House Price Crash Forum
TheCountOfNowhere

I Felt Like Having A Rant Today...

I've you've bought into this housing market rally recently and bought a house thinking things are going to go back up and one day you'll make lots of money out it ( cause they said it was a good idea on the tele ).

WHAT THE F**K ARE YOU DOING.,

LOOK AT WHAT YOU JUST BOUGHT FOR SEVERAL HUNDRED THOUSAND POUNDS. LOOK AT IT. STAND BACK AND LOOK AT IT.

Do you really think it will double in price.

Do you really think you GOT A BARGAIN ?

Wouldn't you rather house prices were reasonably prices so you had more money in your pocket every month ?

It might be affordable, but will it be when you have lost your job or interest rates go to 10% ?

Do you believe everything you are told ?

I fear you do.

Sorry, preaching to the converted I know.,

It had to be said though,

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

The relentless pressure from the BBC, Channel 4, Daily Express etc. etc. to buy buy buy, don't miss the boat, once in a lifetime opportunity, get on the ladder now or you will never own, only losers rent, don't pay somebody else's mortage, buy another to rent out, spend spend spend.

You need a modicum of independent thinking to rise above this, not everybody can do that.

I might copy and paste your rant in to an e mail to my brother.

35k left on Mortgage...should have it paid off in 5 years thanks to my little renting friends...Little lesbo couple but they are sweet and allways pay the rent on time.

TBH Im really in two minds wether to sell now and put the proceeds into bank shares......it's a toughy

I might copy and paste your rant in to an e mail to my brother.

I think everyone on here should do the same.

(I mean, send to someone you know not Concrete Jungle's brother )

The internet is more powerful than the one TV channel or a rag news paper. It's time people woke up to this pyramid selling scam.

Sure we all need a roof over our head,, but it shouldnt cost the earth and it shouldnt be allowed to be about making money.

Compulsory purchase BTL properties and give families a cheap affordable oplace to stay.( my rant continues ),

I've you've bought into this housing market rally recently and bought a house thinking things are going to go back up and one day you'll make lots of money out it ( cause they said it was a good idea on the tele ).

LOOK AT WHAT YOU JUST BOUGHT FOR SEVERAL HUNDRED THOUSAND POUNDS. LOOK AT IT. STAND BACK AND LOOK AT IT.

Do you really think it will double in price.

Do you really think you GOT A BARGAIN ?

Wouldn't you rather house prices were reasonably prices so you had more money in your pocket every month ?

It might be affordable, but will it be when you have lost your job or interest rates go to 10% ?

Do you believe everything you are told ?

I fear you do.

Sorry, preaching to the converted I know.,

It had to be said though,

Not to me you are not... I suspect you'll find plenty of people who haven't bought for the reasons you think they have ( or for whom money is not the primary motivating factor)..... they may have just said.. prices are down 10%, they might fall a lot further , or a little further, soon or much later... we know that.. we can afford it, we want to own our own home and we can't face renting for a long uncertain period........ don't automatically think that anyone buying recently hasn't thought it though.. many will have made the correct decision for themselves with their eyes wide open... like it or not.

...../

They'll either get it....., or they won't. Seems it's that simple.

35k left on Mortgage...should have it paid off in 5 years thanks to my little renting friends...Little lesbo couple but they are sweet and allways pay the rent on time.

TBH Im really in two minds wether to sell now and put the proceeds into bank shares......it's a toughy

when did you buy?

Does it never occur to people on this site that some people buy houses because they want to move in somewhere, settle down, mess about in the garden. Not everyone is bothered about short selling their homes and their lives to make a few miserable quid a few years down the line, they just want to get on with things.

Whilst this site (in as much as you can give an enitity made of diverse indivuduals a personality or single thought pattern) rails against anyone who has bought a house in the last 10 years for either making a profit or losing a fortune (depending upon which particular rant they are on that day) the rest of the country has been doing as they have always done, home making. A few have been greedy and made a profit, a few have been greedy and find themselves in trouble, some have been lucky or unlucky with their purchases, the vast majority are just sitting at home wondering what all the fuss is about.

I think everyone on here should do the same.

(I mean, send to someone you know not Concrete Jungle's brother )

The internet is more powerful than the one TV channel or a rag news paper. It's time people woke up to this pyramid selling scam.

Sure we all need a roof over our head,, but it shouldnt cost the earth and it shouldnt be allowed to be about making money.

Compulsory purchase BTL properties and give families a cheap affordable oplace to stay.( my rant continues ),

We've just bought (crazy, I know). It will be somewhere to live, somewhere for the kids to grow and learn and have fun. Somewhere to sleep.

Not for the money.

Edited by chunkymunky

Ah. The Jister. Jizzy. El Jizzamino.

Confirming obnoxious landlord stereotypes since the repeal of the Glass-Steagall Act.

Does it never occur to people on this site that some people buy houses because they want to move in somewhere, settle down, mess about in the garden. Not everyone is bothered about short selling their homes and their lives to make a few miserable quid a few years down the line, they just want to get on with things.

Whilst this site (in as much as you can give an enitity made of diverse indivuduals a personality or single thought pattern) rails against anyone who has bought a house in the last 10 years for either making a profit or losing a fortune (depending upon which particular rant they are on that day) the rest of the country has been doing as they have always done, home making. A few have been greedy and made a profit, a few have been greedy and find themselves in trouble, some have been lucky or unlucky with their purchases, the vast majority are just sitting at home wondering what all the fuss is about.

I quite agree.

bought 3 years ago 70% discount ex council flat.

you were a tennant and you exercised right to buy?

or you got a 70% discount off the previous owner - at auction or similar?

Edited by Si1

Most sensible post on this thread so far.

Ah. The Jister. Jizzy. El Jizzamino.

Confirming obnoxious landlord stereotypes since the repeal of the Glass-Steagall Act.

hey...what's happening man!

good to see ya :D

you were a tennant and you exercised right to buy?

or you got a 70% discount off the previous owner - at auction or similar?

I would love to divulge the ins and out...but not on the Inet :D

Most sensible post on this thread so far.

it was fair enough apart from the idea of people "short selling their lives" by refusing to buy. Some appear to have this strange idea that if you rent, you are somehow limiting your quality of life.

I would love to divulge the ins and out...but not on the Inet :D

you've been lucky with excessively low interest rates recently, that's about it then

it was fair enough apart from the idea of people "short selling their lives" by refusing to buy. Some appear to have this strange idea that if you rent, you are somehow limiting your quality of life.

Fair point but by definition STRers have decided that they would prefer to be home owners than renters in the long run so presumably they themselves see some benefits of home ownership over renting? Anyway, the point is most people buy because they want to. Who knows, maybe they spend a lot of time on a different internet forum ranting at STRers?

Edited by Tyler

you've been lucky with excessively low interest rates recently, that's about it then

lol....jeez....I thought me and you were going to get on swell....then you struck a low blow when I was walking back to my corner :lol:

Edited by Jister1

lol....jeez....I thought me and you were going to get on swell....then you struck a low blow when I was walking back to my corner :lol:

wel I thought it was quite factual (and I guessed you were feeling chuffed for getting a good tracker or similar)

to be honest, fair play, there's nothing wrong with doing business, but do watch out for higher interest rates, lower rental income, and w&t