House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Once in a lifetime

Can’t Wait For The House Price Crash?

Feeling down?

Can’t wait for the house price crash?

Need cheering up?

If you have an hour spare one evening, and you’re an unscrupulous bast*rd that hates EA’s. try this.

1. Phone and book a viewing to see a property that’s been on the market a loooong time.

2. The property must be one you would not want to buy at any price because it’s a

sh*t hole.

3. Tell the EA that you only want to view ‘that’ property and no other.

4. Tell the EA you’re a cash buyer.

5. Don’t allow the EA to ‘tap’ you for any further information regarding property purchase,

deflect it with questions about ‘said’ property.

6. Be polite when being show around the property, show an interest but don’t act too

excited about it. Be business like.

7. After being shown around make sure you get the vendor and the EA facing you

for the climax so you can study their faces.

8. Ask in a cool calm controlled voice “what is the absolute minimum they would accept!”

9. Don’t commit to anything, say you will get in touch.

10. Savour the moment.

I asked this during the last crash when it became a ‘buyer’s market’ to every property

I viewed with intention of buying.

The look on the faces of the vendors and EAs at the bare face cheek of it, is priceless.

It’s one you don’t get to see in a Bull market.

1. Shock

2. Indignant

3. Anger

4. Stress

5. Pleading eyes

6. Then a realisation that you got them by the balls.

If you are down this will pick you up.

But it is a very childish thing to do.

:rolleyes:

Feeling down?

Need cheering up?

"If you have an hour spare one evening, and you’re an unscrupulous bast*rd that hates EA’s. try this..."

What do all you housepricecrashers who sit on this site all day, spouting all this stuff, actually do for a living? And when you actually buy your own places, be it now or 'after the crash', will you still go on like it? (And no, I'm not an estate agent!)

Feeling down?

Need cheering up?

"If you have an hour spare one evening, and you’re an unscrupulous bast*rd that hates EA’s. try this..."

What do all you housepricecrashers who sit on this site all day, spouting all this stuff, actually do for a living? And when you actually buy your own places, be it now or 'after the crash', will you still go on like it? (And no, I'm not an estate agent!)

Smile though your heart is aching ;)

ok, ive never bought a house before, but isnt this what everybody does when they buy a house or anything expensive?

I know the English are supposed to have some sort of built-in cultural stupidity which makes them pay the asking price for things without haggling, but really. Is it for real?!

ok, ive never bought a house before, but isnt this what everybody does when they buy a house or anything expensive?

I know the English are supposed to have some sort of built-in cultural stupidity which makes them pay the asking price for things without haggling, but really. Is it for real?!"

I find this site fascinating (good for price news), but am going to have to stop visiting the forums as I think some of it a bit extreme in opinion, and it makes me depressed.

I am paying nowhere near the asking price for the house that we are currently buying (we are second time buyers, relocating). We have got a very good discount and are buying a house we would not even look at six months ago as it was out of our range. I think that now is a really good time for any buyers to haggle the price down. There are lots of people desperate to sell at the moment.

Perhaps, just perhaps, if you wait longer for this 'crash' you may be waiting for something that doesn't happen.

Or perhaps there will suddenly be a rush on to buy all these cheaper housepricecrashed houses and you won't get one without a fight! (I can do without fighting over a house.)

Who knows?

I'll get it in now... AWOOGA!... before 'they' do. (Apparently I'm a reverse troll too, whatever that means.)

Smile though your heart is aching

Smile even though it’s breaking

When there are clouds in the sky, you’ll get by

If you smile through your fear and sorrow

Smile and maybe tomorrow

You’ll see the sun come shining through for you

Light up your face with gladness

Hide every trace of sadness

Although a tear may be ever so near

That’s the time you must keep on trying

Smile, what’s the use of crying?

You’ll find that life is still worthwhile

If you just smile

<instrumental interlude>

That’s the time you must keep on trying

Smile, what’s the use of crying?

You’ll find that life is still worthwhile

If you just smile. :)

gallery-1112594860-msg-27092-2.jpg

BUT..BUT… IT’S WORTH ITS’ MONEY…. HONESTLY…!

I know the English are supposed to have some sort of built-in cultural stupidity which makes them pay the asking price for things without haggling, but really. Is it for real?!"

I find this site fascinating (good for price news), but am going to have to stop visiting the forums as I think some of it a bit extreme in opinion, and it makes me depressed.

I am paying nowhere near the asking price for the house that we are currently buying (we are second time buyers, relocating). We have got a very good discount and are buying a house we would not even look at six months ago as it was out of our range. I think that now is a really good time for any buyers to haggle the price down. There are lots of people desperate to sell at the moment.

Perhaps, just perhaps, if you wait longer for this 'crash' you may be waiting for something that doesn't happen.

Or perhaps there will suddenly be a rush on to buy all these cheaper housepricecrashed houses and you won't get one without a fight! (I can do without fighting over a house.)

Who knows?

I'll get it in now... AWOOGA!... before 'they' do. (Apparently I'm a reverse troll too, whatever that means.)

Good for you scruffy, sometimes I don't say what I think because I know that it will be slated. I see myself as neither bear nor bull, preferring to just act in the way I feel best for my circumstances.

I too visit this site for information on prices, especially the news section, although I suppose I could subscribe to the rss feed. Often there are very good posts and graphs and good discussions of market conditions.

What does depress me though is that it can get too vindictive and lose any connection with the housing market or common sense.

Anyway, I expect to be called a troll or estate agent, which is a good way to try to shut people up.

Thanks to all the informative posters that I read here though, with reasoned arguments and information

Who knows?

If you've got a good deal on your new house, and you've managed to flog the old one, don't get depressed by something posted in cyberspace!

I'm sure it'll work out just fine. If you've borrowed within your means, and are looking to move up the "ladder" you'll probably benefit from a gradual easing in prices.

I think this was meant more as a light relief thread rather than a call to arms.

/G

Guest Bart of Darkness

If it isn't happening right now, how come

We have got a very good discount and are buying a house we would not even look at six months ago as it was out of our range.

For the umpteenth time:

A crash takes years not months or weeks.

If you are looking at houses that were out of your range 6 months ago, doesn't that suggest that prices are begining to come down?

This is the crash that we at HPC were waiting for. If it follows the pattern of the last one, expect several years of gradually declining prices (1% a month is considered to be the average "speed" of a crashing market)

I'm not sure what a "reverse troll" is but I can spot an ordinary one easily enough. :P

From what I have read Scuffy, It looks like you have just purchased and are a bit

scared of your choice. You feel you have a good deal with your house but the little voices inside (Gut Feeling) is that they will fall further.

So what will be difficult for you is purchasing now and knowing about the impending HPC.

You have made your decision, and I respect you for it. My choice is to wait.

Regards

Ace

Feeling down?

Need cheering up?

Hi Scruffy

I know what you mean - I'm thinking of a starting a self-help thread for HPC addicts! I think some of it is that a lot of people will be in a minority in their circle in not owning places and have in the past few years come to feel like heretics. In about 1999 I learned to stop saying "I'm sorry, you paid what, for WHAT... WHERE?!!" Pretty much everyone I know is invested - in more sense than one - in the property market - I don't want to badmouth their homes. Here, though, you can let it all rip and laugh your **** off about how nuts it all is. It's a real relief. Ok, maybe tormenting estate agents is a bit extreme, but it's keeping him off the streets - 'there are worse things he could do', to paraphrase Rizzo.

Does ANYONE on this site actually have an opinion which isn't linked to their own selfish interests? ie: Is there anyone here who actually thinks, as a matter of DESIRABILITY for the good of all, that house prices are just too much PER SE, not just because they themselves want to buy at the bottom and make a quick buck just like the Bulls they slag off.

I ask this because I am beginning to believe that everyone has their own personal vested interest and we are all playing the same game, except we happen to be at different points on the circle.

I will declare my vested interest: I have no need of, or desire to, own a flashy home. I work for a living and every penny I have is made by me, and have received not one penny profit from property, investments, inheritance or favours. I am reasonably secure but I do not have an "ideal" place to live. However I consider that I am extremely wealthy compared with 99% of the world's population.

I think property is over-vauled by a factor of two. The world would be a better place if property was a incidental part of life, not a reason for living.

DOES ANYONE here actually want prices to drop through reasons APART from their own?

VP

Edited by VacantPossession

Does ANYONE on this site actually have an opinion which isn't linked to their own selfish interests? ie: Is there anyone here who actually thinks, as a matter of DESIRABILITY for the good of all, that house prices are just too much PER SE, not just because they themselves want to buy at the bottom and make a quick buck just like the Bulls they slag off.

I ask this because I am beginning to believe that everyone has their own personal vested interest and we are all playing the same game, except we happen to be at different points on the circle.

I will declare my vested interest: I have no need of, or desire to, own a flashy home. I work for a living and every penny I have is made by me, and have received not one penny profit from property, investments, inheritance or favours. I am reasonably secure but I do not have an "ideal" place to live. However I consider that I am extremely wealthy compared with 99% of the world's population.

I think property is over-vauled by a factor of two. The world would be a better place if property was a incidental part of life, not a reason for living.

DOES ANYONE here actually want prices to drop through reasons APART from their own?

VP

Yes. My place is worth (ha,ha) over half-a-mill and I have no mortgage, I have six figure savings starting with a 2 yet I would love to see the whole thing collapse and get back to basics. Warm beer, cricket on the green and NO F...ING cars everywhere, no chavs, no crime, no losers, NO HPI, no debt etc.. In fact in my ideal world I would be a Spitfire Pilot 60 years ago, when men were men and I wasn't!!

Sorry girly binge drinking talk.

VP

I hope this qualifies as a reason APART from my own.

I want to see an HPC because I have 2 adult children who don't have a hope in hell of buying homes of their own at current prices.

My wife and I were in similar circumstances in the 80's when the last bubble was running it's course.

We waited, rented and saved all we could until '95 when we found we were able to buy a 5 year old house for £10k less than it cost new. We jumped at it and have never regretted the decision.

We don't care what the house is valued at now, it means nothing as the house is our home, we don't want to sell it.

I just hope sanity prevails and there is a correction in house prices.

Cheers.

VP

Do you have kids or grandchildren nearing that time of life when they need to raise a family? If you have the answer is obvious, unless you want them working for the banks for the rest of their lives.

Well I am disappointed with you lot, only a couple of posters rallied to the defence

Of the Estate Agents.

I can only conclude that we’re all a bunch of bigoted, uncaring, selfish and mean

People, that don’t deserve the services of such fine professionals.

So maybe it’s a good time to arrange this years August bank holiday weekends

Flash mob outing.

I would like to forward a suggestion that this year we flash mod Waltham Abbey’s

Chain of Estate agents. Of course it would have to be put to the vote again.

But I feel with seven of the buggers all in a line down Rochford Avenue

The location would be ideal for the event.

(Not forgetting 12 pubs in one square mile.)

Suggestions:

;)

VP

I certainly think that housing is a national asset which should be shielded to some extent from the clutches of capitalism. Like the postal service, roads, water, electricity etc it is a part of our national infrastructure which is essential for the proper functioning of society and the economy.

The fact that so much energy is devoted to it is disgraceful. In a country as wealthy as the UK we should take adequate, affordable housing for granted so that we can apply our knowledge, skills and enthusiasm to real wealth and social good creating activities.

Very few people posting here want to be property millionaires. They simply want somewhere adequate to live so they can make a decent contribution to some of the higher ideals of a so-called civilised country.

Feeling down?

Need cheering up?

I spend umm maybe a little to much time on here but, i work a continental shift pattern 2 weeks about , earlies, lates, then nights - 12 hour shifts to boot. Oh and lucky me i get to go to work at 6am on Sunday for overtime.

Im also studying Psychology, Electonic engineering and doing a degree in IT + Comp.

I probably wont be here after the crash, i will be off somewhere in my Lotus.

Guest Charlie The Tramp
I certainly think that housing is a national asset which should be shielded to some extent from the clutches of capitalism. Like the postal service, roads, water, electricity etc it is a part of our national infrastructure which is essential for the proper functioning of society and the economy.

That went out of the window when Thatcher came to power, to many rich pickings for her friends, the day it became the I`m alright Jack every man for himself society. Anyone who thinks this can now change lives in cloud cuckoo land.

That went out of the window when Thatcher came to power, to many rich pickings for her friends, the day it became the I`m alright Jack every man for himself society. Anyone who thinks this can now change lives in cloud cuckoo land.

I think it will change - everything does eventually. Unfortunately I doubt any of us will be here to see it. So, cloud cuckoo land indeed, at least for a few generations.

Everything you will ever do is selfish in nature otherwise you wouldnt do it.

Once again i wish people would just accept how thier brain works and work with it. To many people on this planet pretending.

Everything you will ever do is selfish in nature otherwise you wouldnt do it.

Once again i wish people would just accept how thier brain works and work with it. To many people on this planet pretending.

Chuz,

And Here's me thinking prentending makes the world go round. Fantasy beats realism, that's a female trait that got us in this mess.