House Price Crash Forum

To Let Or For Sale

HOLA441
Point taken! But i tried to sell the house in July/August08 for 175K which is a very reasonable price as the house next door but one went for 210k in january 08, I owe 135k on the mortgage at 1.68% above base, the payments are £358pm, I get £800pm from the rent thats £442pm profit, £5304 per year.

If I had sold it in July/August08 I would of had 40k in the bank earning naff all interest, in theory that 40K is still in the property earning me earning me roughly 13.3% Per annum.

Its not going to take long for people to realise that buying is cheap again and investors get a good return on their money

The only way is up baby! ;)

:lol::lol::lol:

HOLA442
HOLA443
Where are all these people moving to?

Other peoples houses who can't sell and are

renting..............?

will be mix of things - i know 3 accidental landlords:

1) emigrated due to new job overseas

2) moved in with her boyfriend to his place

3) couldn't sell for desired price and wanted bigger place for kids so rented somewhere bigger

HOLA444
will be mix of things - i know 3 accidental landlords:

1) emigrated due to new job overseas

2) moved in with her boyfriend to his place

3) couldn't sell for desired price and wanted bigger place for kids so rented somewhere bigger

Add to that the two couples who bought my place in partnership to do up and sell. Couldn't sell so they rented it out to me.

Same thing for the house two doors up. Finally let this weekend after a two month plus void.

Houses come up here all the time needing work after the elderly owner has passed away. There are loads of folk who have made a living doing them up. Of course, it's all gone sour now.

Anyway, the point is that the original owners are not moving anywhere. They've either died or gone in to a retirement home. The current vendors never lived in them or intended to ever move in.

The boom had boosted the proportion of people who 'owned' more than one house. Not one of the houses I viewed last time had an owner occupier who was moving out. The same applied six months before and yet at least half the properties had never been let before. That gives an indication of the level of new rental stock that is coming on the market in this area. All the letting agents have much more on their books now compared to one year ago.

HOLA445
HOLA446
Point taken! But i tried to sell the house in July/August08 for 175K which is a very reasonable price as the house next door but one went for 210k in january 08, I owe 135k on the mortgage at 1.68% above base, the payments are £358pm, I get £800pm from the rent thats £442pm profit, £5304 per year.

If I had sold it in July/August08 I would of had 40k in the bank earning naff all interest, in theory that 40K is still in the property earning me earning me roughly 13.3% Per annum.

Its not going to take long for people to realise that buying is cheap again and investors get a good return on their money

So why are you on here?

HOLA447

I hope you declare that income and pay tax on it like the rest of us have to.

HOLA448