House Price Crash Forum

Ea Called Me Today

HOLA441

Man i finished work today at 1630 and got home and got a call from an EA

she was really laying it on thick and was full of it

i said houses were falling in price, she told me that i should not worry to much as its a home and can bring so much enjoyment

Then she told me she has sold 16 new houses this year on the new 25% deposit sceme and that houses around here were selling for 180K

in MK that is alot for a 2 bed

man it was the longest 25 mins of my life and the sad thing is they actually believe what they are telling you

i quoted todays figures and she said yeah but its a home so you wont care, i said i will when my mortgage is lower so i can buy a house for less and on the saving have a holiday every year, she said renting is dead money

i told her i woudl rather rent than buy a houses for that much money

it went on like this forever

go on bulls throw some crap at this thread i have learnt to you ingore you all.

HOLA442
HOLA443

Pretty similar story here. I phoned up an EA a few weeks ago just to get some additional details on a flat that looked OK. I can see missed calls from them every day now (i don't finish work until 6 so they always miss me)

Definite hints of desparation in her voice. I'm not mean to them, i just point out I'm in no rush as house prices can only go down for the forseable future. To be honest i'm leaning towards holding off buying until i have a job i like, don't want the financial chain around my neck.

HOLA444
Pretty similar story here. I phoned up an EA a few weeks ago just to get some additional details on a flat that looked OK. I can see missed calls from them every day now (i don't finish work until 6 so they always miss me)

Definite hints of desparation in her voice. I'm not mean to them, i just point out I'm in no rush as house prices can only go down for the forseable future. To be honest i'm leaning towards holding off buying until i have a job i like, don't want the financial chain around my neck.

same as really, i have gone from being happy with a good % off from peak to waiting until its at the real bottom no matter who ramps up the market.

to be honest i know myself and a few friends who are FTB also are getting board with the whole housing market and going t enjoy ourselves instead.

so many bulls are hoping and EA's are spinnign what they can

well i hope i speak for many FTB's and say sod your prices were not interested.

little concerned about QE that is now happening as inflation will possibly soar if these muppets carry on.

HOLA445
HOLA446

im kind of glad im busy this year as watching news all the time was getting depressing.

i dont actually know how these people actually believe houses are worth this much.

quite sad really.

the hard thing to do it stay nice to them as you need to be informed of any new properties that might be of interest

HOLA447

Went to see a half mil house the other day in Norfolk - not impressed! Postage stamp sized graden. Badly done barn conversion, partition boards instead of wall etc etc etc.

EA calls me up today to ask what I think. Told her that the place was over priced and badly done, had neigbours overlooking it and was on a road. She asked what I thought it was worth - I said about £300k max asking price (aiming for offers of about 20% lower to sell) - also said that I had seen places at about £300k that I would take in preferance to that one in a direct swap.

I also told her that she was wasting my time, their agencies time and the vendors time trying to sell it at that price. She said that maybe someone from London would buy it. I said that the last fool has left the building and she needed to get real about the current market if they are to survive. SHTUM!

Anyway you can see that the current market is all over the place - there are some good properties that are 20-30% over priced and there are some that are 100% over priced. The market is a mess of deluded sellers and estate agents who do not get the new reality. They will learn the hard way.

HOLA448

must be the halifax numbers today spooking them i also had a call from ea today, house he just valued is under tenancy which is about to end, he valued it at 320k, vender will accept 315k wants me to see it before it goes on the open market . house in question was one of the showhomes built in 2002 sold for 295k looks like a nice house but am not sure what premium they would of paid when new

HOLA449
HOLA4410
must be the halifax numbers today spooking them i also had a call from ea today, house he just valued is under tenancy which is about to end, he valued it at 320k, vender will accept 315k wants me to see it before it goes on the open market . house in question was one of the showhomes built in 2002 sold for 295k looks like a nice house but am not sure what premium they would of paid when new

If it is worth 320 today, then it won't be worth 315 in 2-3 months time. You need to get at least 10% off to protect you from under a year's falls.

HOLA4411
Man i finished work today at 1630 and got home and got a call from an EA

she was really laying it on thick and was full of it

i said houses were falling in price, she told me that i should not worry to much as its a home and can bring so much enjoyment

Then she told me she has sold 16 new houses this year on the new 25% deposit sceme and that houses around here were selling for 180K

in MK that is alot for a 2 bed

man it was the longest 25 mins of my life and the sad thing is they actually believe what they are telling you

i quoted todays figures and she said yeah but its a home so you wont care, i said i will when my mortgage is lower so i can buy a house for less and on the saving have a holiday every year, she said renting is dead money

i told her i woudl rather rent than buy a houses for that much money

it went on like this forever

go on bulls throw some crap at this thread i have learnt to you ingore you all.

:lol::lol::lol:

Sounds like they are getting fiesty. Its like 'I do want your product' 'you do, you do, why don't you admit that you want it, I know you want it, your gagging for it, why are you resisting?...' If your a woman you learn to shrug and feel sorry for the loser with the line.