House Price Crash Forum

Zopa

MrB

HOLA441

I have 12K and just checked my lending month average rates. They started falling in November and plummeted in December.

In terms of rapid return not many are exercising this option. I have purchased 1 part paid loan since the scheme started. I suppose the inrush of new cash is as a result of the option being there.

Need to start plugging zopa laons to my indebted mates ;)

True - the rates for unsecured borrowers on zopa are pretty competitive compared the rates advertised in the press.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

True - the rates for unsecured borrowers on zopa are pretty competitive compared the rates advertised in the press.

I have sent the tell a friend link to 3 friends who recently said they were borrowing money for a new car. I have offered them half my £50 reward if they take the loan with ZOPA through my recommendation.

Everyone a winner! :D

• 4 months later...
HOLA443
HOLA444
  • 6 months later...
HOLA445
HOLA446

Yeah I've noticed the returns on Zopa have just plummeted in the last couple of months - usually money I get paid back gets lent out straight away, but I keep having to go on and massively lowering the lending rates to get money lent out now!

Guessing it's a combination of reduced demand for loads and more people looking to get a decent return on their savings.

Still some way to go until it's not worth bothering with however.

HOLA447

I took my money out of it via fast return - ended up marginally ahead on nearly a year's lending.

Could see interest rates trending down, and wasn't convinced that those i'd lent money to now would still be in a position to repay in 3/5 years time.

Basically, nice idea but still see TSHTF sometime and don't really want to be a lender at that moment.