House Price Crash Forum

Seeing Major Price Falls In W Wales

HOLA441

Where did I go wrong? When I was in school it was the guys who "failed" their A Levels that ended up working for "planning" in the local authority, or went into the police force.

These guys are laughing all the way to easy street nowadays and I'm the d@ckhead who's still working hard, with a craapy pension etc.

Yep, these past 10 years distorted not only house prices, but many other areas, and some deep, fundamental areas of our economy and also society. The problems are much deeper than just house prices. There is a deep unfairness now, distorting the... our whole lives.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

For example - detached house on at over 210k just sold at 160k - and seeing this all over the place in Ceredigion, Carmarthenshire, Pembrokeshire. Some recovery!

Excellent, more cheap holiday homes and investment properties for us affluent, hardworking English to snap up :-)

Edited by Grime- skint wouldbe ftb

HOLA443
HOLA444

+1.

In 2000 you could by semis in this area for £45,000, now they are £150,000, and that's supposed to be after a "crash". These people have no hope and like most people I talk to have a completely different mental landscape now where they do not even consider the idea of home ownership.

Country living is highly desirable. I don't think you can expect to do it on "loser" salaries of £10k and £14k.

They should move to a city and let go of the dream like most do.