House Price Crash Forum

Man Utd Accept £80m Ronaldo Bid

darwin

HOLA441

Its also a canny move for Real, as they will make an absolute fortune on shirt sales...I believe they made over £300m on Beckham replica shirts. I'll probably end up eating my own words, but Man U may well "struggle" (depending on how you define struggle)... His possible replacement Antonio Valencia isnt in the same league as Ronaldo.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
Its also a canny move for Real, as they will make an absolute fortune on shirt sales...I believe they made over £300m on Beckham replica shirts. I'll probably end up eating my own words, but Man U may well "struggle" (depending on how you define struggle)... His possible replacement Antonio Valencia isnt in the same league as Ronaldo.

Taggart will just get berbatoss and rooney playing as a more orthadox striker pair, and it'l probably be the best in the league. Valencia on 1 flank, another new player for the other side, Carrick and Andersson/Fletcher locking down the middle; it'l be like utd of old, with the flying wingers and keane/ince in the centre.

HOLA443
Taggart will just get berbatoss and rooney playing as a more orthadox striker pair, and it'l probably be the best in the league. Valencia on 1 flank, another new player for the other side, Carrick and Andersson/Fletcher locking down the middle; it'l be like utd of old, with the flying wingers and keane/ince in the centre.

I just dont know if Berba is up to playing full games, week in week - he's certainly no Ronaldo replacement...They've also just lost 30 goal a season player in Ronaldo..It will certainly be interesting to see who'll replace him..I suspect the Glazers will give Ferguson probably half of the £80m & keep the rest to spend on keeping down those interest repayments.. A top quality 30 goal a season player wont come cheap, and all the teams around Europe now know how much Man U have to spend, so see those prices rising as we speak..

HOLA444
What is all this "We"?

Do you really think that you have some 'ownership' of that footie club?

You are just a punter whose money they take.

If you had no cash what interest would they have in you?

Pretty much the same when people watch all sports, especially international level. Many people ask " How many medals did we get in the olympics"

Me, I`m a Chelsea pitch owner. I bought a share in order to safeguard my club`s ground being developed by property vultures.

I own a piece of the pitch :P

Don`t be a miserable sod TMT :rolleyes:

HOLA445
Man Utd accept £80m Ronaldo bid

Manchester United have accepted a world record offer of £80m from Real Madrid for Cristiano Ronaldo.

Whoa, that's a lot of cash. Would be rude not to take it. Nearly as much as what Mike Ashley's asking for the whole of Newcastle United!

It's absolutely disgusting and obscene to pay this much money for 1 person who basically kicks a piece of cow-hide round a field for the entertainment of others - nothing more than a glorified monkey.

He doesn't create anything, change people's lives or contribute to the wider economy so I personally think outrageous fortunes such as this spent on mere footballes should be capped. The FA are acting irresponsible in even allowing this transaction to take place. It's morally and ethically WRONG when the World's economy is in such a state and children are still dying of starvation in the world..... but this is what happens when one sells their soul to the very devil himself.... :angry:

Wouldn't it be ironic if he got hit by a bus tomorrow.... ?

HOLA446
HOLA447
Guest BAREBEAR_soon to be ALIVA
Ever heard of a lad called Joey Barton?

Yeh and Gazza and Collymore and many others thats why I wanted to know why he was digging out Ashley Cole.

Anyway I think by and large they're all fairly well behaved, if I'd of had that sort of dosh in my 20's I think I would have done a fair bit more hell raising.

HOLA448
Pretty much the same when people watch all sports, especially international level. Many people ask " How many medals did we get in the olympics"

Me, I`m a Chelsea pitch owner. I bought a share in order to safeguard my club`s ground being developed by property vultures.

I own a piece of the pitch :P

Don`t be a miserable sod TMT :rolleyes:

Shared ownership of clubs is probably going to be the future of most of the smaller clubs. I can only see this list growing

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fan-o...#United_Kingdom quite substantially, as too many clubs are still being run on completey uneconomical model, and the only out for them, is to go bust.

Many owners have go into clubs (perhaps they've seen it as extra kudos / money making, whatever) and they then effectively go an balls everything up and the fans are left to pick up the pieces.. The club goes bust, but its then taken over by the fans, by buying shares in the new club... the Premiershite is vastly overrated & I say go and watch lower league games, where the clubs actually value their fanbase & its more entertaining...

HOLA449
It's absolutely disgusting and obscene to pay this much money for 1 person who basically kicks a piece of cow-hide round a field for the entertainment of others - nothing more than a glorified monkey.

He doesn't create anything, change people's lives or contribute to the wider economy so I personally think outrageous fortunes such as this spent on mere footballes should be capped. The FA are acting irresponsible in even allowing this transaction to take place. It's morally and ethically WRONG when the World's economy is in such a state and children are still dying of starvation in the world..... but this is what happens when one sells their soul to the very devil himself.... :angry:

Spoken like a true WonderBird... you sound like my missus :rolleyes:

EDIT: wait, is that you darling???

I thought you told me to stay away from this website... :blink:

HOLA4410

Ah yes, the old tractor production versus art/culture argument.

Give me glorified monkeys over increased tractor production any day of the week.

You continue waving your little red book.

HOLA4411

Yeh and the trully awful bird that played the trully awful character Wonderwoman got paid loads for total drivel. Should have given the profits straight to the starving kids.

What a bad choice of avatar given her beliefs !!

HOLA4412

EDIT: wait, is that you darling???

I thought you told me to stay away from this website... :blink:

Yes, it's me darling - now make sure you're home for dinner - we have Sheeple Pie tonight. :rolleyes:

HOLA4413
Yeh and the trully awful bird that played the trully awful character Wonderwoman got paid loads for total drivel. Should have given the profits straight to the starving kids.

What a bad choice of avatar given her beliefs !!

It's called IRONY!!! lol :P

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
It's called IRONY!!! lol :P

Which is what you should be doing along with cookingy and cleaningy instead of interfering in mens things :lol: ( just joking) ( Just in case you do have any superhuman powers)

HOLA4416
Guest theboltonfury
Yeh and Gazza and Collymore and many others thats why I wanted to know why he was digging out Ashley Cole.

Anyway I think by and large they're all fairly well behaved, if I'd of had that sort of dosh in my 20's I think I would have done a fair bit more hell raising.

Gazza is mentally ill and was nothing like Cole or Barton (who is actually worse - I stand corrected). Gazza liked a drink and unfortunately gave his Mrs a toeing. He came clean and admitted his faults and tried his best to do his best to work within his limitations. Maybe it's just me but Gazza came across a demonised soul who tried to do his best, even though I'll agree hitting his bird was despicable and indefensible. However, the people generally loved him and still do.

You are a clearly a Chelsea fan which renders your point of view tainted in this discussion.

HOLA4417
Gazza is mentally ill and was nothing like Cole or Barton (who is actually worse - I stand corrected). Gazza liked a drink and unfortunately gave his Mrs a toeing. He came clean and admitted his faults and tried his best to do his best to work within his limitations. Maybe it's just me but Gazza came across a demonised soul who tried to do his best, even though I'll agree hitting his bird was despicable and indefensible. However, the people generally loved him and still do.

You are a clearly a Chelsea fan which renders your point of view tainted in this discussion.

The parrot was dead ,it wasn't sleeping or knackered or shagged out after a particularly long squawk.

Just admit you were wrong man.

Tainted my view maybe but I cant see that our Ashley is what you described him as therefore you are wrong, wrong ,wrong and would only be right if he re-joined Arsenal.

HOLA4418
Guest theboltonfury
The parrot was dead ,it wasn't sleeping or knackered and shagged out.

Just admit you were wrong man.

Tainted my view maybe but I cant see that our Ashley is what you described him as therefore you are wrong, wrong ,wrong and would only be right if he re-joined Arsenal.

You've gone again. I'm not sure what your point is here.

I said he was a member of your family.

HOLA4419
You've gone again. I'm not sure what your point is here.

I said he was a member of your family.

Ok Ok I am George Cole and you get your $5

HOLA4420
Guest theboltonfury
Ok Ok I am George Cole and you get your $5

That's better. Can we agree to disagree on this now?

I've clearly got your Ashley all wrong. :D

HOLA4421

Surely if he's mentally ill then hitting his bird IS defensible.

Your argument is so full of holes its untrue.

Gazza was/is a p1ss head of the highest order who has played the mental card because he's skint and had created such a bad reputation for himself.

HOLA4422
That's better. Can we agree to disagree on this now?

I've clearly got your Ashley all wrong. :D

Certainly not, retract your 3 comments and describe him a bit more fairly then sure.

HOLA4423
Guest theboltonfury
Certainly not, retract your 3 comments and describe him a bit more fairly then sure.

No. He's a tit.

HOLA4424
Guest theboltonfury
Surely if he's mentally ill then hitting his bird IS defensible.

Your argument is so full of holes its untrue.

Gazza was/is a p1ss head of the highest order who has played the mental card because he's skint and had created such a bad reputation for himself.

Gazza is a very sick man. Being mental is not an excuse for violence. Are you suggesting a depressive can hit their partner defensibly?

HOLA4425
Gazza is a very sick man. Being mental is not an excuse for violence. Are you suggesting a depressive can hit their partner defensibly?

You said hitting his bird is indefensible. I'm saying that his defence is that he is mad.

Archived