Byron Posted April 29, 2008 Posted April 29, 2008 Fuel prices only go up! Most people are unaware of this fact and miss out on the chance to make a fortune. I own a campervan and filled the tank last Autumn at the end of the 2007 camping season. Just sitting on my drive, the fuel in my tank has gone up in value enormously. I now have huge equity in the value of the fuel in my tank, even though I used a credit card to fill it up. I hope to arrange with my bank to get a loan to buy more old vans and fill the tanks. The amazing thing is that not only will the loan will be 100% secured by the value of the fuel in the tanks, but after a few months, because of rising fuel price success, I will be able to borrow against the extra equity that I will have earned and so buy more fuel. I know that there is an internet site called Fuelpricecrash, but pay no attention to those nutters who keep saying that fuel is overpriced, they are a public nuisance and dangerous because they are likely to talk the market down which is quite unfair to those of us who are out there doing it. Remember, the smart money is in fuel these days. yes, I know that young people may be priced out of the fuel market, but hey, no-one said life's a doddle, anyway, my friend Kirsty has come up with the idea of shared loans, where a number of friends gather together to raise a loan to buy a gallon of fuel. Quote
z750s Posted April 30, 2008 Posted April 30, 2008 Unleaded petrol has a shelf life of 12 months at most. 8-10 months will give reduced performance, after 12 months it will damage the engine. Diesel fuel will last a good 5-6 years though. Conclusion - add some diesel to your portofolio. Quote
Jay76 Posted April 30, 2008 Posted April 30, 2008 (edited) Unleaded petrol has a shelf life of 12 months at most. 8-10 months will give reduced performance, after 12 months it will damage the engine.Diesel fuel will last a good 5-6 years though. Conclusion - add some diesel to your portofolio. Maybe, but I used some 1974 vintage 4 star that my Dad had hoarded in the last fuel crisis, to run my motorbike in the late 90's. It seemed just fine Edited April 30, 2008 by Jay76 Quote
z750s Posted April 30, 2008 Posted April 30, 2008 (edited) but but but.... according to Wikipedia(so you know it's true ): petrol When gasoline is left for a certain period of time, gums and varnishes may build up and precipitate in the gasoline, causing "stale fuel." This will cause gums to build up in the fuel tank, lines, and carburetor or fuel injection components making it harder to start the engine. Gums and varnishes should be removed by a professional to extend engine life. Motor gasoline may be stored up to 60 days in an approved container. If it is to be stored for a longer period of time, a fuel stabilizer may be used. This will extend the life of the fuel to about 1-2 years, and keep it fresh for the next uses. Fuel stabilizer is commonly used for small engines such as lawnmower and tractor engines to promote quicker and more reliable starting. Users have been advised to keep gasoline containers and tanks more than half full and properly capped to reduce air exposure, to avoid storage at high temperatures,[22] to run an engine for ten minutes to circulate the stabilizer through all components prior to storage, and to run the engine at intervals to purge stale fuel from the carburetor.[23] Did your father add fuel stabilisers to it? Edited April 30, 2008 by z750s Quote
Byron Posted April 30, 2008 Author Posted April 30, 2008 Unleaded petrol has a shelf life of 12 months at most. 8-10 months will give reduced performance, after 12 months it will damage the engine. PAY NO ATTENTION to these Gloomsters from Fuelprice crash, they are just trolling and trying to crash the market!!! Quote
notfes Posted April 30, 2008 Posted April 30, 2008 Fuel prices only go up!Most people are unaware of this fact and miss out on the chance to make a fortune. I own a campervan and filled the tank last Autumn at the end of the 2007 camping season. Just sitting on my drive, the fuel in my tank has gone up in value enormously. I now have huge equity in the value of the fuel in my tank, even though I used a credit card to fill it up. I hope to arrange with my bank to get a loan to buy more old vans and fill the tanks. The amazing thing is that not only will the loan will be 100% secured by the value of the fuel in the tanks, but after a few months, because of rising fuel price success, I will be able to borrow against the extra equity that I will have earned and so buy more fuel. I know that there is an internet site called Fuelpricecrash, but pay no attention to those nutters who keep saying that fuel is overpriced, they are a public nuisance and dangerous because they are likely to talk the market down which is quite unfair to those of us who are out there doing it. Remember, the smart money is in fuel these days. yes, I know that young people may be priced out of the fuel market, but hey, no-one said life's a doddle, anyway, my friend Kirsty has come up with the idea of shared loans, where a number of friends gather together to raise a loan to buy a gallon of fuel. Byron, I like your style, finger on the pulse sir, finger on the sheeples logic! Quote
Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable Posted April 30, 2008 Posted April 30, 2008 PAY NO ATTENTION to these Gloomsters from Fuelprice crash, they are just trolling and trying to crash the market!!! These new modern fuels are produced to European standards ad so should last for ever. Just like new houses. Quote
mbga9pgf Posted April 30, 2008 Posted April 30, 2008 These new modern fuels are produced to European standards ad so should last for ever. Just like new houses. How about aviation fuel with a bit of 2-stroke thown in instead of diesel? Quote
Bloo Loo Posted April 30, 2008 Posted April 30, 2008 PAY NO ATTENTION to these Gloomsters from Fuelprice crash, they are just trolling and trying to crash the market!!! exactly my point. I pay for all my fuel using the credit card, knowing full well that come next year, i can sell all my fuel and it will pay off the card, its interest and I will be left with a nice chunk of equity. Im thinking of buying some nice sunny spanish fuel with the profits. i can let my fuel out to british visitors and earn even more. Quote
Leonard Hatred Posted April 30, 2008 Posted April 30, 2008 If you don't go to the petrol station and fill up now, you'll miss the boat and will never be able to buy fuel ever again. Quote
yokel Posted April 30, 2008 Posted April 30, 2008 I have exclusive access to fuel producers. If you come to my seminar I'll let you buy executive fuel that hasn't even been produced yet, at a 10% discount. Trust me. I'll even arrange for my friend to lend you the money to buy the fuel. Quote
dirge Posted April 30, 2008 Posted April 30, 2008 your all fools i've STW (sold to walk) as this fuel business one big bubble! I released the equity and now walk the 15miles to work every day. I've never been happier. Quote
yokel Posted April 30, 2008 Posted April 30, 2008 your all fools i've STW (sold to walk) as this fuel business one big bubble! I released the equity and now walk the 15miles to work every day. I've never been happier. Don't listen to him, he's trying to talk us into a fuel price crash. Quote
dirge Posted April 30, 2008 Posted April 30, 2008 Don't listen to him, he's trying to talk us into a fuel price crash. the government wont let it happen Quote
Son of Taeper Posted April 30, 2008 Posted April 30, 2008 Maybe, but I used some 1974 vintage 4 star that my Dad had hoarded in the last fuel crisis, to run my motorbike in the late 90's. It seemed just fine Yes, 1974 was a fine year for fuel and its value has increased phenomenally over the years. I put a gallon of the stuff into a rotavator by mistake last month and spent the rest of the day trying to syphon it back into the jerry can. Of course, its tainted by the lead free now but what the heck, it still has to be worth a lot more than I paid for it. Quote
CharlieChuck Posted April 30, 2008 Posted April 30, 2008 I've been thinking of getting into Fuel to let. There's a lot of first time drivers out there that can't get on the fuel ladder, and for absolutely no work I can become a millionare in a few years. After all it's different this time. Quote
Bloo Loo Posted April 30, 2008 Posted April 30, 2008 My garage has invested its fuel in an SIV, Special Injection vehicle, got it insured and now its rated AA. Its been sliced and diced and sold to pension funds. Its great, now theres trillions of gallons of fuel in the world, and the big advantage is that it doesnt contribute any CO2 whatsoever. Its called the carbonless deisel option (CDO), and its made up Motorist backed Securities (MBS) Brilliant. Looking forward to bonus time at christmas. Quote
Sour Mash Posted April 30, 2008 Posted April 30, 2008 Don't put all your eggs on one basket - remember to hedge with some of your assets in the yellow stuff (sunflower oil). Quote
yokel Posted April 30, 2008 Posted April 30, 2008 No need to panic pet, Doan't tell that southern jessie Peston, but ah joost need to pop over to the Garage of England for a quick top up. Them bloody yanks have bunged up me fuel injection system wye aye. Ah'm sure the engines fine though. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.