• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
If it's nominal I presume that means an expected average house price of about £20k.This would put the average wage at around £7k

Ouch.. Even I am not wishing for that :unsure:

If enough members join you could negotiate discounts off the £20K....

HOLA447
I don't believe 90% from peak is likely or possible, 50% - 60% maybe.

If houses valued at £250k at peak drop to £25k, which would be a 90% reduction, I'll buy one for each of my kids and two as spares. ;)

Phew, do you realise what you wrote.... up to 60% off!!!

Just 6 months ago even hard drilled HPCers would have called for your neck-in-a-noose for suggesting such mad reductions.

Some still may.

HOLA448
If it's nominal I presume that means an expected average house price of about £20k.

This would put the average wage at around £7k

Ouch.. Even I am not wishing for that :unsure:

:(

Assume average wage of 20k (for those still in work)

Minus bills they can maybe afford a 40k home.

In times of depression prices go through the floor.

Should I sign you up to the club, bud ;)

HOLA449

suppose there needs to be a figure for worst case scenario

90% to me would be after currency reset, massive tax increases, 20% + unemployment, martial law, war etc

I expect 2001 prices with 3x salary mortgages.

you just need to ask why is UK so wealthy now and what can sustain that wealth in the future.

HOLA4410
Phew, do you realise what you wrote.... up to 60% off!!!

Just 6 months ago even hard drilled HPCers would have called for your neck-in-a-noose for suggesting such mad reductions.

Some still may.

I do realise what I wrote, I also said maybe.

In all seriousness though, I think 50% from peak is a distinct possibilty.

Mind you, I've been expecting an HPC for some time.

Group: Members

Member No.: 2,766

HOLA4411
Guest KingCharles1st
This is incubating at exactly the WRONG TIME. I can see some hassle occurring, somebody being shot by a Police Marksman or something, and then we are off and running into the Summer.

Advice for protesters- remember the camera's on every lamp=post before you do something stupid

Also, this could be Gordon's only chance to get the handshake from the US Prersident he so desperately wants, so he will pull no punches in making sure everything "runs smoothly.'

I see a chicken and egg situation now.

As there is absolutely NOTHING that is a huge ongoing growth industry in the UK anymore (remember it's different this time)

it ought to therefore follow that there are no areas in which the better placed/more fortunate are going to make pots of money in the near future, therefore there is no foreseeable end to a stabilisation or upswing in DESIRE (to own property as an investment) and as anyone who has been on a sales seminar will know, desire is paramount in selling. So without "turning the corner" so to speak, we will carry on in the direction we are currently headed- ie DOWN. and if we keep going in that direction ,a;though personally I don't think we WILL get quite that far, I would think that in a few isolated cases, -90% certainly IS possible.

HOLA4412
I see a chicken and egg situation now.

As there is absolutely NOTHING that is a huge ongoing growth industry in the UK anymore (remember it's different this time)

it ought to therefore follow that there are no areas in which the better placed/more fortunate are going to make pots of money in the near future, therefore there is no foreseeable end to a stabilisation or upswing in DESIRE (to own property as an investment) and as anyone who has been on a sales seminar will know, desire is paramount in selling. So without "turning the corner" so to speak, we will carry on in the direction we are currently headed- ie DOWN. and if we keep going in that direction ,a;though personally I don't think we WILL get quite that far, I would think that in a few isolated cases, -90% certainly IS possible.

Great post.

Application processed, and STC*

* 100% fee* up front.

Fee = 10 mars bars and a can of beans.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
suppose there needs to be a figure for worst case scenario

90% to me would be after currency reset, massive tax increases, 20% + unemployment, martial law, war etc

I expect 2001 prices with 3x salary mortgages.

you just need to ask why is UK so wealthy now and what can sustain that wealth in the future.

It's not, we're in line to go crawling to the IMF for food packages.

Wanna sign up?

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
If houseprices fall 90%, society will have collapsed before you realize it.

Frankly, It's possible

i dont suppose it counts as a 90% drop but there are houses for sale in Liverpool for £20,000.

Society might well have collapsed round there tho. I went back to tread old ground and visited the pub opposite my grandads house.

The Landlord was telling me how now all the old fellas drank in the wetherspoons up the road he made more money from smack heads coming in to use the phone than from selling beer. grim . Still , i could buy a couple of houses, 'get on the ladder' and start my BTL empire.

HOLA4422

I really doubt that 90% percent is possible. The Gov can easily print enough to avoid it before people lose faith in the currency.

90% in some of the BTL's slums outside of london sure, but not as an average nationwide figure.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425