House Price Crash Forum

Government May Inject 10bn Billion Into Northern Rock

A.steve

HOLA441
You're as right as HAMISH is a plonker (IMHO).

This doesn't stop me being livid at the principle.

If someone were to try to mug me for the £50 in my wallet, I'd fight them - I'd risk thousands of times greater loss not to comply. Similarly, here, any attempt by the government to directly fund mortgages is clearly and unequivocally an attempt to maintain a price for houses such that ownership is beyond the means of all who need a home. It is corrupt and evil. It doesn't matter to me that it is inept and doomed to fail - it is still wrong.

I doubt i'll ever own a home in the UK unless prices fall significantly. Certainly under New Labours vision, despite the fact i'm hard working, and doing a job I like, i'll never afford to own my own home, which is rather unfair. Especially given that the rate I can save for a deposit (assuming I have some life) + Rate at which my wages increase is LOWER than the year-on-year rise in house prices!

I'm priced out, and i earn a fairly respectable salary! :o

The whole thing is a joke and needs to change.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442
HOLA443
How long would £10bn last anyway, a months worth of loans?

Just headline grabbing.

10bn should be enough to really underpin mortgage lending; but only on houses which are priced reasonably. Since there aren't any reasonably priced houses I wouldn't worry about it having any effect at all.