House Price Crash Forum

Roubini Has Just Been Paid To Open His Big Mouth Again

ralphmalph

HOLA441

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Roubini-Usha...set=&ccode=

Roubini.

Beginning of year Great Depression.

March - wait for the next big financial implosion stock markets to tank

June - Double dip recession stock markets will go below previous low 50% falls from here.

Sept - I have been completely worng all year and do not have a clue about what I am talking about but boy do I love being on CNBC with all those nice girls with big hair. So now it is going to be a U shaped recovery.

After calling the credit crunch how much more credibility can the man lose in 12 months.

HOLA442

Roubini.

June - Double dip recession stock markets will go below previous low 50% falls from here.

Sept - I have been completely worng all year and do not have a clue about what I am talking about but boy do I love being on CNBC with all those nice girls with big hair. So now it is going to be a U shaped recovery.

After calling the credit crunch how much more credibility can the man lose in 12 months.

Well, he says a U-shape is "possible" - not even 'likely' or 'probable'. Even he presumably can't see the point of saying "there's nothing we can do about it - we're f***ed"

HOLA443

So this guy, the darling of the board when predicting doom and gloom has currently lost his shine I see... like all these market pundits and chartisits they come and go, inevitably the odd one gets its spectacularly right but then struggles to predict what the lights will go to next after red....... personally I have little time for these media pundits, they have their moment in the sun, get all fluffed up and then eventually realise it was a lucky guess after all.... black swans .. much favoured recently , I suspect have now gone the way of black tulips before them.

HOLA444
HOLA445
So this guy, the darling of the board when predicting doom and gloom has currently lost his shine I see... like all these market pundits and chartisits they come and go, inevitably the odd one gets its spectacularly right but then struggles to predict what the lights will go to next after red....... personally I have little time for these media pundits, they have their moment in the sun, get all fluffed up and then eventually realise it was a lucky guess after all.... black swans .. much favoured recently , I suspect have now gone the way of black tulips before them.

I think Taleb referred to his latest commentary in an interview going back around 6 months-he didn't think he was bearish enough. Ive got to say too that he seems to have been 'got at' by somebody, somewhere because I can no longer see what he is relating to in arriving at these conclusions. At one time he talked a fair bit of sense about the systemic risks though I did not agree with his own prescription for dealing with it. He has gone awry along the lines. Still, everyone has their price I suppose:

Editted to add: Even within this one article he is inconsistent in where he thinks it is going-he is calling it a U shaped recovery but further down what he is describing is a lot more like the L shaped one he originally called.

Edited by stonethecrows

HOLA446

Roubini.

doesnt look u shaped to me

but depends what your measuring GDP in

Total_U.S._Debt_to_GDP.gif

debtcontributions.jpg

post-2696-1252081124_thumb.jpg

post-2696-1252081144_thumb.png

HOLA447
HOLA448
doesnt look u shaped to me

but depends what your measuring GDP in

Total_U.S._Debt_to_GDP.gif

debtcontributions.jpg

Nice graphs

It isn't U shaped because we havent had the recovery yet. Are you saying there will never be a recovery? If the recovery happens in 15years it will still be U shaped. All he is saying is that one day there will be a recovery....probably. I would stick my neck out and say he is right....probably

HOLA449
Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable
He's been all over the place with his predictions.

I'm sure if you could see where his bank deposits were coming from, you might see why.

HOLA4410
Nice graphs

It isn't U shaped because we havent had the recovery yet. Are you saying there will never be a recovery? If the recovery happens in 15years it will still be U shaped. All he is saying is that one day there will be a recovery....probably. I would stick my neck out and say he is right....probably

depends on your gradient for the U

there will be a recovery when the government and the bankers get the hell out of the way, but they are trying to delay the pain of the malinvestment that has already happened and they will make the problem far worse

just like they interfeared in the 30's

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

the problem roubini has, not dissimilar to mainstream economists, is that they don't understand how the modern monetary system works.

That's why in the same breath he would talk about the need for aggressive fiscal stimulus but then the dangers of a double dip based it appears on the risks associated with running large budget deficits.

Well, duhhhhh. How else is agressive fiscal stimulus funded if not throught budget deficits. He's confused. The only risk the G20 is running is not addressing the issue of job creation and employment utilizaiton as part of the stimulus. I don't see a danger of them easing stimlus to soon or not going far enough. Hence no douple dip, only an ubnemployment headache for years.

HOLA4415
Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable
When he is kitted out in Nike kit at the next interview it is going to be the Swoosh shape economy with some Pro V topping and he will keep saying "Make the Difference. Make the Difference."

:lol:

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
More on Roubini:

Daily Telegraph

A nice extract from it...

So no, the lugubrious Nouriel did not strike me as a quitter on this one. By the way, I deplore the spate of recent articles calling him “False Prophet†or worse – combing through everything he has said over the years to expose inconsistencies. The world economy is a fiendishly complicated mechanism. The picture changes all the time as geo-politics intrudes, and market psychology goes through its convulsions. Emergencies call for action that one might abhor in different times. To be rigid is to be mindless.

Roubini has been consistent for a very long time on the one point that matters: that debts were too high, are still too high, and must inflict lasting damage.

HOLA4418
Guest Parry aka GOD

Roubini.

I reckon the old boys' seriously on the drink. A proper juicer. Dragged through hedge backwards is the only way to describe him.