House Price Crash Forum

I Felt Like Having A Rant Today...

HOLA441
it's easy to generalise, and i agree with your sentiment (OP), but circumstances are different for us all.

Its all the sweeping statements and generalisations that bug me... this is a country of 60 million people!! And I'm not just trying to stir, this is serious business. People reading this site are wondering whether they should make huge life-changing decisions. The whole "if you buy before I do you're an idiot" thing is just as dangerous as the whole pre-crash "buy now or you'll miss the boat" nonsense. Do what's right for you and don't overstretch financially.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
Well you asked so don't get twisted. :lol:

OK, I think you're probably in your 30's or older.

You had a wife but she jacked you in for somebody else and you pay the CSA most of your wages.

You left school with a few CSE's and probably work as a Bingo caller in the local amusement arcade.

You've got a massive chip on your shoulder and you hate anyone who drives cars newer than T reg.

You slag off homeowners but if you ever won the lottery and had the chance to own you'd be worse than any Bull on this site. Oh and you'd slag your bear mates right off.

You won't remarry but you live with a bird who's got 2 kids and the Dad doesn't pay maintainance.

You're in the pit of despair. Everytime you try to clambour out some landlord or yuppie kicks you back down.

You're a broken man.

The end.

Well, of your life that is. Beachy Head awaits. :lol:

Hate to admit it but that made me laugh...even though you are a tw@ and SO wrong Sibley ;)

HOLA443
Its all the sweeping statements and generalisations that bug me... this is a country of 60 million people!! And I'm not just trying to stir, this is serious business. People reading this site are wondering whether they should make huge life-changing decisions. The whole "if you buy before I do you're an idiot" thing is just as dangerous as the whole pre-crash "buy now or you'll miss the boat" nonsense. Do what's right for you and don't overstretch financially.

it's fair that the OP does sound a bit stressed -this is a place where people tend to let off steam a fair bit - I am far far mopre careful what I say in the normal world, so to speak, so you have a fair point

the emotive has to be balanced against a number of things, of course, and as you say it is an individual's choice

HOLA444
So does these two instances directly correlate to be reflective of what you would expect to cop for all rented properties?

Are the "tenants from hell" a bear straw man argument?

that'll be a straw bear....

(and yes, it is - fact remains that chap sorted a s*dding good deal for himself)