House Price Crash Forum

Has Anyone Noticed Any Eas Shutting Down Lately ?

HOLA441

Just wondering how estate agents were doing roud the country.

Anyone noticed any significant closures lately ?

I was surprised to see a large agents over looking wandsworth common, in London, was closed. Im sure it was open about a month ago.

Isn't it about time we heard more news on Foxtons, its all gone quiet on them. Can they last ?

HOLA442

Isn't it about time we heard more news on Foxtons, its all gone quiet on them. Can they last ?

No. I wish.

The Foxtons near me is the Notting Hill branch - I believe that might be where the business originally started from. It's still going, but they've moved into smaller premises.

Oh, the humiliation! :lol:

HOLA443
No. I wish.

The Foxtons near me is the Notting Hill branch - I believe that might be where the business originally started from. It's still going, but they've moved into smaller premises.

Oh, the humiliation! :lol:

Well, at least that's something. It's surely a matter of time till we see a surge in agents shutting. The spring bounce is dead and volumes are way down, and unlikely to rise. Therefore the number of agents trading at the moment is unsustainable.

HOLA444
HOLA445
Just wondering how estate agents were doing roud the country.

I was surprised to see a large agents over looking wandsworth common, in London, was closed. Im sure it was open about a month ago.

Ah, you're near my gaffe, I've have to take a look at the one you mention missing when next out on a run.

Only other one of note i remember was the Foxtons wanabee agency (Can't remember the name - but across the road and not far away from Foxtons on the Balham high street) but that one closed up a few months back.

Foxtons no doubt still be smoking in the cash on their £150 'reference checks' and the likes from their lettings division.

HOLA446

We have 7 EAs just along one very small high street, which even outnumber their nearest rivals in terms of numbers, crappy coffee shops. I've been expecting the whole past year to see at least one close down and replaced with something more interesting, but so far I've been thoroughly disappointed. They are all promoting lettings a great deal more now. Two pubs along the same street have gone recently, along with M&S. Even more bizarre a new seemingly independent travel agents, with a ridiculous number of staff has opened. Its always empty. I've given up trying to understand.

Edited by Fraccy

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449