other reason than to make someone else feel good. Offer your girlfriend a no strings attached massage.

You will find that the pleasure you get is in excess of what you gave. Life doesn't have to be a zero sum game. You can create good will where none existed before.

If you don't even try, you will die a miserable ****. :)