House Price Crash Forum

Yorkshire Shenanigans

HOLA441

Up until the last week or so, virtually nothing had sold for some time round here (a small-ish Yorkshire market town).

However, in the past few days, I have noticed that many of the lowest price properties have gone 'under offer'! Are we seeing an influx of FTB's or investors? The ones that have gone under offer don't seem to be particularly reasonably priced and asking prices round these parts have so far not reflected the kinds of falls being reported by the Haliwide indices. I can only assume that there are some very cheeky offers being made (and accepted).

That said, still nothing really seems to be shifting in terms of more expensive properties...

HOLA442

which bit of yorkshire?

here in hebden bridge there have been a few sales in the 300-400k region the last 3 months (not on land registry yet though) plus a few more ledd than that but basically moribund and no one dropping asking prices more than 5%.

eas reckon you can get 20% off some but no more and not many motivated sellers.

HOLA443
which bit of yorkshire?

here in hebden bridge there have been a few sales in the 300-400k region the last 3 months (not on land registry yet though) plus a few more ledd than that but basically moribund and no one dropping asking prices more than 5%.

eas reckon you can get 20% off some but no more and not many motivated sellers.

It's the appeal of the Mug Runchers. ;)

HOLA444
Up until the last week or so, virtually nothing had sold for some time round here (a small-ish Yorkshire market town).

However, in the past few days, I have noticed that many of the lowest price properties have gone 'under offer'! Are we seeing an influx of FTB's or investors? The ones that have gone under offer don't seem to be particularly reasonably priced and asking prices round these parts have so far not reflected the kinds of falls being reported by the Haliwide indices. I can only assume that there are some very cheeky offers being made (and accepted).

That said, still nothing really seems to be shifting in terms of more expensive properties...

Well, I live in a small Lancashire village (I know, wrong side of the hill,lol) and have seen THREE properties sell in the last 2 months within 500 yards of my property. Agreed, all below 100k but thats the norm around here for terraced 2 bed properties.

Unless they were sold for way below the asking, possibly there is some movement.

I do think that a lot of the trouble re properties not selling and the overall reductions is inflated by the number of new build and conversion flats that has dogged the property market over recent years (all to end up drug runs blighted by the less than required DSS clients).

Here, at any rate, advertised property prices have not dropped anywhere near the Halifax's bizarre figures that they have spouted over the last couple of months. The vast majority of properties are still marketed at exactly the same price as they were a year ago.

I suppose we all have to take it with a pinch of salt regarding all information metered out and actually base it on what is happening on our own doorsteps to get the best idea. Many of these sources are actually simply wishing to make a relatively stale time into a major catastrophe in the name of getting another hand out.

Edited by loopholes

HOLA445
Here, at any rate, advertised property prices have not dropped anywhere near the Halifax's bizarre figures that they have spouted over the last couple of months. The vast majority of properties are still marketed at exactly the same price as they were a year ago.

I suppose we all have to take it with a pinch of salt regarding all information metered out and actually base it on what is happening on our own doorsteps to get the best idea. Many of these sources are actually simply wishing to make a relatively stale time into a major catastrophe in the name of getting another hand out.

I think you're right, the drop in price doesnt seem as dramatic as the statistics would indicate for advertised prices, but people seem to be accepting considerably deflated offers on their houses in some areas. Its prob worth waiting a little longer and making an offer when the market gets desparrot enough.

• 2 weeks later...
HOLA446

just the january spring-nesters boom

seasonal fluctuation happens every year. good stats should adjust this seasonal variation out.

• 1 month later...
HOLA447