HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
Guest มร หล&#3
It is not that simple OP.

You missed 'Perpetual Tourist'

... & that is a serious comment

Yes. That's true.

It's only if you are retired or have an income where you are that the expat thing should count. Mine still comes from the West (not UK), although I do all the work from here, so not sure on that one.

But the next job is in the East, but not this country I'm in now. Confused . . .

HOLA4411
Guest มร หล&#3
Just a hit-and-run troll called Rinoa.

Pre-op name Roy Cropper.

Some say s/he was once a certain Columbo.

What does all that mean, ycat?

Columbo? Like Peter Falk or something, didn't he go insane recently. Always liked him.

HOLA4412
Guest มร หล&#3

Oh add to that one about work, what if you're living in another country because you have offspring there? Does that count?

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
Guest มร หล&#3
Parry- your "squiggle," are you doing a "Prince" on us? :rolleyes:

It's still the same, just in a different language.

Clever innit?!

HOLA4415
Guest redwine
Lot's more expat's than people realise on HPC.

Let's see.

i am an expat but i don't like the word "expat" its always associated with buying houses abroad and money at least today it seems like

when members of my family and some friends of mine left england to go and work in canada it was because they were on the dole

nobody talked about the "expats" then but its was before the "housing bubble"

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
Guest มร หล&#3
i am an expat but i don't like the word "expat" its always associated with buying houses abroad and money at least today it seems like

when members of my family and some friends of mine left england to go and work in canada it was because they were on the dole

nobody talked about the "expats" then but its was before the "housing bubble"

Yes, I'm not keen (well care not really) for the term expat. We take some stick on this site mind and some don't even reveal they are because they can't be bothered with the bashing.

I keep in contact with a few via email. They've set up really nice lives for themselves and their families. They're happy.

HOLA4419
Guest มร หล&#3
I suspect Mr Parry, judging from your avatar, that you and me and possibly one or two others on here, are used to spend Baht than Pounds. Am I right ?

I bet you live round the corner? Issan?

HOLA4420

IMO, this site is over represented with Expats, computer geeks, BNP and global warming deniers.

Expats have to wonder more about house prices because they experience going between different markets, whether to sell in one and buy in another, etc. Maybe they like discussing things with other Brits?

Computer geeks, because this site appeals to analytical minds?

BNP - ooer missus , not commenting on why they are over represented. When I last checked our who are you voting for at the election had a reasonable sample size and 1.57 percent voted labour. Be fcking funny if that was mirrored by the general public today.

Global warming deniers. Pretty much a don't believe what the establishment is telling you site. Though when George Bush is saying dispute the science, I would have thought that would put most people off Man Made Climate Change Denial.

HOLA4421
Guest มร หล&#3
Yes it is, but can't we have it bigger? - preferably much bigger than HAMISH McNUMPTY's sig.

Who?

Laura, what do you want me to make bigger?

HOLA4422
Guest มร หล&#3
IMO, this site is over represented with Expats, computer geeks, BNP and global warming deniers.

Expats have to wonder more about house prices because they experience going between different markets, whether to sell in one and buy in another, etc. Maybe they like discussing things with other Brits?

Computer geeks, because this site appeals to analytical minds?

BNP - ooer missus , not commenting on why they are over represented. When I last checked our who are you voting for at the election had a reasonable sample size and 1.57 percent voted labour. Be fcking funny if that was mirrored by the general public today.

Global warming deniers. Pretty much a don't believe what the establishment is telling you site. Though when George Bush is saying dispute the science, I would have thought that would put most people off Man Made Climate Change Denial.

I only build my own to live in. I'd say it's worth zero. But it keeps my computer dry.

I really could not care less about house prices, here or in the UK.

Just come here to chat with smart people, like yourself fairies_wear_boots.

HOLA4423

STR'edish early 2008 to live rent free, under contract overseas, timing or what :lol:

So am I an expat - No

Put my money to good use and now watching it climb.

I did say in my first post, back in Jan, liquidate now and get into sterling, cos $ and euro were going to collapse, told by HPC guru I was taking the p*SS.

Wish I could remember which chimp it was :lol::lol::lol:

HOLA4424
Lot's more expat's than people realise on HPC.

Let's see.

It would also have been interesting to have a "not yet" option for people who are planning to leave the UK. I'm emigrating once the sale of my UK home completes...

HOLA4425
Who?

Laura, what do you want me to make bigger?

Hmm. good question -- though your sig. truly was my original intent Mr. Parry, sir.

THINKS .................

A terminal rogering of HAMISH McTAVISH (is it?) would impress me.

You may use anything you wish ............ as long as I can see, but not hear, his screams.