House Price Crash Forum

Second Hand Furniture

enragedlamb

HOLA441

I'm trying to find some decent second hand furniture shops in the Newcaslte/Gateshead area. Looked at a few but they are all full of tat. In other areas of the country (Bolton, Bridgwater) I've always managed to get some really nice solid wood furniture at bargain prices but oop north it just doesn't seem to exist. Any tips on where to go? Being a frugal bunch I'm hoping you can give me local knowledge otherwise it's off to Ikea.

HOLA442
I'm trying to find some decent second hand furniture shops in the Newcaslte/Gateshead area. Looked at a few but they are all full of tat. In other areas of the country (Bolton, Bridgwater) I've always managed to get some really nice solid wood furniture at bargain prices but oop north it just doesn't seem to exist. Any tips on where to go? Being a frugal bunch I'm hoping you can give me local knowledge otherwise it's off to Ikea.

Durham pine... if it still exists

HOLA443

ebay

HOLA444
HOLA445
  • 6 months later...
HOLA446
HOLA447
  • 3 weeks later...
HOLA448
  • 8 months later...
HOLA449

How about skipping the furniture shops and buying at an auction instead? That's where a lot of those second hand shops source their furniture. Try Millers - www.millersauctioneers.co.uk. They are in Byker, just north of the river. There's also Boldens. They are on the south side of the river, a few miles east of Gateshead. They alternate their auctions, so sometimes fine art/antiques and other times general household goods. They're not bad for furniture - they're worth a look, imho.

• 6 months later...
HOLA4410

Just a suggestion, don't limit what you can have especially online services and purchases. You can visit a lot of store/retailers online who can provide you good quality furniture products as well as good deals and prices.