House Price Crash Forum

Protestors Outside Barclays Bank

HOLA441

Can't see that it's been posted previously.

This was on the local news at lunchtime - people complaining about the investment advice given at the bank - one chap interviewed had STR'd and invested £300k, the value of the investment went down to £150k, and is currently standing at £180k...

I particarly enjoyed the young girl with a poster saying "Barclays robbed my Grandma"

LINK

HOLA442

This was on the local news at lunchtime - people complaining about the investment advice given at the bank - one chap interviewed had STR'd and invested £300k, the value of the investment went down to £150k, and is currently standing at £180k...

I particarly enjoyed the young girl with a poster saying "Barclays robbed my Grandma"

LINK

is anyone outside the bank of england with a poster saying biggest theft ever re £175bn printed money

HOLA443

LINK

is this for real?

these people have this much money but no idea how to look after it

HOLA444
is anyone outside the bank of england with a poster saying biggest theft ever re £175bn printed money

now that i woudl join but NuLab woudl have you wisked of the street and you would be "missing" for 20 years

Edited by ZR_Seanie

HOLA445
HOLA446
is this for real?

I'm afraid I grew up in that part of the world so, yes. They are old country folk and tend to believe spiv types in banks with a nice suit and a firm handshake.

HOLA447
is this for real?

Yes, it's for real. It's had previous publicity, but this is the first time I've seen protestors...

Barclays Investment Victims Club website

This Is Money article

Money Marketing article

They took advice from Barclays Investments, wanted something low risk, invested as per recommendations, and then lost a whole stash. It turns out that due to a "procedural error" some investment vehicles were mis-categorised, and as such, risky investments were billed as safe ones... People are narked, and are trying to push for an FSA investigation.

I was just impressed that someone was standing around waving banners in this country - it so rarely happens nowadays.

HOLA448
HOLA449

LINK

You gotta laugh.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411