HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
Guest theboltonfury
Not to mention a long wait.

She certainly wouldn't be challenging for a medal.

Her TV show was appalling. It's no wonder that the other one croaked it. They used to drink oil in between takes and fry everything in lard.

HOLA447
HOLA448

In her defence, her and that other Fat Lady's cooking is rather good - none of this mucking about with foreign food.

'Soused Hogs Face' was one of the more interesting dishes they made the other day.

Let's face it I'd rather watch those two posh fat biddies than fat-tounged Oliver poncing about.

HOLA449
In her defence, her and that other Fat Lady's cooking is rather good - none of this mucking about with foreign food.

'Soused Hogs Face' was one of the more interesting dishes they made the other day.

Let's face it I'd rather watch those two posh fat biddies than fat-tounged Oliver poncing about.

It appears that the other Fat Lady has been dead for over ten years: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jennifer_Paterson.

HOLA4410
Guest X-QUORK

I did enjoy their braying posh ways. Any cooking program that starts with "For this dish simply ask your Gilly for 30 hare a day or two in advance...".

HOLA4411
I did enjoy their braying posh ways. Any cooking program that starts with "For this dish simply ask your Gilly for 30 hare a day or two in advance...".

I liked their show. The best cooking show as it wasn't that much about the food. Hairy Bikers is quite good and quite similar.

She's teetotal these days, rich background became ex-alcoholic sleeping at Victoria Station and lost it all (missed the Falklands War and had to ask what the parade was for) partly because of the death of her partner. The TV career came after that which shows some drive!

I like her, even if I strongly disagree with her views on hunting.

HOLA4412
I liked their show. The best cooking show as it wasn't that much about the food. Hairy Bikers is quite good and quite similar.

She's teetotal these days, rich background became ex-alcoholic sleeping at Victoria Station and lost it all (missed the Falklands War and had to ask what the parade was for) partly because of the death of her partner. The TV career came after that which shows some drive!

I suppose she was the right wing equivalent of John Mortimer.As regards cooking programmes I think the best was Floyd. I had an excellent meal at his pub near Totnes about 15 years ago and he was as congenial in real life as he was on the box. Harking back to a previous thread as to why anyone might vote Labour.I give you HooRay Dave's intentions on hunting.I am inclined to vote anti Tory on that alone.

HOLA4413

Confirms my suspicions that they are genuinely old-school very posh. I had an inkling that the darker haired one had died, but didn't realize it was 10 years ago!

She was the youngest ever barrister at age 21. That means she's very very clever too. She claims to have shagged an MP behind the Speaker's Chair too*.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clarissa_Dickson_Wright

edit: * not that you'd think it an even vaguely attractive proposition from her picture, but MPs are a weird lot.

HOLA4414
Guest X-QUORK
Confirms my suspicions that they are genuinely old-school very posh. I had an inkling that the darker haired one had died, but didn't realize it was 10 years ago!

She was the youngest ever barrister at age 21. That means she's very very clever too. She claims to have shagged an MP behind the Speaker's Chair too*.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clarissa_Dickson_Wright

edit: * not that you'd think it an even vaguely attractive proposition from her picture, but MPs are a weird lot.

I can't help but love people like that, the wonderful eccentrics that only Public Schools seem to nurture.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
She was let off by a judge after admitting "attending a Hare coursing event". Anyone who sticks it to the government like that is OK in my book.

Well it's the fact that it's an inoffensive animal like a hare really,a herbivore.A few years back a toerag neighbour had a pit-bull type dog and my son was a toddler.One day when they were out and had left it in the yard I chucked half a pound of steak over the fence liberally drugged and put the thing in a sack and dropped it in the nearby river with half a dozen housebricks for company.Those who live by the sword...

HOLA4419

Her father was a rather eminent surgeon at St Mary's Hospital in London and there is a ward named after him (and after Jonathan Porritts dad who also worked there)

I looked afer her briefly about 15 years ago and I don't think I am giving away any secrets by saying she had a very serious alcohol problem then.

She must have given up because she would not have survived 6 months if she hadn't.

HOLA4420
Well it's the fact that it's an inoffensive animal like a hare really,a herbivore.A few years back a toerag neighbour had a pit-bull type dog and my son was a toddler.One day when they were out and had left it in the yard I chucked half a pound of steak over the fence liberally drugged and put the thing in a sack and dropped it in the nearby river with half a dozen housebricks for company.Those who live by the sword...

Well done you, however it is forbidden to chase Hares with dogs, yet it is acceptable to chase Rabbits with dogs. Confused.com :blink:

HOLA4421
Guest X-QUORK
Well done you, however it is forbidden to chase Hares with dogs, yet it is acceptable to chase Rabbits with dogs. Confused.com :blink:

Probably because rabbits are classified as vermin. In any case, try stopping a Jack Russell once it's onto a rabbit...no chance.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425
Guest X-QUORK
Do you think the classification for vermin could be expanded to include chavs? Is it difficult to stop a Jack Russell if it is mistakenly on a Hare?

Not sure if a Jack Russell could take a hare, they're very quick and big enough to make JRs think twice.

Archived