Moody's Downgrades Rbs To B3 From Ba3

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
Wow!

Link?

Cheers

Mike

Waiting for a web linky - I got it off Bloomberg.

* The rating cut to B3 is for their Tier 1 Non-Cumulative Preference shares

* Their Junior Subordinated debt is cut from Baa3 (still Investment Grade) to Ba1 (now classified as "High Yield" - akin to the middle/2nd top tranche of a CDO) - it's still on review for further downgrade.

Bear in mind Moody's generally apply the stricter methodology compared to S&P and Fitch, but it's not good.

Edited by whyohwhy

HOLA444

* Their Junior Subordinated debt is cut from Baa3 (still Investment Grade) to Ba1 (now classified as "High Yield" - akin to the middle/2nd top tranche of a CDO) - it's still on review for further downgrade.

Bear in mind Moody's generally apply the stricter methodology compared to S&P and Fitch, but it's not good.

isn't that what the employees bonuses were paid in?

HOLA445
That's the same rating as some of first loss pieces of the SubPrime MBS / CDOs from last year.... "junk bond" territory

Most on here knew RBS were junk soon after they bought ABN , nice of Moody's to finally confirm it though ;)

HOLA446
Most on here knew RBS were junk soon after they bought ABN , nice of Moody's to finally confirm it though ;)

And some on here knew RBS were junk long before they bought ABN.

"it started in Amsterdam/Rotterdam, doncha know?".

HOLA447
That's the same rating as some of first loss pieces of the SubPrime MBS / CDOs from last year.... "junk bond" territory

Bearing in mind that the British taxpayers own the majority of RBS does that mean that UK is also B3?

HOLA448
course, being downgraded is a sign of strength

"One has to have been strong to have been downgraded"....N.E.Minister...nulab June 4th 2009

Their strength is their weakness, and their weakness is their strength!

HOLA449

Can you check your data as I'm looking on Bloomberg now and see that only Preferred Stock has been downgraded for RBS -from B3 to Ba3. Junior Subordinated debt is Ba2 and has been since 3rd April.

I can see a downgrade of Junior Subordinated debt on RBS Capital Trust x and Royal Bank of Scotland PLC (2783Z LN) (this is not the same as the quoted RBS (RBS LN) as far as I can make out)

HOLA4410

course, being downgraded is a sign of strength

"One has to have been strong to have been downgraded"....N.E.Minister...nulab June 4th 2009

Edited by Bloo Loo