House Price Crash Forum

Telegraph: Phil Spencer: From Boom To Bust

HOLA441
Beeny is a quite bit sharper than the other two in that she saw it coming and repositioned herself. That doesn't necessarily afford her any more moral high ground. It just demonstrates that she is not as dumbass as the other two.

I agree. Beeny still can be held partly responsible for the mass hysteria which, as you NEVER hear in the media, has caused the worst financial crisis for a generation (at least).

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
Fell off my chair when heard he recently got a book deal writing about property!

Books/printing/publishers - that's another thing the hidden 'V-eye' ones have a (hidden) complete strangle hold on!

I've spoken to people on another site who have tried publishing their musings/stories, but if the Vi's don't like what they read -

they either turn them down flat or give them extortionate quotes £ per book - that no (usually pennyless) junior writer can afford!

What you get to read (printed books) is only that which has been passed by the 'Vi' machine!

(You could apply same scenario with 'pennyless' musician/band being coerced/coaxed into signing a 'rip-off' record deal with no get out clause!)

HOLA443
Books/printing/publishers - that's another thing the hidden 'V-eye' ones have a (hidden) complete strangle hold on!

I've spoken to people on another site who have tried publishing their musings/stories, but if the Vi's don't like what they read -

they either turn them down flat or give them extortionate quotes £ per book - that no (usually pennyless) junior writer can afford!

What you get to read (printed books) is only that which has been passed by the 'Vi' machine!

(You could apply same scenario with 'pennyless' musician/band being coerced/coaxed into signing a 'rip-off' record deal with no get out clause!)

Scary stuff. 60% of the population are "homeowners" - so we're surrounded by VIs....

HOLA444
Beeny is a quite bit sharper than the other two in that she saw it coming and repositioned herself. That doesn't necessarily afford her any more moral high ground. It just demonstrates that she is not as dumbass as the other two.

Yes - but she's still part of it all -- scammer in the end...

HOLA445
HOLA446
Surely Phil should hand over his presenting job to the guy who took over his business and left Phil with the debts.

Obviously a lot smarter than him.

I wonder what he REALLY thinks of himself, deep down.... And if he secretly realizes that Kirsty is THICK as pigsh1t...? :P

Edited by eric pebble

HOLA447
My letter - posted on this site - http://www.channel4.com/4homes/on-tv/reloc...-06-24_p_1.html - where Spencer's failure as a "property expert" is conveniently ignored.... :angry:

---------------

"Sorry - but I thought Mr Spencer's company had gone bust?!? He and Miss Alsop have done nothing except ramp property prices and made peoples' lives a misery. It's a disgrace that you don't make it clear that this man's property business FAILED."

----------------------------

Needless to say -- that comment/email/letter won't be published on that site..... :rolleyes:

Eric - I enjoy your posts immensely and your content is always good: prescient too. But do you realise that your many and varied fonts do make for difficult reading?

HOLA448
Eric - I enjoy your posts immensely and your content is always good: prescient too. But do you realise that your many and varied fonts do make for difficult reading?

Sorry Dragon -- I think fonts come up differently depending on the computer/software you're using. Lately, I have tried to just write without too many colours/types -- sorry -- I am just typing now! No extra fonts! :(

HOLA449
HOLA4410

Spencer's story is one of hubris and over-confidence over sobriety and caution.

The day he and rampers like him were put centre stage economic crisis was inevitable.

This is the second property-induced crisis i can remember - this one is much worse than the 1990's crash - and frankly I'm getting really sick of it.

HOLA4411

There was an article in the local paper. A woman whose house has been 'chosen' as a possibly suitable purchase by Phil.

It seems there is a new series of location location location in the Autumn sometime. She said she won't know if her house will be actually used until it is aired in 8/9 months time I think.

Looks like Phil is back in business.

Oh and she was disappointed not to be visited by Kirtsy for some reason.

I'll see if I can find the article........

Edit: Found it!

http://www.metronews.co.uk/news/s/1129080_philming_location

THERE was a surprise in store for a Hale family as they were told a celebrity visitor would be arriving at their home.

Emily and Paul Street welcomed property programme star Phil Spencer at their Delahays Road house after it was filmed for Channel 4 series Location, Location, Location.

Emily said: "We’re into these property programmes, so when I got a call about their visit I rang my husband and told him to guess who was coming. The producers of the show came to our house just to film the property – not us, thank goodness – as the couple they were filming wanted a house in south Manchester.

"Phil came along but sadly not Kirstie.

"He was a lovely guy – really polite. He said he was pleased that they’d shortlisted us and told us he thought it was a great house, which was really nice to hear from a property guy.

"My mum was hanging around too, wanting to meet him!"

The Streets, who have two sons, two-year-old Oscar and five-month-old Ernie, will have to wait for eight months to see their home on TV.

They are crossing their fingers that their home of three years will be picked by the couple in their search for their dream home. They are looking to sell their property, currently on the market for £374,950, as they are looking to buy another house in Hale.

Midwife Emily, 27, added: "The couple went to see another house on Friday but we have been told we were in the top two that they chose.

"They are expecting a baby so hopefully this kind of home appealed to them."

Edited by Red Kharma