House Price Crash Forum

Question Time

HOLA441
Guest anorthosite
and you were conquered by us :lol::lol::lol:

Not sure I remember that bit from history. When did it happen again?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442
Guest anorthosite
Distance of earth from Sun

Required rotation of planets and chemical make up of planets not consistent with random 'big bang'.

Someone's confusing the universe with the solar system.

Life - Cells made of components that cannot exist in isolation

Order - against laws of increasing disorder

The second law of thermodynamics is not valid here as creating cells increases entropy overall, while reducing it locally, a bit like assembling a wall out of bricks.

I'm not convinced that the earth is only 5000 year (or 7000years old)

How about 4.5 billion years? The evidence for it comes from multiple sources after all.

Do you agree there are rocks in the UK that are at least 3 billion years old?

The alternative offered is evolution. The main THEORY being continuous transition. However, TOTAL lack of fossil evidence has disproven this.

There is plenty of fossil evidence, so be so deceitful.

HOLA443

I managed to fill up another wanted poster (V2.0) full of the bastards.

Everyone please feel free to cut and paste it anywhere you like.

Wanted Poster Version 2.0 - Cabinet Crooks

HOLA444
So there'd be less crime if Leona Lewis was Home Secretary? :blink:

At least she is 'easy on the eye'. The only Liebour cabinet ministers, male or female, who come close to that claim are The Flinty One and the Millipede. And she couldnt be less competent than any of them, so I say we should go for ministers who are easy on the eye, as having an knowledge or competence seems to be an exclusion criterion anyhow.

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
Guest anorthosite
I missed most of QT last night as it was so boring. Any more programmes like that, and I suggest the BBC put on a special Scottish version of Question Time, which is just shown in Scotland.

Now you know how Scotland and Wales feel every time they watch the 6 o'clock news.

That's a serious point - anything about crime, health or education (which can be quite a chunk of it) on the main news is usually only about England, as these are devolved issues. The BBC have been asked time and time again to give Scotland and Wales their own main news, but they've always refused.

HOLA448
Now you know how Scotland and Wales feel every time they watch the 6 o'clock news.

That's a serious point - anything about crime, health or education (which can be quite a chunk of it) on the main news is usually only about England, as these are devolved issues. The BBC have been asked time and time again to give Scotland and Wales their own main news, but they've always refused.

The Scottish should have their own news, even a SBC even. Actually one way of breaking up the BBC.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
Never seen Nadine Dorris before but she was hot!

One of the few politicos in this country who might get a job in Silvios cabinet in Italy...

Some of those McBride rumours certainly got me thinkinking off topic.....

Her manner reminded me of that old female ex Tory MP, can't remember her name, from Essex,total fruitloop and had tattooed eyebrows I think!

Edited by UnsureFTB

HOLA4411
Guest anorthosite
Never seen Nadine Dorris before but she was hot!

She's serious yummy mummy, just a shame she's a Conservative MP really...

HOLA4412
The second law of thermodynamics is not valid here as creating cells increases entropy overall, while reducing it locally, a bit like assembling a wall out of bricks.

Indeed, the whole system needs to be taken into account. For a first order approximation it is Sun-Earth-Life. The reason evolution doesn't violate the 2nd Law is that the decrease in entropy caused by having more complex life is vastly outweighed by the increase in the Sun's entropy.

Edited by Dr Elk

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
Trident not a weapon of mas destruction says Nadine... I suppose it lands by the ragheads and just makes a scary farting noise?

I have to admit that I struggled to understand what she meant here. Not exactly armed with paint balls are they?

I guess she hopes and prays that the threat of retaliation maintains peace and ensures that no-one kicks off. I think we exhausted discussions on this in the 80s.

HOLA4417
Guest AuntJess
Just watching it now, dear heavens, these people enjoy more than a few fried mars bars for breakfast.

You can tell who is going to be critical of Brown before they speak, as they have only one chin.

:lol::lol: Is it true that John Prescott has graduated from two Jags to four chins?

HOLA4418
I have to admit that I struggled to understand what she meant here

She means we would keep them as a deterrent.

Iran talks regularly of destroying their enemies, and remember we are 3rd on their hit list.

North Korea is run by a man who makes Gordon Brown look like a competent caring leader.

HOLA4419